CBB Conlang Relay XV - RESULTS

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
anonymous123
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Re: CBB Conlang Relay XV - SIGNUPS CLOSED

Post by anonymous123 »

Trailsend wrote: 05 Nov 2022 06:59 No worries, friend!

also this is nothing to do with the relay but I loooooove the look of the language in your signature, the aesthetic is [tick] [tick] [tick]
Thank you!! It's Awatese, which I used for previous relays here. You can check out the last couple of relays or find more on ConWorkShop here!
ngąxayo peřwa a nałatą zehą, Irkąlą a tinąk a pehenątą zehą; nał a zehą, xąnituhąpąkałąpą he xąhatunąhąx; dą a zehą, xąnihąhaningnumąnwąpąnawe; nał a zehą, tan tukuhoyohoyopąnawe henąngahenąngatą a pwązi...
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

anonymous123 wrote: 04 Nov 2022 19:11 Hi, so sorry for my inactivity! I've been really busy and ended up in a worse place mentally and emotionally than anticipated leading up to the relay. I should have made this clearer earlier in my relay timeslot; thank you for understanding. I'm alright with being skipped and look forward to the next relay.
No worries! I really hope you're feeling better now.
As I said: If you have not really had a chance to check loglorn's torch at all, we can put you close to the end of the relay again.
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

qwed117 wrote: 03 Nov 2022 02:53
Torquis receptus! :P

More seriously: this week is a relatively lighter workload for me, so I should have some time to work on it, but I'll almost certainly need until the end of the weekend to finish it up. Thanks. GL
Hey qwed [:D] how is your torch going?
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Iyionaku wrote: 07 Nov 2022 13:12

More seriously: this week is a relatively lighter workload for me, so I should have some time to work on it, but I'll almost certainly need until the end of the weekend to finish it up. Thanks. GL
So I've finished translating the Ît-ie text to English, and I'm working on getting it into Hlaitype. At the same time, I'm dealing with a bit of a workload increase. With luck I should be able to finish by Wednesday night, but I'll keep you updated.
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

Do we know when the next relay will be?
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: Ruykkarraber languages, Izre, Ngama, Areyaxi languages, ???, 2c2ef0
my garbage

she/her
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Üdj wrote: 08 Nov 2022 23:36 Do we know when the next relay will be?
They appear more or less without a plan, whenever someone wants to start one. In the past years we had like one per year almost exactly.
But before thinking of the next relay, shouldn't we just finish this one first? [xP]
Last edited by Iyionaku on 09 Nov 2022 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

Iyionaku wrote: 09 Nov 2022 13:34
Üdj wrote: 08 Nov 2022 23:36 Do we know when the next relay will be?
They appear more or less without a plan, whenever wants to start one. In the past years we had like one per year almost exactly.
But before thinking of the next relay, shouldn't we just finish this one first? [xP]
Of course ─ just wondering.
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: Ruykkarraber languages, Izre, Ngama, Areyaxi languages, ???, 2c2ef0
my garbage

she/her
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Just want to give some u
qwed117 wrote: 08 Nov 2022 01:21

So I've finished translating the Ît-ie text to English, and I'm working on getting it into Hlaitype. At the same time, I'm dealing with a bit of a workload increase. With luck I should be able to finish by Wednesday night, but I'll keep you updated.
So I feel obligated to give this update, since we've technically past a week. The torch is completely translated into Hlaitype as I said earlier (by my definition, this is still Wednesday night, even though it is 4AM PST Thursday), but I still have to make a write up of the grammar, which I won't be able to do tomorrow night (ie Thursday night-early Friday morning), but I should be able to write it, and hopefully finish it on Friday (ie by Saturday midday). Sorry about the delay, my rl lifework ended up piling up, and I'm gonna be pushing it to get everything through. Godspeed and GL
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

The SqwedgePad
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

qwed117 wrote: 10 Nov 2022 12:52 Just want to give some u
qwed117 wrote: 08 Nov 2022 01:21

So I feel obligated to give this update, since we've technically past a week. The torch is completely translated into Hlaitype as I said earlier (by my definition, this is still Wednesday night, even though it is 4AM PST Thursday), but I still have to make a write up of the grammar, which I won't be able to do tomorrow night (ie Thursday night-early Friday morning), but I should be able to write it, and hopefully finish it on Friday (ie by Saturday midday). Sorry about the delay, my rl lifework ended up piling up, and I'm gonna be pushing it to get everything through. Godspeed and GL
[tick] All good. I would've asked tomorrow morning (then it's technically eight days, but I want to make sure that everyone has seven days regardless of possible time zone differences), and if you're already that far, it doesn't make that much of a difference. The idea I had with this "hard time limit" was more that we avoid situations like in past relays, where occasionally people said after three weeks that they'll soon be finished with the translation into English, or even left the CBB for good (that's also why I decided to skip anon, I had no clue how far he was, nor if he'll ever come back).
Mándinrùh
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Mándinrùh »

Can I be pushed forward or back a slot? I'll be with family from the 24th to the 28th, so I won't be able to work on a torch those days.
Creator of Image Atili
My website | My blog
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Mándinrùh wrote: 14 Nov 2022 02:58 Can I be pushed forward or back a slot? I'll be with family from the 24th to the 28th, so I won't be able to work on a torch those days.
Sure! I'll push you two slots behind just to be sure.
qwed117 wrote: 10 Nov 2022 12:52 Sorry about the delay, my rl lifework ended up piling up, and I'm gonna be pushing it to get everything through. Godspeed and GL
Hey Qwed, you should really come to an end now. You said that only the grammar write-up is missing - maybe you can use a very basic version of it to acipencer, so they'll can start at least, and describe more complex structures afterwards or only in acipencer is struggling/having questions.
Could you do that within the next 48 hours, please?
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Iyionaku wrote: 14 Nov 2022 07:59 Hey Qwed, you should really come to an end now. You said that only the grammar write-up is missing - maybe you can use a very basic version of it to acipencer, so they'll can start at least, and describe more complex structures afterwards or only in acipencer is struggling/having questions.
I just ended up sending the torch and grammar to acipencer, right as you wrote that!
Spoiler:

The SqwedgePad
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

qwed117 wrote: 14 Nov 2022 08:02
Iyionaku wrote: 14 Nov 2022 07:59 Hey Qwed, you should really come to an end now. You said that only the grammar write-up is missing - maybe you can use a very basic version of it to acipencer, so they'll can start at least, and describe more complex structures afterwards or only in acipencer is struggling/having questions.
I just ended up sending the torch and grammar to acipencer, right as you wrote that!
As it happens sometimes [:)] sorry for pressing a bit here. I received your torch as well!
Acipencer
sinic
sinic

Post by Acipencer »

Torch Received.
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Iyionaku wrote: 14 Nov 2022 10:31
qwed117 wrote: 14 Nov 2022 08:02
As it happens sometimes [:)] sorry for pressing a bit here. I received your torch as well!
No worries, I didn't feel pressed at all. Just found it funny. Now that I've actually written the grammar, it'll probably make my life easier for future relays.
Spoiler:

The SqwedgePad
Acipencer
sinic
sinic

Post by Acipencer »

Update; I should be finished with the torch by tomorrow.
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Acipencer wrote: 17 Nov 2022 19:27 Update; I should be finished with the torch by tomorrow.
Hey, you're slowly approaching the 7-days limit. But given that you said you're almost done three days ago, I guess that it should just be a matter of the last cleanup, shouldn't it?
Acipencer
sinic
sinic

Post by Acipencer »

I'm very sorry for my delay. My keyboard broke and I have had to finish the grammar with a virtual one. It has slowed me down significantly, but come hell or high water, I will get the torch in tonight.
Acipencer
sinic
sinic

Post by Acipencer »

Torch passed to Titus Flavius. Apologies for the delay.
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Acipencer wrote: 21 Nov 2022 07:45 Torch passed to Titus Flavius. Apologies for the delay.
Received. Oh boy, typing a full grammar with a digital keyboard must have been a nightmare. Props to you for keeping it up and still finishing in time, and good luck with buying a new keyboard!