Post by Johnathan_4 »

Tɐ́lʒrə̬k numbers: tɐbɪts = three
NO MATTER HOW YOU FEEL, GET UP, DRESS UP. SHOW UP, AND NEVER GIVE UP. [:D]
spanick
roman
roman

Re: Lexember 2022

Post by spanick »

I make my annual pilgrimage back to The CBB to partake in the Lexember festivities with the usual suspects as my langauges.

Lexember 1

Weddish
Driweldiehead~Driweudiehead /dɾɪvɛldiːhɛːd/~/dɾɪvɛudiːhɛːd/ cn. "Trinity" Calque of German and Dutch. Literally "three-fold-y-hood. Largely displaced the now obsolescent Drinnês /dɾɪnes/, literall "threeness" which can still be found in some older Bibles, prayerbooks, and especially hymnals.

Yemya
thriya num. /tʰɾijɑ/ "three"

In the Yemya religion of Taivthaism, there are three "orders", the yaśthor, the śvana, and the jauśthor which are collectively known as the pontha triya "three ways".
Last edited by spanick on 04 Dec 2022 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
tokibuni
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by tokibuni »

Lexember 2022 Day 1

If you notice anything off or illogical in my words or examples, feel free to let me know. Also, I'm still doing a lot of work on this conlang, so obviously, everything is subject to change. [;)]

Kuima

Triangle - tlit [tɬit]
Origin: tli (3) + -t (place/direction suffix)
Noun - A triangle, the shape of a triangle, etc.
Verb - Triangulate

Example Sentences:

Please draw a triangle.
dotu wu fläk nukan tlit
FUT IMP:SG draw NOM-2sg triangle
Note: This is meant to be the hortative.

Triangulate their location.
wu tlit anolo flii
IMP:SG triangulate location GEN-3pl
ara vu buni nnovki malasobuni - The moon is bright at night
- Kuima
VaptuantaDoi
roman
roman

Post by VaptuantaDoi »

2st Lexember:

:con: Vissard:
nipe de kepul [ˈnipdəkˈpy] mn. A hat trick; originally only referring to three wickets taken in cricket, later extended to three goals of any kind in sport. Metaphorically, three consecutive instances of success. The whole expression is a calque of the English term; nipe is a deverbal of nipar "trick, fool", from Middle Dutch knîpen, and kepul "hat" derives from Vulgar Latin *kappę́llo, a diminuitive of Late Latin cappa "cloak."
Gébards Auban Bukamps wrote:Por li troppar tris belle es fempes mener, che fut un fort nipe de kepul!"
[pulitruˈpa tri ˈbɛl eˈfɛ̃p əmˈne | əʃˈfyt ͜ ø̃ ˈfo nipdəkˈpy]
for 3SG.TONIC find-INFIN three beautiful FEM.PL wife-PL in.that.manner, INDEF.SUBJ be.PAST a.M.SG.OBL strong.M.SG.OBL trick of hat
"For him to find three beautiful wives like that, it was quite a hat trick."
Cultural note:
Spoiler:
The proximity of Vissey to Britain rather than the rest of Romance Europe has led not only to extensive borrowing from all stages of English since early settlement, but also a great deal of cultural exchange and similarity. While linguistically closer to France, Vissey follows many aspects of British culture and law, such as driving on the left, using imperial measurements, and playing sports such as cricket. This word shows both of these aspects of their contact; it's a calque from modern English, and also an example of a sport imported from Britain which has since become very popular in the country.

:con: Ai:
kúdi [kúɾì] (HL tone) n. Grasshopper. cf. Obokuitai kútì
Kuéd Ahií wrote: Kúdí gu dáa, tid ata i akudde gékúed.
[kúɾíɣù dâː | tìɾ àtà i̯àkùɾdɛ̀ ɡɛ́kúɛ̀ɾ]
kúdì=ɡu daa-´` | tìd àtà i=àkùddɛ̀ ɡɛ-kuɛd-´`
grasshopper=PAT eat-IPFV | wild.pig muscle 1SG=heart CAUS-be.large-IPFV

"Some people eat grasshoppers, but I prefer wild pig meat."
Cultural note:
Spoiler:
The Ai people follow a generally hunter-gatherer society, with foraged sago being a staple food. Living close to the Tariku river, they also eat a lot of fish and other riverfood; they traditionally hunted wild pigs, which are considered the best type of food. Historically they were nomadic without fixed villages, but recently they have settled into three villages each of a few hundred people; they now also raise pigs, and occasionally cultivate sago, taro, corn or sweet potatoes.

:con: Tumbleweed:
yadyirnqwi [ˈjaɟeᶰqʷe] n.I A dance involving three people. (dual rgadhirnqwi, plural rhidhirnqwi)

:fra: Picard:
piot (Variants kiot, tiot, pieut, p’tiot, tchiot) [ˈpjo] a. Small. Vulgar Latin *pittulus or some variant thereof e.g. *pittitus from whence French petit, possibly ultimately related to proto-Celtic *bikkos "small"
Il o rvnu a s'piote moéson.
3M.SG.SUBJ have.PRES.3SG at 3SG.POSS.FEM.SG small.FEM.SG house
"He has returned to his little house."
KarakTea
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by KarakTea »

Building off of the shapes from yesterday:

bóno [ˈbó.nɵ] - n. circle
-> bónom [ˈbó.nɵm] - adj. circular, rounded; without edges; approachable, friendly

gakḗ [gɐˈkéː] - n. square
-> gakḗyem [gɐˈkéː.jɘm] - adj. square; stable, orderly
KarakTea
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by KarakTea »

And another one I just thought of!

zowžábōno fáčeyā [zɵwˈʒáb.ɵːnɵ ˈfát͡ʃ.ɘjɐː] - n. love triangle (LIT. triangle-CNS love-GEN)

The CWS Lexember Day One theme was "Relationships, Marriage," so I had it one the brain.
zyma
korean
korean

Post by zyma »

Day 1

Hannaito (Entry 1):

maqa /maʔa/ [ˈmɑ.ʔɑ]
Numeral:
1. three
Noun:
1. trio, triad, trinity, triumvirate; a set or group of three people, objects, ideas, etc.
2. a performance by a group of three people
3. the digit 3
4. a three-year-old person or animal
5. something that has existed for three years
6. the third year (or hour, day, month, etc.) of a given period or since a given event

Etymology
From Proto-Hannaitoan *mäkaa "three".
Usage notes
Hannaito makes use of three sets of numerals: one native and two borrowed. The native numerals are by far the most commonly used, while the two sets of borrowed numerals are largely restricted to specific contexts. Numerals borrowed from a northwestern Shoic language - likely an early form of Hrusub - are typically used in agricultural settings, especially when counting livestock. The forms of some of these numerals are therefore often altered so that they rhyme with the numerals that come before or after them (see also: Yan tan tethera). These numerals may also be used in poetry to evoke a rural setting, for instance. Most often when speaking about games, numerals borrowed more recently from a western Leran language - likely an early form of Chustre - are used (see also: trey). These numerals may also be used in poetry to evoke a more cosmopolitan setting, for example. However, regardless of what a poet is writing about, they may simply choose whichever set's word for "three" (or any other numeral) fits their rhyme scheme or meter/metre the best, or helps continue or establish a pattern of alliteration.

For comparison, here are the numerals 1-5 in all three sets:
Spoiler:
Native Hannaitoan:
süni, büde, maqa, temë, fuu < Proto-Hannaitoan *suŋi, *buude, *mäkaa, *kämee, *goo
[ˈsɨᵝ.ɲi], [ˈbɯᵝ.de], [ˈmɑ.ʔɑ], [ˈte.mɘ], [ˈɸuː]

Shoic:
houyu, rouyu, nimir, shimir, waq (Rhyming)
[ˈhoː.ju], [ˈɾoː.ju], [ˈɲi.miɾ], [ˈɕi.miɾ], [ˈwɑʔ]
hoi, reyu, nimir, seimir, waq (Non-rhyming)
[ˈhoi̯], [ˈɾe.ju], [ˈɲi.miɾ], [ˈseː.miɾ], [ˈwɑʔ]
< Hrusub hoy, qreyu, ñimr, seimr, vaaq < Proto-Shoic *rroñji, *kleyuho, *ñimbla, *ceŋümrö, *wafaka
[ˈɦɔʝ], [ˈʔɾɛ.ʝu], [ˈɲɪ̃.mɾ̃ə̃], [ɕɛ̃ˈɪ̃.mɾ̃ə̃], [ˈʋaːʔ]

Leran:
ette, yerwe, todo, hize, padzu
[ˈʔet̚.te], [ˈjeɾ.β̞e], [ˈto.do], [ˈçi.ze], [ˈpɑ.d͡zu]
< Old Chustre ecce, jelbe, todo, phise, spadu
[ˈʔɛt̚.t͡se], [ˈʝeɫ.βe], [ˈto.ðo], [ˈɸi.ze], [ˈspa.ðu]
< Classical Leran esce, zylvi, tōdō, quhīsoe, spadū
[ˈʔɛs.kʲɛ], [ˈʑʏɫ.wɪ], [ˈtoː.doː], [ˈkʷʰiː.soi̯], [ˈspa.duː]

Old Visigothic (Entry 1):

thri /θriː/ [ˈθɾiː], [ˈt̪͡θɾiː], [ˈt̪ɾiː]
Numeral:
1. three

Alternative forms
tri, threi, trei, thris, tris, threis, treis
Etymology
Ultimately from Proto-Germanic *þrīz. Compare Biblical Gothic 𐌸𐍂𐌴𐌹𐍃 (þreis) and Crimean Gothic tria.
Usage notes
This is the masculine/feminine nominative/accusative form.

I've just realized that, despite it still being December 1st for me, I'm posting my first entry after VaptuantaDoi's already posted two. [:D] Shoutout to time zones.

This Lexember, I'm using the same a priori language as last year, Hannaito. However, I actually haven't worked on it very much over the past twelve months. There are some noticeable differences, but still no example sentences. Speaking of languages I haven't worked on in a year or so, I decided while putting this post together to try participating with an a posteriori conlang as well. I'll have to return to my Visigothic thread soon.
The user formerly known as "shimobaatar".
(she)
Knox Adjacent
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Knox Adjacent »

Day 1
(wi)-yiŋiw noun/adjective: three
Really feeling a derivational fate for it. Probably pronominal.
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Re: Lexember 2022 - Open to Weekly Theme Suggestions!

Post by Iyionaku »

Lexember 2nd - Yélian

tiprenîyi [tɨpɾəˈniːɕi] - triplet (three kids at once)
Etymology: ti "three" + prenîyi "twin", literally "twin of three"

Còl tao vinquasésce, Sabín yivaseliet îyin. Èpa siy parcas, fecun ilvetani vitaperda, yibratsbocet tiprenîyin!
[kɔ̈l taʊ̯ ˈviŋkɐˌseskə, sɐˈbiːn ɕɨʋɐˈseːlɪ̯ət ˈiːɕɨn | ˈɛpɐ sa̯iː ˈpaɾkɐʃ, ˈɸeːkʉn ɨlˈveːtɐnɨ ˈviːtɐˌpeɾdɐ, ɕɨbɾɐt͡sˈboːkət tɨpɾəˈniːɕɨn]
during 3SG.FEM.POSS life-entire, PROP PST-VOL-receive-3SG child-PL | and before sun, with year-PL-ENUM six-forty, PST-bear-3SG triplet-PL
All her life, Sabine has wanted to have a child. And yesterday, at the age of 46, she gave birth to triplets!
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Week 1 in the LCV:

PART III: Number words

Number words may take various forms depending on the counters that are used with them.
Spoiler:
zero
one (when counting, reciting phone number, etc.)
two (our family has ~ cars)
two (when counting, reciting phone number, etc.)
three
four
five
six (36, 216, 1,296, 7,776, 46,656, 279,936, 1,679,616, 10,077,696, 60,466,176, 362,797,056, 2,176,782,336, 13,060,694,016, 78,364,164,096, 470,184,984,576, 2,821,109,907,456)
seven
eight (64, 512, 4,096, 32,768, 262,144, 2,097,152, 16,777,216, 134,217,728, 1,073,741,824, 8,589,934,592, 68,719,476,736, 549,755,813,888, 4,398,046,511,104)
nine
ten (hundred, thousand, ten thousand, hundred thousand, million, ten million, hundred million, billion, ten billion, hundred billion, trillion)
eleven
twelve (gross, great gross, 20,736, 248,832, 2,985,984, 35,831,808, 429,981,696, 5,159,780,352, 61,917,364,224, 753,008,370,688, 8,916,100,448,256)
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen (256, 4,096, 65,536, 1,048,576, 16,777,216, 268,435,456, 4,294,967,296, 68,719,476,736, 1,099,511,627,776)
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty (400, 8,000, 160,000, 3,200,000, 64,000,000, 1,280,000,000, 25,600,000,000, 512,000,000,000, 10,240,000,000,000)
twenty-one
twenty-four
thirty
thirty-two
thirty-six
forty (1,600, 64,000, 2,560,000, 102,400,000, 4,096,000,000, 163,840,000,000, 6,553,600,000,000)
forty-eight
fifty
fifty-six
sixty (3,600, 216,000, 12,960,000, 777,600,000, 46,656,000,000, 2,799,360,000,000)
seventy
seventy-two
eighty
eighty-four
ninety
ninety-six
hundred
one hundred eight
one hundred twenty
one hundred thirty-two
two hundred
three hundred
four hundred
five hundred
six hundred
seven hundred
eight hundred
nine hundred
thousand
point
first
second
third
fourth
fifth
sixth
seventh
eighth
ninth
tenth
eleventh
twelfth
thirteenth
fourteenth
fifteenth
sixteenth
seventeenth
eighteenth
nineteenth
twentieth, etc.
whole
half
third
quarter, etc.
and (three ~ a half)
number (the ~ one song in the country)
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 89,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Man in Space
roman
roman

Post by Man in Space »

I will be using CT for Lexember this year.

Lexember 1

kagor /kàʕòɹ/ [kàʕòɹ] n. (pl. ahgor /àhʕòɹ/ [àhʕòɹ])
1. furnace
2. (after)burner
3. rocket engine, thruster
Twin Aster megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

CC = Common Caber
CK = Classical Khaya
CT = Classical Ĝare n Tim Ar
Kg = Kgáweq'
PB = Proto-Beheic
PO = Proto-O
PTa = Proto-Taltic
STK = Sisỏk Tlar Kyanà
Tm = Təmattwəspwaypksma
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Got swamped in work, so at 5 AM, I'll just post my Lexember 1st entry:

Lexember 1st: Hlaitype A Priori

röz3 /ɻət͡s˧˩/ - three.

[>_<] borderline embarrassed that I haven't really focused on numbers for HAP (and ooh look it's third tone too)
Last edited by qwed117 on 02 Dec 2022 14:44, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
Johnathan_4
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Johnathan_4 »

Tɐ́lʒrə̬k word: uɹɐ = four
NO MATTER HOW YOU FEEL, GET UP, DRESS UP. SHOW UP, AND NEVER GIVE UP. [:D]
Ælfwine
roman
roman

Post by Ælfwine »

Irish Norse :con:

seóteghande (xsampa: ['So:t_j@G@n_jd_j@])

"seventieth"
My Blog

A-posteriori, alternative history nerd
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

2 Lexember - Éewıyu’ush

won - 1st person singular pronoun
nı’- (num.) - two

Wosh ní’nıı eyóonısh… - If I want two of them…
Last edited by DesEsseintes on 03 Dec 2022 06:06, edited 1 time in total.
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

2nd Lexember

sarzin "buckwheat"

sarzin /sarˈzɪn/ [sɐːˈzɪn]
- (obsolete) Muslim, Saracen, a person who is a follower of Islam;
- (archaic or dialect) non-Christian, pagan, practioner of a religion other than Christianity and especially one performing practices associated with pre-Christian peoples or peoples not yet exposed to Christianity;
- (historical) cairn, a conical heap of stones placed by the pre-Roman Kelt people around Borland or a modern such heap resembling these;
- (historical, by extension) milestone, a pillar or pile of stones placed at the side of a road to mark distance;
- buckwheat, an originally Asian plant whose fruit is widely used in cooking as a pseudocereal

Etymology: in its only surviving modern sense, a clipping of the earlier bla sarzin "Saracen wheat" which is first attested in the fifteenth century, in reference to its eastern origin (the plant having been brought to Europe via the Turkish Riyalid Sultanate or possibly via Russian Cazany).

Likewise, in the senses "cairn, milestone" it is a clipping of pieðr sarzin "Saracen stones", from the perception that these piles of stones were pre-Christian monuments to pagan gods.

The word itself is a borrowing from Old French sarrazin "Muslim, Saracen" reflecting Late Latin Saracēnus and Ancient Greek Σᾰρᾰκηνός (Sarakēnós). These originally referred to an Arabic or para-Arabic people of North Arabia.

Y cociner ença voug cas hojol ne sarzin.
/i ˌko.tsiˈnɛr ɛnˈtsa vuj kaz hoˈʒɔl ne sarˈzɪn/
[i ˌkɔ.dzɪˈnɛːʀ‿ɪnˈdza ˈvuj kaz hʊˈʝɔw ne sɐːˈzɪn]
def cook start-ipf wrong wrt pancake in buckwheat
The cook was terrible at buckwheat pancakes.

---

excerpt from The Delicious Story of Dough and Oil, a work of popular history detailing the history of many related foods across the globe. Published (originally in Mojarick as Tésta Olaivan Vláxerte "A World of Dough in Oil") in 1963 by first-time writer and famed chef Shomoji Taxon, who in his later years would go on to present the first cooking programme shown simultaneously on both sides of the Atlantic.

…see its eastern origins by its names in the languages of Europe—whether in Horther møurick ("Moorish wheat") or Bavarn creshke (originally from a Russian word meaning "Greek"). Nonetheless, sarzin [buckwheat] flour has since its introduction become a key component of diets across the continent.

We turn first to a dish which originated in Vallack communities and spread west upriver as the region was united politically under the Kingdom of the Danaw [Danube] during the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. Even after the kingdom's collapse and the rise of the Riverine Cities in the nineteenth century, farama dry-pottage has remained an important tradition from Pojon [Bratislava] to Gollamo [Ruse].

Farama seems originally to have been associated with wedding anniversaries, as an inexpensive (at least, before the recipe was augmented with unseasonal berries or spices like dallasine [cinnamon]) of celebrating each passing year. Over time the traditions around farama have shifted; in many places the sarzin dish is now served on birthdays.

Along with the area's distinctive hodgel-cakes [in this case, blini], farama enjoyed an explosion in popularity worldwide (usually divorced from its vicine traditions) after their prominent inclusion in the film…
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
let us live in a dirty world
spanick
roman
roman

Post by spanick »

Lexember 2

Weddisch

Estweddisch: drillinng, pl. -es /dɾɪlɪŋː/ "triplet"
Hawannis: driwinng, pl. -es /dɹɪwɪŋː/

Yemya
thratśa /tʰɾɑt͡ɕɑ/ "third"
Last edited by spanick on 04 Dec 2022 14:52, edited 2 times in total.
tokibuni
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by tokibuni »

Lexember 2022 - Day 2

Kuima

Pyramid - polkja [polk.ja]
Noun - A pyramid (building, shape, etc.)
ara vu buni nnovki malasobuni - The moon is bright at night
- Kuima
zyma
korean
korean

Post by zyma »

Day 2

Hannaito (Entry 2):

maqarëudan /maʔaɾɘudan/ [ˈmɑ.ʔɑˌɾʲɪ̈u̯.dãn]
Noun:
1. trimeter/trimetre: a poetic meter/metre in which each line consists of three feet
2. a line of a poem which consists of three metrical feet

Etymology
Literally "three strikes/knocks/beats". From maqa "three" (see Entry 1) + rëu "to hit, to strike; to knock, to tap; to beat" (from Proto-Hannaitoan *ril "to strike, to bump") + the nominalizing suffix -dan (from Proto-Hannaitoan *daalam "load, burden, cargo, bulk").

Old Visigothic (Entry 2):

thri tigiu /θriː tigju/ [ˈθɾiː ˈtiɣ.ju], [ˈt̪͡θɾiː ˈtiɣ.ju], [ˈt̪ɾiː ˈtiɣ.ju]
Noun:
1. thirty (with genitive)

Alternative forms
thris tigius, tri(s) tigiu(s), threi(s) tigiu(s), trei(s) tigiu(s), thri(s) tiu(s), tri(s) tiu(s), threi(s) tiu(s), trei(s) tiu(s), thriti(g), triti(g), threiti(g), treiti(g), thrite(h)und, trite(h)und, threite(h)und, treite(h)und, thriti(h)und, triti(h)und, threiti(h)und, treiti(h)und
Etymology
Ultimately from Proto-Germanic *þrīz tigiwiz. Compare Biblical Gothic 𐌸𐍂𐌴𐌹𐍃 𐍄𐌹𐌲𐌾𐌿𐍃 (þreis tigjus) and Crimean Gothic treithyen.

thria hunda /θrija hunda/ [ˈθɾi.(j)ɑ ˈ(h)un.dɑ], [ˈt̪͡θɾi.(j)ɑ ˈ(h)un.dɑ], [ˈt̪ɾi.(j)ɑ ˈ(h)un.dɑ]
Noun:
1. three hundred (with genitive)

Alternative forms
tria hunda, thria unda, tria unda
Etymology
Ultimately from Proto-Germanic *þrīz + *hundą. Compare Biblical Gothic 𐌸𐍂𐌹𐌾𐌰 𐌷𐌿𐌽𐌳𐌰 (þrija hunda).

I accidentally closed my browser while working on this post. Thankfully, I somehow didn't lose any of my progress.
The user formerly known as "shimobaatar".
(she)
VaptuantaDoi
roman
roman

Post by VaptuantaDoi »

3st Lexember:

:con: Vissard:
triathlon [triaˈtlɔ̃] mn. (Literally) a triathlon (sport where contestants swim, cycle and run distances), or by extension, any three-part sporting fixture; (metaphorically) an arduous or unpleasant task. Borrowed from English triathlon.
Ridonte Poppee Tosints wrote:To le fermeture de rues por le corsu chel fin-de-wiche, troppar de parkache a le chitat fut eun orake triathlon!
[tulfemˈtyr ədˈry pulkoˈry ʃfẽˈdwiʃ | trɔˈpa dpaˈkaʃ alʃiˈta fytœnuˈrak triaˈtlɔ̃]
with the.F.SG closing of road-PL for the.M.SG.OBL race.OBL this.M.SG.OBL weekend, find-INFIN of parking at the.F.SG city be.PAST a.M.SG.OBL true triathlon
"What with the road closures for the race this weekend, finding parking in the city was a real shit show."
Cultural note:
Spoiler:
The race being referred to is undoubtedly one of the many motorsport events held in Vissey. Similarly to the Isle of Man, Vissey is a popular location for car and bike racing, with lots of good-quality and challenging roads which can easily be converted into circuits. It's also an important part of Vissard culture - speed limits and traffic lights were only introduced in the 1980s, and even then only in urban areas. In the countryside, no speed limits are in place, although drivers can still get fined or arrested for dangerous driving.

:con: Ai:
kááda [káːɾà] (HL tone) n. Cockroach. Compare Obokuitai kadada, Kirikiri iraû.
Ahid Kuéid wrote: Te ái hi kai id kai toi daa baid huedia, káádá kai kóó kái gu daa.
[tɛ̀ ái̯ hìkài̯ ìɾkài̯ tɔ̀i̯ɾàː ɓài̯ɾ ɸu̯ɛ̀ɾi̯à | káːɾákài̯ kɔ́ːkái̯ɣù dàː]
teH AiH hiL=kai̯ idL=kai tɔi̯~daa-L bai̯dL huediaL | kaadaHL=kai kooHL=kai=ɡu daa-L
person Ai=TOP sago=and pig=and hold~eat-IPFV.COMPL NEG long.ago | cockroach=and millipede=and=PAT eat-IPFV.COMPL

"A long time ago, the Ai didn't have sago and pigs to eat, so they ate cockroaches and millipedes instead."
Cultural note:
Spoiler:
Although Ai eating habits seem indiscriminate to foreigners, there are clear boundaries which are not crossed. An Ai speaker would be willing to eat grasshoppers, snakes, or moths, but he would consider eating insects with hard shells, like any beetles or millipedes, disgusting. This speaker is exaggerating when he's referring to eating practices before the Ai settled into villages, as sago at least occurs naturally and has done so for centuries.

:con: Tumbleweed:
ghaglirirniyi [ˈɰɑɡ͡ʟeˌɻiɴeje] n.IV Naturally occurring petroleum, tar etc. (dual rwaglirirniyi, plural rwiglirirniyi)

:fra: Picard:
liméro [limeˈro] n. Number. Dissimilated from French numéro, a borrowing of Italian numero, itself a borrowing of Latin numerus.
Min frere il o écrit in grind liméro sus l'terre.
1SG.TONIC brother 3SG.SUBJ have.3SG.PRESS write.P.PPL a.M.SG big.M.SG number on the earth
"My brother wrote a big number on the ground."