tokibuni
rupestrian
rupestrian

Re: Lexember 2022

Post by tokibuni »

Lexember 2022 - Day 6

Kuima

Share - ttifi [ʈi.fi]
V: Split something of one's own with another. Reveal mental states or decisions to another (thoughts, emotions, decisions, etc.).

A few derivations that I also did:
Spoiler:

Crowd - llinnlli [ɭiɳ.ɭi]
N: A group of people
Note: I'm still working out this version of reduplication for derivation, so this might change overtime. Comes from llin, person.

Majority - ovlis [o.vlis]
Origin: o- (agentive) + many
N: Majority

Minority - odak [o.dak]
Origin: o- (agentive) + few
N: Minority

Research Institute - alkimit [al.ki.mit]
Origin: Science + -t (place)
N: A large place or organization that conducts scientific experiments.
Example Sentence

I should share my carrot with the horse.
uf ttifi nutäs tak flitäs knot vu äitli
OBLI share NOM-1SG carrot GEN-1SG with DEF horse
Note: OBLI = Obligative mood. I'm still debating if I should use the Dative for the "with" clause here.
ara vu buni nnovki malasobuni - The moon is bright at night
- Kuima
Johnathan_4
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Johnathan_4 »

Types of People: Lexember 6

Tɐ́lʒrə̬k word: tɐk̤ (breathy voiced k hence the two dots on the bottom of the k) = Wizard
NO MATTER HOW YOU FEEL, GET UP, DRESS UP. SHOW UP, AND NEVER GIVE UP. [:D]
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Lexember 7 - Yélian

fecoveta [ɸəkɔ̈ˈʋeːtɐ] - to include, engage so. (in a conversation, to an activity)
Etymology: extension in meaning of an existing word; fecoveta "to bring along"

Ianrarpouzifefecovetan a'sarevor. Bét æ'cudvalaséfiret vat o'cundes.
NEC-absolutely-too-here-include-JUS.1PLIN DEF.ANIM-boss | have-3SG DEF.CONC=overview-good.COMP DEM DEF. GEN=topic
We will absolutely have to include the boss here. He has a better overview on this topic.
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Knox Adjacent
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Knox Adjacent »

Day 6
n̪a-pilici n. transgender person
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Lexember 6
rut1 - type, kinda, sort, species, group
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
VaptuantaDoi
roman
roman

Post by VaptuantaDoi »

7isme Lexembe:

:con: Vissard:
kute [ˈkyt] mn. Flock (of sheep); (metaphorically) a crowd, a group of people. Old Vissard kude "flock of sheep", borrowed from Middle Dutch kudde "herd (of cows)", from proto-Germanic *kudją
Donstans Kédeman Dude to Chirchetosints wrote:I fut elar me biner a le soril, mas lif fut eun énorme kute de toristes.
[ifytəˈla mbiˈne aluˈri | mɛliˈfy tœnenomˈkyt ədtuˈriːt]
1SG.SUBJ be.PAST.SG go.INFIN 1SG.REFL bathe-INFIN at the.M.O.SG sun | but there be.PAST.SG a.M.O.SG enormous.M.O.SG flock of tourist.O.PL
"I was going to go sunbathing at the beach, but there was a huge flock of tourists."
Cultural note:
Spoiler:
One of Vissey's oldest industires is wool; shepherds (kintards) have been raising sheep primarily for wool since pre-Roman times. As a protection against the cold winters, shepherds' wives traditionally wove tweed (jutate¹) to make cloaks (kitiches²) for their husbands. Later this was mechanised during the Industrial Revolution and became a popular export.

¹ From Middle Vissard uitate, wiutate, Old Vissard wiltate, feminine past participle of the unattested verb *wiltar "roll", borrowed from Old Enlgish wieltan.
² A variant of teskit "knitted", from the verb tiskir, ultimately from TEXERE "to weave", with the conjugation based on a metathesised form of the perfect TEXUĪ.

:con: Ai:
úyída [úɨ́ɾà] (HL tone) n. Gossip, talk, chatter. Cognate to Papasena ˈwiɡ̚ya "chitchat".
Táyi Agáyu wrote:Úyída díi byí sá bó bó a tayi té!
[úɨ́ɾà dîː ɓɨ́ sá ɓɔ́ ɓɔ́ àtàɨ̯ tɛ́]
uyidaHL dii-HL byiH saH bɔH bɔHL a~tayi-HL tɛH
gossip make-IPFV PROHIB then firewood DOWN go~cut-IPFV IMPER

"Stop gossiping and get back to cutting wood!"
Cultural note:
Spoiler:
Like many hunter-gatherer societies, one of the Ai's most popular passtimes is talking – which can mean either simply gossip or recounting real or legendary stories. Storytelling is considered a more male activity, while all people participate in gossip.

:con: Tumbleweed
yarraga [ˈjɑʁɐɡɐ] n.I Sex, gender (of humans)
dlhirraga [ˈd̻͡l̻iʁɐɡɐ] n.II Sex, gender (of animals)
dnarraga [ˈɖ͡ɳɑʁɐɡɐ] n.III Gender (referring to the four-way noun class distinction in Tumbleweed)
gharraga [ˈɰɑʁɐɡɐ] n.IV Size, fatness, weight.
Rgwintyilyintyirngwidiyintyili rgarnganhalarnwa gharragangadlya, dinhargarnganhalarnwa yarragangadlya!
[ˈɢʷiᶮceˌʎiᶮceˌᶰɢʷiɖeˌjeᶮceɭe ˈɢɑᶰɢɐˌn̻ɑɭɐɴʷɐ ˈˈɰɑʁɐˌɡɑŋɐɟ͡ʎɐ | ˌɖin̻ɐˈɢɑᶰɢɐˌn̻ɑɭɐɴʷɐ ˈˈjɑʁɐˌɡɑŋɐɟ͡ʎɐ]
rgwintyilyi-NTHVrngwV-dVRHV-NTHV-lV rga-rngVNHV-lVrnwV gha-rraga-ngVDLYV, diNHa=rga-rngVNHV-lVrnwV ya-rraga-ngVDLYV!
think-CLOSE.PAST-DISCONT-1SG.A-3.I.SG.O ask-FAR.PAST-3.I.SG.S CLASS.IV-gender-OBL GEN 1SG-OBL, ONLY=ask-FAR.PAST-3.I.SG.S CLASS.I-gender-OBL

"I had thought that he had asked me my weight, but he had only asked me my gender."
Note the use of the discontinuous aspect; this is inherrent in English ("I had though that..." implies "...but I was wrong"), but it's morphologically marked with -diyi- in Tumbleweed.

:fra: Picard:
acouter [akuˈte] v. Listen. Old Northern French ascolter (francien Old French escolter), from Vulgar Latin *ASCULTĀRE (showing the same pretonic AU → *A shift as *AGUSTUS) from Latin AUSCULTĀRE "listen."
I feut k'os acoutonche à nos finmes.
3MSG.SUBJ be.necessary.PRES.3SG REL=1/2.PL.SUBJ listen-1PL.SUBJ to 1PL.POSS woman.PL
"It's necessary that we listen to our wives."
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Day 7

Hannaito (Entry 7):

pihar /pihar/ [ˈpi.ɦɑɾ]
Noun:
1. human, human being (esp. an adult)
2. person, individual (esp. an adult)
3. (art) a depiction of a person; a human or humanoid figure
4. a humanoid or anthropomorphized entity, often a god or other mythological figure
5. mankind, humankind, humanity; people in general or as a whole

Etymology
From Proto-Hannaitoan *piigaad "body, form, shape; flesh, corpse; person, human".
Usage notes
pihar is a gender-neutral term. It can be used to refer to someone (real or hypothetical) whose gender is unknown or unimportant to the speaker or writer, or to purposefully avoid specifying gender when speaking or writing to or about someone.

Old Visigothic (Entry 7):

chinden /kindin/ [ˈkin.din]
Noun:
1. king, prince
2. governor, ruler
3. leader, commander, chief
4. lord, master
5. (rare) emperor

Alternative forms
chindens, cinden(s), chindin(s), cindin(s)
Etymology
Likely related to chind "kind, type, sort, gender; creature, being; generation, kin; nature, disposition", ultimately from Proto-Germanic *kinþiz. Compare Biblical Gothic 𐌺𐌹𐌽𐌳𐌹𐌽𐍃 (kindins) and (possibly) Burgundian hendinos.
Usage notes
Other terms for people in positions of power include theudan "king, prince, ruler, leader, chief, lord" (< PGmc. *þeudanaz), ceisar "emperor; Caesar" (< PGmc. *kaisaraz), froia "lord, master, ruler; husband; God, the Lord" (< PGmc. *frawjô), froinund "ruler, governor, commander, master" (compare Biblical Gothic 𐍆𐍂𐌰𐌿𐌾𐌹𐌽𐍉𐌽𐌳𐍃 (fraujinōnds)), ric "king, lord, ruler" (< PGmc. *rīks), and ragini "advisor, counselor, trustee, judge, governor, ruler" (compare Biblical Gothic 𐍂𐌰𐌲𐌹𐌽𐌴𐌹𐍃 (ragineis).

In calques of Koine Greek terms, such as fiduragini "tetrarch" (compare Biblical Gothic 𐍆𐌹𐌳𐌿𐍂𐍂𐌰𐌲𐌹𐌽𐌾𐌰 (fidurraginja)), ragini often corresponds to the suffix -άρχης (-árkhēs). fadh "commander, master, ruler, chief, lord, prince; husband" (< PGmc. *fadiz) seems to occur exclusively as a suffix/the second element of a compound, mostly in words for military leaders or local, community-level authority figures. ric, on the other hand, is attested on its own despite also appearing in a good number of compounds, including masculine given names such as Alaric, Euuaric, Geisaric, Hilparic, Hilderic, Rudheric, Uuiteric, and Theudaric.
KarakTea
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by KarakTea »

Sorry for missing so much Lexember here on CBB! I am putting my focus onto CWS, as there is a new theme everyday. I will likely do one or two entries here for every theme.

Shadzire

Going to do some kinship terms, so here are the ones I have already:

pápa [ˈpá.pɐ] - n. father
mómo [ˈmó.mɵ] - n. mother
edém [ɘˈdém] - n. brother
yága [ˈjá.gɐ] - n. sister

And now some new ones:

papá [pɐˈpá] - n. grandfather
mani [mɐˈní] - n. grandmother
mezáf [mɘˈzáf] - n. uncle, aunt, parent's sibling (either side)
ámō [ˈá.mɵː] - n. maternal aunt
mā́da [ˈmáː.dɐ] - n. maternal uncle
ábā [ˈá.bɐː] - n. paternal aunt
dedé [dɘˈdé] - n. paternal uncle
gine [ˈgí.nɘ] - n. cousin (either side)
yōzumo [jɵːˈzú.mɵ] - n. m. aunt's children
junod [ˈd͡zú.nɵd] - n. m. uncle's children
yōzuba [jɵːˈzú.bɐ] - n. p. aunt's children
šōduč [ʃɵːˈdút͡ʃ] - n. p. uncle's children
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

7th Lexember

garaf "grip"

garaf /gaˈraf/ [gɐˈʀaf]
- grip, friction, purchase, the state of being able to hold onto something without slipping;
- handhold, foothold, handle, part of a surface which allows one to hold on so as not to be moved;
- help, assistance, encouragement, physical or emotional aid from somebody that enables one not to fail;
- mastery, understanding, competence, the state of having learnt everything about something so that one can act with confidence in that domain

Etymology: from Middle Boral garaf "grip, handle", a borrowing from Portingale garafa "handle", of indeterminate origin. Either an alteration of earlier grafio, garfio "hook", from Latin graphium "stylus, pen", or else borrowed from Andalus Arabic جَارْفَا‎ (gárfá) "handful, claw".

Cant scandr jo care garaf idone.
/kant ˈxandr̩ ʒo kaˈre gaˈraf ˌi.doˈne/
[kan ˈxan.dɐ ʝo kɐˈʀe gɐˈʀaf ˌi.dʊˈne]
as go.up-inf 1s seek-ipf grip apt
As I climbed I looked for convenient handholds.
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
let us live in a dirty world
tokibuni
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by tokibuni »

Lexember 2022 - Day 7

Kuima

Shelter - ssatt [ʂaʈ]
N: A place to secure oneself against the exterior conditions.

Example sentence

I hid in the shelter while it rained.
kais ttur nutäs malavu ssatt
RAIN-PFV hide NOM-1SG LOC-DEF shelter
- Kuima
spanick
roman
roman

Post by spanick »

Lexember 6

Weddisch

Estweddisch: tschórl /d͡ʒœɾl/ cn. pl. -es “Fellow, chum, man (of equal social standing), friend, guy, freeman (obsolete)”. Cognate to English churl and German Kerl.

Hawannis: tschor /d͡ʒɔː/ cn. pl. -wes

Yemya
vatśasthar /ʋɑt͡ɕɑstʰɑɾ/ “astrology, astronomy” Formed from vatśa “knowledge” and asthar “star”. The Yemya developed a somewhat unique astrological tradition built upon influence of Chinese astrology, Indian astrology, and Hellenistic astrology.

Lexember 7

Weddisch

Estweddisch: wyvly /ⱱɛɪvliː/ adj. “female, feminine (grammar)”

Hawannis: wiivli /viːvli/ adj. “female, feminine (grammar)”

Yemya
śeltha /ɕeltʰɑ/ n. “planet” shortening of asthar śeltha literally “moving star” and as in Ancient Greek and pre-modern astronomy, this was applied to all astronomical bodies that moved relative to the fixed stars. This would have included the two laukha “lights” sośva “the Sun” and mena “the Moon.”
Last edited by spanick on 08 Dec 2022 20:40, edited 2 times in total.
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Lexember 8 - Yélian

leal [ˈleːɐl] - pension, retirement payments
Etymology: colloquial short form of celitleal "pension"; itself derived from celitlea "to pay back, return money" + nominalizer -l

USAGE NOTES: On an official document, you'd always see the long term celitleal, but in colloquial language, the shortening leal has become the de-facto standard.
Like all words referring to money, it's in the inanimate class, as opposed to the conceptual class. This is despite it not being a touchable object.

Quatpiyta palanyeʻalocan cîyvalpérunʻi pi romutreinʻi u'leal bar acad, pariút alargotan o'siyteplatal yalénbocʻi.
[kɐˈpa̯iːtɐ ˈpaːlɐnˌʃeːʔɐˌloːkɐn ˌkiɕvɐlˈpeːɾʉnʔi pi ɾɔ̈mʉˈtɾɛɪ̯nʔi ʉˈleː.ɐl bad̟ ˈaːkɐd, pɐˈɾɪ̯uːt ˈaːlɐɾˌgoːtɐn ɔ̈sa̯iːtəˈplaːtɐl ʃɐˌleːɱˈbokʔi]
nowadays people.PL-young-many-PL not_anymore-expect-3PL that FUT-enough-receive-3PL DEF.INAN=pension from state, therefore model-new-PL DEF.GEN=preventive_measure much-popular-become-3PL
Nowadays a lot of young people don't expect to get a high pension from the state anymore. Therefore, new methods for pension plans become popular.

New word for the example sentence:

quatpiyta [kɐˈpa̯iːtɐ] - nowadays
Extension in meaning of quatpiyta "by now; since then; meanwhile"

siyteplatal [sa̯iːtəˈplaːtɐl] - preventative measure
Etymology: from siyteplata "to take preventative measures" + nominalizer -l

alén [ɐˈleːn] - popular
Etymology: cross-derived from a root *hln, cognates include len "beautiful", uleo "person", or alan "picture", perhaps even yéliun "moon" and from there the language endonym Yélian.
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

8th Lexember
ploghar "process"

ploghar /plɔˈjar/ [plʊˈʝɑː]
- till, cultivate, plough, to prepare (ground) for the growing of crops;
- process, render, work on, to apply a given process to;
- alter, synthesise, convert, to cause to undergo a process so as to turn a material into something else

Etymology: from Old Boral ploȝar "to till, plough" and now-obsolete noun plouȝ "plough", both originally in western dialects and borrowed from Old English plōg "land for ploughing, (later) plough". In its latter senses it is a metaphorical extension from the agricultural use, seen from the fifteenth century.

Nell'oc molin jo ploug jonc vars haidy.
/nɛˈlɔk moˈlɪn ʒo pluj ʒɔnk varz heˈdi/
[nɪˈlɔ mʊˈlɪn ʝo pluj ʝɔŋk vɑːz hɪˈdi]
in-def-s.px mill 1s till cane to rum
In this factory I process cane into rum.
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
let us live in a dirty world
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Day 8

Hannaito (Entry 8):

furen /huren/ [ˈɸu.ɾẽn]
Noun:
1. mother
2. maternal aunt
3. paternal aunt
4. (rare) a sister or cousin (fem.) who is significantly older than oneself

Etymology
From Proto-Hannaitoan *huräm "mother; aunt".
The similarity between the final syllables of furen "mother; aunt", süren "father; uncle" (< PH *suuren), and jiren "parent; parent's sibling" (< PH *giiräŋ) in Hannaito is coincidental, but many speakers nevertheless believe the words to be etymologically related.
Usage notes
Regarding Sense 4, "significantly older" generally means a difference in age of at least 13 years. In other words, if someone has a sister or cousin (fem.) who was already old enough to no longer be considered a child (see Entry 5) at the time of their birth, that person may refer to her the same way they refer to their mother and aunts. However, it's not incredibly common for there to be such a large age gap between siblings and/or cousins, and even when there is, Sense 4 is still rarely used.

Terms specifically meaning "maternal aunt" and "paternal aunt" have been borrowed relatively recently from other languages. These may be used in situations where speakers want to avoid the potential ambiguity of furen without having to give a longer description of whomever they have in mind, as well as for stylistic purposes in poetry and literature.

Old Visigothic (Entry 8):

leugan /ˈleu̯gaːn/ [ˈleu̯.ɣɑ(ː)n] (past participle leugeth /ˈleu̯gɛːd/ [ˈleu̯.ɣɛ(ː)θ])
Verb (Weak Class 3):
1. to marry, to get married to
2. to get married, to wed
3. to arrange the marriage of
4. to perform or officiate the marriage of

Alternative forms
liugan, leuga, liuga
Etymology
Ultimately from Proto-Germanic *leugāną. Compare Biblical Gothic 𐌻𐌹𐌿𐌲𐌰𐌽 (liugān).
Related terms
Other words with some connection to marriage include unquienith "not having a wife" (compare Biblical Gothic 𐌿𐌽𐌵𐌴𐌽𐌹𐌸𐍃 (unqēniþs)), afstas "divorce; apostasy" (compare Biblical Gothic 𐌰𐍆𐍃𐍄𐌰𐍃𐍃 (afstass)), uuidu "widow" (< PGmc. *widuwǭ), frageft "gift, present; engagement, betrothal" (compare Biblical Gothic 𐍆𐍂𐌰𐌲𐌹𐍆𐍄𐍃 (fragifts)), marth "marriage" (compare Crimean Gothic marzus), hiufroia "husband" (compare Biblical Gothic 𐌷𐌴𐌹𐍅𐌰𐍆𐍂𐌰𐌿𐌾𐌰 (heiwafrauja)), brudh "bride; daughter-in-law" (< PGmc. *brūdiz), and snusa "bride; daughter-in-law" (< PGmc. *snuzō).

leugan /ˈleu̯gan/ [ˈleu̯.ɣɑn] (past participle lugan /ˈlugan/ [ˈlu.ɣɑn])
Verb (Strong Class 2):
1. to lie, to tell lies, to intentionally give false information
2. to be misleading, to convey an incorrect impression
3. to deceive, to trick, to mislead
4. to err, to make a mistake, to be wrong, to unintentionally give false information

Alternative forms
liugan, leuga, liuga
Etymology
Ultimately from Proto-Germanic *leuganą. Compare Biblical Gothic 𐌻𐌹𐌿𐌲𐌰𐌽 (liugan).
Knox Adjacent
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Knox Adjacent »

Day 7
ma?-n̪ipilpinim n. employer
A very blah work-give-er
Last edited by Knox Adjacent on 11 Dec 2022 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
spanick
roman
roman

Post by spanick »

Lexember 8

Weddisch

Estweddisch: ruin /ɾœʏn/ nn. pl. “mystery, secret”

Hawannis: irüün /ɪɹyːn/ nn. pl. -es

Yemya

seśthor /seɕtʰoɾ/ “Mercury” literally “following [the Sun]”
śukhra /ɕukʰɾɑ/ “Venus” literally “bright”
rudra /ɾudɾɑ/ “Mars” literally “red”
photś /pʰot͡ɕ/ “Jupiter” literally “master, ruler, lord”
śyava /ɕjɑʋɑ/ “Saturn” literally “dim”
tokibuni
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by tokibuni »

Lexember 2022 - Day 8

Kuima

Protect - tlito [tɬi.to]
V: Keep something safe, whether it be physical, emotional, etc.

Against/From - äsu [æ.ʃu]
Preposition: Still working out the exact semantic details.

Example sentence

We had to protect the worms from the birds while we were fishing.
is uf tlito nui vu iu jals äsu vu iu sifa flump dofa vam nui
PFV OBL protect NOM-1PL DEF PL worm against DEF PL bird while IMPFV-PST fish NOM-1PL
- Kuima
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Had a final on the seventh (went rough)

Lexember 7
mier3 - sweetness, sweet, dulcor

Lexember 8
khwön1 - bitterness, pungency, especially of otherwise sweet things, eg. orange rinds.
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

Thank you for commenting, shimobaatar! Like others have mentioned, it is appreciated!
shimobaatar wrote: 04 Dec 2022 16:24 DesEsseintes:
DesEsseintes wrote: 02 Dec 2022 17:25 won - 1st person singular pronoun
nı’- (num.) - two

Wosh ní’nıı eyóonısh… - If I want two of them…
I assume that "wosh" in the example is a form of the pronoun "won"?
Correct! The topic marker is -sh and attached to most consonant-final words with a linking vowel, in the case of the first person pronoun yielding wonosh. The reduced form wosh has almost entirely supplanted it though.
DesEsseintes wrote: 03 Dec 2022 17:50 -nun/-nın - indefinite non-specific singular marker (the vowel sometimes harmonises with the vowel in the preceding syllable)
yó’e (n.) (n.) - fish

Yo’énın eyóote. - I want a fish. (i.e. one non-specific fish; not one I already have in mind)
When does vowel harmony with this suffix take place, if you've decided?

Also, does a sentence like "Yo’énın eyóote" have any inherent implications baked in regarding why the speaker wants something? Would it be the same whether they want to eat the fish or keep it as a pet?
Vowel harmony applies when the ending attached to a vowel-final stem. When it attached to a consonant-final word an epenthetic vowel is inserted and there is no vowel harmony

As for the second question, again your keen intuition is on point. The animacy of the fish can be indicated by the use of an appropriate classifier. This sentence happens not to have one though. Interestingly, if a classifier is used to disambiguate, the -nun ending attaches to the classifier.

Kinda forgot about Lexember. Might take part next week with Chhuowota.
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Lexember 9 - Yélian

yarciys [ˈʃaɾka̯iːs] - citizen (unspecific), townsfolk, resident. Also (military jargon:) member of the armed forces
acadyarciys [ˌaːkɐdˈʃaɾka̯iːs] - citizen (of a state)
acadyarcafi [ˌaːkɐdʃɐˈɾaːɸi] - citizenship

Etymology I: from yarca "to belong to, be a member of" + nominalizer -iys, originally with a meaning of "warrior". This is a relic of the former military past of the Kingdom of Shelliania, which required all male citizens to be ready for war at all times. Being a soldier was synonymous to being a citizen of a city or the kingdom.

Etymology II: from acad "state" + yarciys
Etymology III: from acadyarc- + the rare nominalizer -afi.

USAGE NOTES: To specify that you are indeed a member of the armed forces, it's become common to add "of the army"; "of the marine" etc.

Liyd miatbei yarciys on'Uzad Yélian, ropuyepavibernasreyu acadyarciys. Raudésianvinquas roc ilvatani fúria væ Braveyélian èpa iansavérpalas æ'Yélian fecun giymnanarfairat desiý rotyaperséi æn'acadyarcafi.
[la̯iːd ˈmɪ̯atbɛɪ̯ ˈʃaɾka̯iːs ɔ̈nˈuːɟɐd ˈʃeːlɨ̯ɐn, ɾɔ̈ˌpuːʃəpaʋɨˌbeɾnɐsˈreːʃu ˌaːkɐdˈʃaɾka̯iːs. ɾaʊ̯ˌdeːsɪ̯ɐnˈviŋkɐʃ ɾɔ̈k ɨlˈvaːtɐni ˈɸuːɾɪ̯ɐ və ˌbɾaːʋəˈʃeːlɪ̯ɐn ˈɛpɐ ɪ̯ɐnsɐˌʋeːɾˈpaːlɐʃ əˈʃeːlɪ̯ɐn ˈɸeːkʉn ˈga̯iːmnɐnɐˈɾaɪ̯ɾɐ‿dəˈsa̯iː ɾɔ̈t͡ʃɐpəɾˈsɛɪ̯ əˌnaːkɐdʃɐɾˈkaːɸi]
because only-COP.2SG citizen DEF.GEN=city Yélian, FUT-not_yet-automatic-make-INV.2SG citizen | FUT-already-NEC-live-JUS.2SG for_time year-PL-ENUM ten in kingdom_yélian and NEC-possible-speak-JUS.2SG DEF.CONC=Yélian with level-mid before FUT-POT-apply-2SG DEF.CONC=citizenship
Just because you are a citizen of Shellian City does not make you a citizen of the state by default. You have to have lived in Shelliania for ten years and be able to speak Shellian on a mid-level before you can apply for citizenship.

New words for the example sentence:

narfairat [nɐɾˈaɪ̯ɾɐt] - mid-level (classifer for nouns)
narfái [nɐˈɾaɪ̯] mid-; medium (classifier for verbs)

Etymology: nar "almost" + fai/fairat "good"; lexicalized from "almost good"

persea [pəɾˈseː.ɐ] - to apply for, request for
Etymology: per- "ingressive" + selia "to get"; the latter word became dissimilated with time.