Ahusacos, A Fictional Creole

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
LWFlouisa
rupestrian
rupestrian

Ahusacos, A Fictional Creole

Post by LWFlouisa »

The bulk of when the creole / pidgin developed in North America between 2045-2085 A.D. There are three versions of the dialect that evolved into a full language: Early Ahusacos, Middle Ahusacos, and Modern Ahusacos.

As a side by side comparison:
Spoiler:
Standard Consonance: B C D F G H J K L M N P Q R S T V W X Z

Great Consonant Shift: B C G K M P Q T V W Z
Double Consonants: D H S
Semi-Vowels: Xy ( in practice, one vowel after x except before y. )
The main difference from French is consonance: "Pahe" instead of "Parle". I'm not one hundred percent sure at the moment how software I wrote that tracks vowel and consonant shifts will effect Japanese loan words at the moment.

Also there are 12 word genders: 4 sets of 3 word genders. There are also three main forms of negation: Ni. Ne, Nix.

But one functionality I have may end up the most confusing: Plural Pronouns. Although these went out of fashion after 2085 A.D.
Spoiler:
Nousil - He plural
Nousils - Him plural ( perjorative )
Nouselle - She plural
Nouselles - Her plural ( perjorative )
These came about do to a need to navigate troops quickly.

What I actually found was with this linguistic shift software I wrote, loan words from one loan word group changed more than words from another loan word group.
Omzinesý
mongolian
mongolian

Re: Ahusacos, A Fictional Creole

Post by Omzinesý »

What is the social context of the creale? Who speaks it?
What are the languages most words come from?
It looks like it has gone far from the pidgin stage if it has genders and such.
My meta-thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5760
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

Do you have the IPA values of the sounds?
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
LWFlouisa
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by LWFlouisa »

In this science fiction universe, this language is primarily spoken by the newly independent between the US once controlled by the Imperial Japanese army, and to the East by the Imperial French army. ( It's an alternate history setting after 2085 A.D. )

Most of the words are derived from French, but with some loan words from Japanese, some Korean, and particularly Alsatian German. A spoken dialect that is extinct in Germany proper, but is being revived in Alsace-Lorraine. In fact one of the inspiration for the language, is the social context of the Franco-Prussian wars.

And yea I'm really sure what you'd call a French dialect that's evolved past the Pidgen. I'm going to guess at this point it's more of a Creole language.

I'm still learning how IPA values work at the moment, but I certainly plan to implement them.

Ah before I forget, I also created a Solfege and counting system:

Counting ( an abbreviated method of counting distinct from English or Francais. )
Spoiler:
one [ ɔŋə ]
two [ t̬wɔ ]
tre [ tɹəɪ ]
fro [ fɹɔ ]
six [ ʃɪx ]
sev [ ʃəʌ ]
eit [ wɪt ]
I am thinking of using the Japanese system rather than the French one, and I found the former...hard to follow?

Solfege ( a method of learning to sing in certain notes )
Spoiler:
Ne [ ŋə ]
Wo [ wɔ ]
Re [ ɹə ]
Ro [ ɹɔ ]
Vi [ ʌɪ ]
Xi [ xɪ ]
Ve [ ʌe ]
And yes, I'm considering a form of pop music, but not sure what form it will take. I might flesh that out in conworlds.