What did you accomplish today? [2011–2019]

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Sḿtuval
greek
greek

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by Sḿtuval »

Sḿtuval wrote:I've continued work on a language distantly related to Kauzasian. Here's a sample:

kotiiro tia ha
fight-IND.HAB.PRS 1SG.NOM 3SG.ACC
/ko.'tʃi.ro tʃa ʁa/
I (usually) fight him/her.

There's a lot of palatalization in Proto-Matlapogiogân. Now hopefully it's developed enough to make a daughterlang spoken around Kauzasian's time. This is the Kauzasian translation:

kozau ka ṭa
fight-IND.HAB.NPST 3SG.ABS 1SG.ERG
/'ko.zaw ka ʈa/

This one's nominative-accusative, whereas Kauzasian is ergative-absolutive. This is because the common proto-lang was tripartite.
Here's the Abeupodian translation. Abeupodian is a daughterlang of Proto-Matlapogiogân.

gôtêdio tia gia

It's pretty much the same gloss as its predecessor, but here you see some sound changes (even though I never posted how the sentence sounds and I'm too lazy to do it now [:P]).
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.
felipesnark
sinic
sinic

Post by felipesnark »

shimobaatar wrote:I'd say I like the ideas behind both options (making a new root vs. fusing something to a copula) equally, but I definitely prefer the word zembanu, if that helps the decision at all…
Haha, I always enjoy getting feedback! If I pick a new root, I'd probably make it regular. The copula banu is irregular, so I think zembanu would be similarly irregular. At the moment I'm working on possible irregular verbs.
Sḿtuval wrote:
Sḿtuval wrote:I've continued work on a language distantly related to Kauzasian. Here's a sample:

kotiiro tia ha
/ko.'tʃi.ro tʃa ʁa/

There's a lot of palatalization in Proto-Matlapogiogân. Now hopefully it's developed enough to make a daughterlang spoken around Kauzasian's time. This is the Kauzasian translation:

kozau ka ṭa
fight-IND.HAB.NPST 3SG.ABS 1SG.ERG
/'ko.zaw ka ʈa/

This one's nominative-accusative, whereas Kauzasian is ergative-absolutive. This is because the common proto-lang was tripartite.
Here's the Abeupodian translation. Abeupodian is a daughterlang of Proto-Matlapogiogân.

gôtêdio tia gia

It's pretty much the same gloss as its predecessor, but here you see some sound changes (even though I never posted how the sentence sounds and I'm too lazy to do it now [:P]).
Looking good! [+1]
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

@Sḿtuval and felipesnark: Very cool, as always, you guys! [:D]
Sḿtuval
greek
greek

Post by Sḿtuval »

What very few sound changes I have for Abeupodian have been slightly changed, so all the Abeupodian translations in this thread are slightly incorrect.
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

My conlanging today was basically finding out that working semantic drift gets quite tedious after a while.
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
J_from_Holland
sinic
sinic

Post by J_from_Holland »

Last few weeks Bløjhvåtterskyll has been improved greatly.

* Translation of the game Minecraft to Bløjhvåtterskyll (still work in progress) required the addition of probably more than hundred words. Minecraft in Bløjhvåtterskyll is downloadable on this page. So, if you're interested, here's a download. If posting this isn't allowed here, sorry for that.
* My pronunciation is pretty good I think, and I could even do some kind of little video without having to use the Bløjhvåtterskyll dictionary file on my computer. (or probably a few times, but not too much). However, telling complex things requires a pre-translated text.
* some grammatical additions: nouns ending on -in, -on, -an and -vy declinate different than normal nouns.
* present perfect and some kind of past'ish tense I don't have a name for is easier now because of the removal of some endings
* I still don't have many information about my language on the internet...
* I have to guess how many words I have: I can't easily see the amount of words. Furthermore, most of the numbers aren't included in the dictionary (only 1-12 or not even that), and many others aren't included. Tchoze (old), is included, Tchozon/Tchozan (old man/woman) aren't. Tjøråje (driving) is included, Tjøråvy ("the driving") isn't.

BTW: that past tense has a meaning "happened in the past but still happening today": such as 'he has lived there for 20 years' or 'that temple has been buried under the sand for over 500 years'. In English the present perfect is used for that, in Bløjhvåtterskyll there's a separate tense for that.
A few years, I posted about Bløjhvåtterskyll. That's Barmish nowadays, and it's quite different from back then.
:nld: :mrgreen: | :eng: [:D] | :deu: [:D] | :fra: [:P] | :ell: [:$] | :nor: [:$]
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

I finished my Grade 9 Spanish course!
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
kilenc
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by kilenc »

Ahzoh wrote:I finished my Grade 9 Spanish course!
woah, where im from at least grade 9 is the first year of high (secondary school)--around 14 or 15 years of age. i thought you said you were 18-ish somewhere? am i nuts, or misunderstanding you?

probablemente soy loco pero... me has confundido
eventually ill work out a good conlang :)
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

kilenc wrote:
woah, where im from at least grade 9 is the first year of high (secondary school)--around 14 or 15 years of age. i thought you said you were 18-ish somewhere? am i nuts, or misunderstanding you?

probablemente soy loco pero... me has confundido
I moved from Canada to USA, and so I have to get all the compulsory courses to graduate: US history, Economics, Spanish, two health courses, World Geography, World History

Yo hablo la lingua un poco.
Sḿtuval
greek
greek

Post by Sḿtuval »

I'm pretty sure lingua is Italian... [;)] try lengua

I'm about to finish my third year of Spanish (so I don't have to take any more). I hate it so much. All the natives (which I guess maybe includes me) have mediocre to bad grades in that class because it's just so boring and repetitive.
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

Sḿtuval wrote:I'm pretty sure lingua is Italian... [;)] try lengua

I'm about to finish my third year of Spanish (so I don't have to take any more). I hate it so much. All the natives (which I guess maybe includes me) have mediocre to bad grades in that class because it's just so boring and repetitive.
It is a bit boring and repetitive, but I'm good at learning languages. I practically got 100% on the course.
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

[+1]
I'm in Spanish 1, my third year of learning Spanish, because our curriculum doesn't advance the slightest due to a new curriculum
Only the dumbest kids are even slightly passing. The natives are basically failing (and so am I). The other kids barely know present tense, and ask me for help.
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

qwed117 wrote:

[+1]
I'm in Spanish 1, my third year of learning Spanish, because our curriculum doesn't advance the slightest due to a new curriculum
Only the dumbest kids are even slightly passing. The natives are basically failing (and so am I). The other kids barely know present tense, and ask me for help.
I find the verb conjugations the easiest, and now i understand why tener [->] was tiene and all that. Seems o/u [->] ue and e [->] ie.
Dunno why diachronically, speaking.
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

Ahzoh wrote:I find the verb conjugations the easiest, and now i understand why tener [->] was tiene and all that. Seems o/u [->] ue and e [->] ie.
I don't know whether I should give you all this here, but for the people interested in diachronic, I will.
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Ahzoh wrote:
qwed117 wrote:

[+1]
I find the verb conjugations the easiest, and now i understand why tener [->] was tiene and all that. Seems o/u [->] ue and e [->] ie.
BUT THERE'S MORE!
In some words, you'll get a e [->] i
Case?
decir.
I believe it's because of stress due to the penultimate rule
empezar-->empieza
empezar-->empezamos
empezar-->empezáis
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Congratulations!
kanejam
greek
greek

Post by kanejam »

I just finished a 2000 word essay for my course on Lexical Functional Grammar analysing basic syntax in Māori [:D] now I can get back to Qmachah (and hopefully Savvinic as well)
Keenir
mayan
mayan

Post by Keenir »

congratulations.
J_from_Holland wrote:BTW: that past tense has a meaning "happened in the past but still happening today": such as 'he has lived there for 20 years' or 'that temple has been buried under the sand for over 500 years'. In English the present perfect is used for that, in Bløjhvåtterskyll there's a separate tense for that.
coolness.
At work on Apaan: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4799
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

kanejam wrote:I just finished a 2000 word essay for my course on Lexical Functional Grammar analysing basic syntax in Māori [:D] now I can get back to Qmachah (and hopefully Savvinic as well)
Wow, awesome!
felipesnark
sinic
sinic

Post by felipesnark »

I've tweaked some of the minor and subdeclensions of Shonkasika nouns, in particular nouns whose stems end in a stressed vowel. I am happy with the result and may detail it in my thread for the language. I invented/modified several words to fit into these paradigms to go along with the preexisting cagú nut:

rojá peanut
mushkaná almond
kudás snail
shuvós steam, vapor

I have also worked on how to document the few irregular verbs (at this point, only 4). I am working how to be descriptive with giving the fewest forms possible while being able to derive the other forms. Why make many charts when you can instead clearly describe inflectional rules?