The alphabet has a secret and has been found

A forum for discussing linguistics or just languages in general.
thevietguy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Re: The alphabet has a secret and has been found

Post by thevietguy »

masako wrote: 21 Sep 2019 14:38
sangi39 wrote: 21 Sep 2019 06:02 The site you cite has nothing to do with your claim...
Nothing has anything to do with his claim. It's absurd and has absolutely no merit. But, hey, it's amusing as heck to watch him try to explain it.
The Chu Quoc Ngu alphabet is a modern alphabet that arised from the Latin script. It is so difficult for non-vietnamese language people to know this, and even Vietnameses they did not know this, and beside the Chu Quoc Ngu alphabet is unriped, unfinished. This discovery is BIG and GOOD. The question is, Will the evil forces try to stop this coming into the world ????????????????????????????????????????????? You see, the Human Being Speech Sound Alphabet arised from the Chu Quoc Ngu alphabet. And you see, our planet Earth is being infected and inflamed with evil forces.
Salmoneus
MVP
MVP

Post by Salmoneus »

sangi39 wrote: 21 Sep 2019 06:02 The site you cite has nothing to do with your claim...
Because the person you're arguing with is insane. And they will not recognise that their argument is unsupported for the same reason they won't recognise that they don't even have an argument - because they're insane. Even if they weren't, they clearly don't have the level of English that would support a serious discussion, and they very evidently don't know the slightest thing about linguistics, so your use of terms and concepts that they do not, will not and cannot understand will accomplish nothing. And poking the insane person to see how insanely they respond is in essence just a freak show, though I'm sure that's not your intent.

You're not going to persuade them, because they're insane. You're not going to understand them, because they're insane. And you're not going to warn others away from listening to them, because nobody who is not insane would take them seriously in the first place. So is it really worth your time and energy arguing against a brick wall?
thevietguy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by thevietguy »

For years and years since forever they have been trying to make head and tail of the <i> and the <y> in Vietnam. So they have resorted to the <exception rules> and the <accepted general rules> just like the rest of the world of linguistics people. With this Human Being Speech Sounds Alphabet Of Nature the storm will stop, and the sky will be clear and beautiful for the very first time. If you have seen the illustrated pictures on the website then you may have seen why the <i> and <y> are different. If you know Vietnam modern writing system then it would be even easier to see why. I have discovered this because I have came to the USA. It is Nature's way.
sangi39

Post by sangi39 »

thevietguy wrote: 22 Sep 2019 03:24 For years and years since forever they have been trying to make head and tail of the <i> and the <y> in Vietnam. So they have resorted to the <exception rules> and the <accepted general rules> just like the rest of the world of linguistics people. With this Human Being Speech Sounds Alphabet Of Nature the storm will stop, and the sky will be clear and beautiful for the very first time. If you have seen the illustrated pictures on the website then you may have seen why the <i> and <y> are different. If you know Vietnam modern writing system then it would be even easier to see why. I have discovered this because I have came to the USA. It is Nature's way.
So, just so I understand, you've found some irregularity (or rather some slight complexity) in written Vietnamese regarding the representation of the sound /i/ (mostly relating to diphthongs, etymology, and how /kʷ/ is written), and you've concluded that there must be some deeper, seemingly divine meaning?

Further, despite admitting that you have very little in the way of understanding in the field of linguistics, you're outright stating that because linguists haven't reached the same conclusion as you, they must be wrong?

And finally, you seem to be suggesting that because this "fact" isn't more widely known, there must be some sort of evil force at play.

On top of that, you actually haven't answered a single question that's been posed to you, nor responded directly to any answers to your own questions, instead insisting, over and over, that you are correct.

If I might make two suggestions? Support your claim and respond to criticism...
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.
Aevas
admin
admin

Post by Aevas »

Locking this thread. Thevietguy, if you want to partake in serious discussions about linguistics, feel free to. But if your only goal is to preach about unsupported ideas while ignoring any constructive reply, then you can do so elsewhere.