Conlang accents

A forum for translations, translation challenges etc. Good place to increase your conlang's vocabulary.
protondonor
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: Conlang accents

Post by protondonor »

Isfendil wrote:Also, I usually don't have [ð] and/or [θ] in a conlang unless they're allophones or they're a big part of the family (my nascent semlangs come to mind). I was always led to believe they were weird, uncommon sounds that liked to dissapear. Was I wrong? And are they really that common, given that an individual conlanger's languages may be in their own conworld and not ours, and therefore not add to our world's census total of languages with those phonemes?
Judging by WALS and PHOIBLE, you're not wrong. I also like to avoid them where possible.

Anyway, here's two conlangs with interdental fricatives or approximants*:

:con: Kaimen Keling:
[o̞:l xju:man bi:jiŋs ar bo̞:rn fri: and i:kwal in digniti: and raits | θei ar e̞ndaud wiθ ri:san and kansje̞ns and sjud akt to̞:rds wan anaðe̞r in a spirit af braðe̞rxud]

:con: Yuka:
[äɬ hijumän̪̥ b̰ḭjḭŋks äɾ̥ b̰o̞̰ɾn̪̥ pri än̪d̪ ikβ̞äɬ in̪ t̪iɣ̞n̪it̪i än̪d̪ ɾäits | ð̞e̞ äɾ̥ e̞n̪d̪aut̪ β̞iθ ɾisän̪̥ än̪d̪ kän̪ʃe̞n̪s än̪d̪ ʃut̪ äkt̪ t̪o̞ɾts β̞än̪̥ än̪äð̞e̞ɾ̥ in̪̥ e̞ e̞spiɾit̪ äɸ b̰ɾä̰ð̞e̞̰ɾxṵt̪]

* - but there's a well-motivated a posteriori reason for them to be there! I promise!
Last edited by protondonor on 09 Sep 2016 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
Isfendil
greek
greek

Post by Isfendil »

Hey, it's okay. Spirantization happens...

My question though, what do umlauts mean in IPA? They confuse me something fierce. Also what is the patakh-like symbol beneath some of the vowels?
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

< ̈> = centralization, < ̰> = creaky voice
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Isfendil wrote:My question though, what do umlauts mean in IPA? They confuse me something fierce. Also what is the patakh-like symbol beneath some of the vowels?
Two dots above a vowel in the IPA signify that that vowel is central/centralized. The symbol /a/ could technically represent either a front or central low unrounded vowel. If you want or need to specify that it's central, however, the symbol /ä/ is used.

I had to Google "patakh". It looks like there are two diacritics you could be referring to, unless I'm missing some others. The diacritic resembling a small <T> underneath a consonant or vowel is a lowering diacritic. /β ð/ can represent either fricatives or approximants, but /β̞ ð̞/ are specifically approximants. /e o/ can represent either high-mid or mid vowels, but /e̞ o̞/ are specifically mid. The tilde below a consonant or vowel represents creaky voice.

Hopefully this clears things up.
Edit: Looks like someone beat me to it.
Isfendil
greek
greek

Post by Isfendil »

Actually they only beat you to the umlaut. A patakh does not resemble a tilde very closely. Thank you both, though!
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

Ame language

Due to the highly restrictive phonotactics, the Ame accent of English would be extremely distorted, more so than that of Japanese, maybe comparable to how Jennifer becomes Kinipela in Hawaiian.

In Ame, there are no distinction between /r/ and /l/; besides, words can't start with the liquid; moreover, there are only four vowels /a e i o/([o] and [ u ] are allophones of /o/) and around 13 consonants, and close syllables or consonant clusters are disallowed, and epenthetic vowels are used to break consonant clusters, coda consonants and initial liquids, and /i/ is the most common epenthetic consonant; also, coronals are palatalized before /i/.

Below is a possible Ame accent of English:

/oɺi çio:mani bi:ŋid͡ʑi a: bo:ni ɸuɺi: eni i:kowaɺi ini d͡ʑiŋinit͡ɕi eni aɺaitoɕi de: a: inidaodo oido iɺi:zani eni koniɕianiɕi eni ɕiodo akito too:d͡ʑi wani anada: ini a sebiɺito oɸu boroda:ɸudo/
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
Reyzadren
greek
greek

Post by Reyzadren »

:con: griuskant accent

/'ɔl 'hiumən 'biiŋs 'ar 'bɔrn 'fri 'end 'ikuəl 'in 'digniti 'end 'raits. 'θei 'ar 'endaud 'wiθ 'rizən 'end 'kɔnʃiəns 'end 'ʃud 'ek 'tuwərds 'wan 'enaθər 'in 'ə 'spirit 'ɔv 'braθərhud/
Last edited by Reyzadren on 30 Mar 2020 03:45, edited 1 time in total.
Image conlang summary | Image griushkoent thread
Znex
roman
roman

Post by Znex »

k1234567890y wrote: 11 Feb 2019 19:40 Due to the highly restrictive phonotactics, the Ame accent of English would be extremely distorted, more so than that of Japanese, maybe comparable to how Jennifer becomes Kinipela in Hawaiian.
Hawntow is the same, if not more so. But I have included two readings below: one more pidginesque, and one more conservative if not more fluent.

Hawntow

ɡa puwmn kiyn ɡ kawn huy ɡ hiyk ny tintih ɡ nay. cay ɡ ɡintaw kiy niɡsyn ɡ kahcy ɡ ciɡr ɡiht twaasy ɡan nnaatɡ ny n ciri ɡ kaarɡwuɡ.
[ŋˤɑ˥˩ ɸou̯˩˥məɴ kɨi̯˥ɴ(ə) ŋˤɑ kɔu̯˥˩ɴ(ə) çɨi̯˩˥ ŋˤɑ çɪi̯˥kʰo ɲi tɨ˥nəntʰɨː˥ ŋˤɑ næi̯˥˩ | tsæi̯˥˩ ŋˤɑ ŋˤən˥tɔu˥˩ kɨi̯˥ neː˥siɴ(ə) ŋˤɑ kʰɔː˥˩tɕʰi ŋˤɑ tsɨː˥ɾə ŋˤəː˥tʰə təwɔː˥˩si ŋˤɑn˥˩ nənɑːn˥˩da ɲi nə tɕi˥ɾɨ˥ ŋˤɑ kɔː˥˩ɾawoː˩˥]

guru piwmn kiyyingsy garu karun puriy gantw hiykr ny tintih gantw naysy. cay ɡaru ɡintawwr kiysy niɡsyn ɡantw kahnsynsy ɡantw ciɡr ɡiht twaarsy ɡan nnaatɡ ny n ɡcykirith ɡpw kraarɡwuɡr.
[ŋˤɔ˩˥ɾu ɸʉu̯˥məɴ kɨi̯˥je˥ŋˤ(ə)si ŋˤɑ˥˩ɾu kɔ˥˩ɾoɴ˩˥ ɸo˩ɾiː˥ ŋˤɑn˥˩do çɪi̯˥kʰəɾə ɲi tɨ˥nəntʰɨː˥ ŋˤɑn˥˩do næi̯˥˩si | tsæi̯˥˩ ŋˤɑ˥˩ɾu ŋˤən˥tɔu˥˩woɾə kɨi̯˥si neː˥siɴ(ə) ŋˤɑn˥˩do kʰɔː˥˩n(ə)sin(ə)si ŋˤɑn˥˩do tsɨː˥ɾə ŋˤəː˥tʰə təwɔː˥˩ɾəsi ŋˤɑn˥˩ nənɑːn˥˩da ɲi nə ŋˤantɕi˥ɾɨ˥tʰə ŋˤɑɸo koɾɐː˥˩ɾawoː˩˥ɾə]
:eng: : [tick] | :grc: : [:|] | :chn: :isr: :wls: : [:S] | :deu: :ell: :rus: : [:x]
Conlangs: Hawntow, Yorkish, misc.
she/her
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

Znex wrote: 17 Feb 2019 12:03
k1234567890y wrote: 11 Feb 2019 19:40 Due to the highly restrictive phonotactics, the Ame accent of English would be extremely distorted, more so than that of Japanese, maybe comparable to how Jennifer becomes Kinipela in Hawaiian.
Hawntow is the same, if not more so. But I have included two readings below: one more pidginesque, and one more conservative if not more fluent.

Hawntow

ɡa puwmn kiyn ɡ kawn huy ɡ hiyk ny tintih ɡ nay. cay ɡ ɡintaw kiy niɡsyn ɡ kahcy ɡ ciɡr ɡiht twaasy ɡan nnaatɡ ny n ciri ɡ kaarɡwuɡ.
[ŋˤɑ˥˩ ɸou̯˩˥məɴ kɨi̯˥ɴ(ə) ŋˤɑ kɔu̯˥˩ɴ(ə) çɨi̯˩˥ ŋˤɑ çɪi̯˥kʰo ɲi tɨ˥nəntʰɨː˥ ŋˤɑ næi̯˥˩ | tsæi̯˥˩ ŋˤɑ ŋˤən˥tɔu˥˩ kɨi̯˥ neː˥siɴ(ə) ŋˤɑ kʰɔː˥˩tɕʰi ŋˤɑ tsɨː˥ɾə ŋˤəː˥tʰə təwɔː˥˩si ŋˤɑn˥˩ nənɑːn˥˩da ɲi nə tɕi˥ɾɨ˥ ŋˤɑ kɔː˥˩ɾawoː˩˥]

guru piwmn kiyyingsy garu karun puriy gantw hiykr ny tintih gantw naysy. cay ɡaru ɡintawwr kiysy niɡsyn ɡantw kahnsynsy ɡantw ciɡr ɡiht twaarsy ɡan nnaatɡ ny n ɡcykirith ɡpw kraarɡwuɡr.
[ŋˤɔ˩˥ɾu ɸʉu̯˥məɴ kɨi̯˥je˥ŋˤ(ə)si ŋˤɑ˥˩ɾu kɔ˥˩ɾoɴ˩˥ ɸo˩ɾiː˥ ŋˤɑn˥˩do çɪi̯˥kʰəɾə ɲi tɨ˥nəntʰɨː˥ ŋˤɑn˥˩do næi̯˥˩si | tsæi̯˥˩ ŋˤɑ˥˩ɾu ŋˤən˥tɔu˥˩woɾə kɨi̯˥si neː˥siɴ(ə) ŋˤɑn˥˩do kʰɔː˥˩n(ə)sin(ə)si ŋˤɑn˥˩do tsɨː˥ɾə ŋˤəː˥tʰə təwɔː˥˩ɾəsi ŋˤɑn˥˩ nənɑːn˥˩da ɲi nə ŋˤantɕi˥ɾɨ˥tʰə ŋˤɑɸo koɾɐː˥˩ɾawoː˩˥ɾə]
not bad, although Hawntow seems to have at least like 7 phonemic vowels(not counting length distinctions), while Ame has 4 phonemic vowels, and Hawntow seems to have more consonants, too and Hawntow seems to have phonemic tones.

But seems that Hawntow has no syllables starting with a vowel, and Hawntow does not seem to have /ʔ/ either.
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
Znex
roman
roman

Post by Znex »

k1234567890y wrote: 17 Feb 2019 13:02not bad, although Hawntow seems to have at least like 7 phonemic vowels(not counting length distinctions), while Ame has 4 phonemic vowels, and Hawntow seems to have more consonants, too and Hawntow seems to have phonemic tones.

But seems that Hawntow has no syllables starting with a vowel, and Hawntow does not seem to have /ʔ/ either.
I've yet to have a more accurate look at the Hawntow phonemes, but half of the visible variation is just due to their surrounding environment; there's several harmonic systems all working together. For instance, /n/, /m/ and /ɲ/ are to some extent in complementary distribution: /m/ prefers labial or velar environments, /ɲ/ prefers palatal environments, while /n/ is more neutral. Two consonants never appear as sonorants in word-initial position: /w j/. And aspirate consonants prefer long vowels and aspirate environments. [ɾ] like in the above passage can only appear word-medially and disprefers adjacent aspirates. Not to mention that vowels themselves assimilate to onset consonants.

And yes, the role of /ʔ/ is split between /ʕ/ > [ŋˤ] and /h/; both consonants are in free variation with [ʔˤ] and ∅ in initial position, respectively, though certain Hawntow dialects may prefer one allophone over the other.
:eng: : [tick] | :grc: : [:|] | :chn: :isr: :wls: : [:S] | :deu: :ell: :rus: : [:x]
Conlangs: Hawntow, Yorkish, misc.
she/her
Nortaneous
greek
greek

Post by Nortaneous »

Starting in the west and going east. The westernmost notable language is Zzyxwqnp, which is tonal. I'm not sure how the tones should work, so I'll ignore them.

[wɒ jumõ bijĩzz̩ wɒ bõ fv̩ʎi jẽ jiko jĩ dʑiȵĩtɕi jẽ ɺəjitsz̩ || dʑe wɒ jĩda wi ʎisə̃ jẽ kɒ̃ɕẽ jẽ ɕu ja to wɒnə̃nɒ̃də jĩ wɒ sz̩piʎi wɒ buɺədəfu]
Wq yumz biyinssy wq bon fvli yen yiko yin jinyichi yen lzyicy. Je wq yinda wi liszn yen kqnxzn yen xu ya to wqnznqdz yin wq sypili wq bulzdzfu.

Or, if you prefer the four-vowel orthography:
Wa ywume byiyin'i wa ben fulyi yen yikwe yin dyinyintyi yen leyici. Dye wa yinda wyi lyisen yen kwansyen yen sywu ya twe wanennanda yin wa sipyilyi wa bwuledehwu.

The only notable thing about Gejaehl Hlu, other than its large vowel inventory, is that onset r > j. A speaker of Gejaehl Hlu would probably be aware of the correspondence of Bor Hlu r- -r to j- -0.

[ɔl çumɤn ɓijiŋ ɔ ɓon ʍi ɤn ikwɤl in ɗikniti ɤn jɤc || ɗej ɔ ɤnɗæt wit jisɤn æn kʰɔncʰɤn æn cʰɯt æk tʰwot wɤn ɤnɤɗɯ in ɤ pʰijit ɤ pjɤɗɤhɯt]
Al xumoen bbiying a bbon hwi oen ikwoel in ddikniti oen yoec. Ddey a oenddaet wit yisoen aen khanchoen aen chuet aek thwot woen oenoeddue in oe phiyit oe pyoeddoehuet.

You might expect Amqoli to be a little better, since it allows a lot of clusters, but the word-level phonotactics are fairly restrictive, and unstressed elements end up reinterpreted as prefixes. The contrast between mid and high vowels is also marginal.

[al ˈʃomabiⁿdz rβor xri ˈⁿdekal eˈⁿdeɣaⁿdi ⁿdrats || der ⁿdad beˈdreza ˈⁿgaⁿdzis ⁿdʒud ak tordz baˈlaða laˈsperit aˈβraðaxud]
Al shomabindz rbor xri ndekal endegandi ndrats. Der ndad bedreza mgandzis njud ak tordz balada lasperit abradaxud.

As you go east, it gets better. Enzielu:

[aːl ʃuːmɛn biːɛs aː buan bði ɛn iːkual in diknidi ɛn vaits || ðei aː ɛndɛut við viːsɛn ɛn kaːnʃenʃ ɛn ʃut ɛk tuats van anaða in a sɛbiːvit av bðaðaxut]
Aal zuumen biies aa buan bri en iikual in diknidi en vaits. Rei aa endeut vir viisen en kaanzenz en zut ek tuats van anara in a sebiivit av brarahut.

Arve comes close to the English vowel system, but doesn't allow clusters in words (except for jC wC ə̯C) and has Frenchoid phrasal prosody combined with a strong stress accent and reduction of unstressed vowels, which I'll write with superscripts.

[hɔl çʏwmᵃn ˈpɪjᵊŋ | hᵃ puə̯m bᵃrɪj ᵃn ˈɪjkᵊl | ᵊn dɪkᵊnᵊtɪj ᵃn ˈrʌjts || tɛ hᵃ nᵊˈtʰɛwt vᵊt | rɪjsᵃn ᵃn kʰanᵃˈʂɛs | ᵃn ʂᵃt ak tʰuə̯ts vʌn ᵃˈnʌtᵃ | hᵊn ᵃ sᵃpʰɪrᵊt ᵃ pᵃrʌtᵃˈhʊt]
Arve orthography is difficult, and there are several possible renderings of this, but here's one:
All sjüman biljagn ar born bari an ikvel in dekeneti en rirlt. Dig ar netivt vit risan an känastrils an strat ak torlt venn anedder in a saperit a barettachut.
Curlyjimsam
sinic
sinic

Post by Curlyjimsam »

Viksen:

[ɔ hiumæn bijiɳʐ ɑ bɔn fri æn ikwɔ in diɡniti æn rajts. dɛj ɑ indawd wid rizæn æn kɔɳʂænz æn ʂæd ak tæwɔdz wæn ænædæ in æ sæpirit æv brædæhæd]

Greater Atlian:

[aːl hiuːmen bijin aːɾ baːɾn fɾi en i ikwel in diɡniti en ɾaitse. dej aːɾ endaud wid ɾiːsen en konʃense en ʃed akte towaːd wan enadeɾ in e sebiɾit o bɾadeɾhad]
The Man in the Blackened House, a conworld-based serialised web-novel
CivilixXXX
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by CivilixXXX »

Kavian:
[ol çʉ̈mən bjiŋks æɾ boɾn fri ænt̚ ikvol in diɡniti ænt̚ rajtʃ. dɛj aɾ əndʌvt vit rizʌn ænt konsajəns ænt ʒʊt ækt tovəɾts væn ænotəɾ in ə spiɾit of brʌtəɾhʊt]
Last edited by CivilixXXX on 21 Aug 2019 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
/tsʲi¹⁴vʲiː⁵³ʎiks³³ iksʔiksʔiks/
Zekoslav
sinic
sinic

Post by Zekoslav »

What I imagine a really heavy Proto-Tewanian accent would sound like:

[də.ˈkɥɪk ˈbɾɒu̯n ˈpɑːks ˈtʃɑm.pə.ˈðoː.βəɾ də.ˈleːi̯.zɪ ˈdɑːk]
Languages:
:hrv: [:D], :bih: :srb: [;)], :eng: [:D], :fra: [:|], :lat: [:(], :deu: [:'(]

A linguistics enthusiast who occasionally frequents the CBB.

- Guide to Slavic accentuation
Pabappa
greek
greek

Post by Pabappa »

äl ˈhjuːmən ˈpiːjiːŋs äɾ pɔɾn
i ♥ this so much

Poswa (IPA):

ɔlʷ šumunʷ biež ɔw bɔnʷ fwi unʷ ikʷɔlʷ inʷ vinniti unʷ ʁʷaes. Ve ɔw indovʷ wifʷ ʁʷižunʷ unʷ kɔnʷšɨs unʷ šuvʷ aep tɔžʷ wonʷ ɨnovaw unʷ a piʁup ovʷ bʷovaʁuvʷ.

Not too sure about the frequent use of [unʷ] for proper /ən/ and /ɪn/ .... it's the closest native sound sequence that occurs word-finally, but perhaps they wouldnt have a problem using [ən] and [in] since they both appear *internally* in native words.
Kavunupupis, šiŋuputata.
When I see you pointing at me, I know I'm in trouble. (Play)
All4Ɇn
mayan
mayan

Post by All4Ɇn »

Pabappa wrote: 14 Apr 2019 20:37
äl ˈhjuːmən ˈpiːjiːŋs äɾ pɔɾn
i ♥ this so much
I noticed this when I first posted it and was wondering if anyone was going to say anything. Completely forgot about it until I saw this message
Mándinrùh
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Mándinrùh »

An Atili speaker might say something like:
An Atili speaker wrote:ɑɫ 'ɣʲu.man bi:n za 'bo.ʁɔn bə'ʁi: æn'di.kʷaɫ ɪn.dɪkʰ'ni.tʰi 'an.dɐ̆ 'ʁai̯.t͡sĭ
ze a ʁɛn'dɔ:d u̯is 'ʁi.zan 'an.dɐ̆ 'kʰan.se̯an.sɐ̆ | 'an.dɐ̆ sud 'akʰ.tʰɐ̆ tə.'ʁod zɔ̯ɑn ə'na.za ɪn.əs'bi.ʁi tʰəv.bə'ʁa.za.xud
Creator of Image Atili
My website | My blog
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

To my surprise I haven’t posted anything about this.
I had planned for my Adpihi & Reptigan conlang(s) and conworld to have very many dialects and genres and registers; and I’ve written a handful or so of posts about them in various threads on this bboard.
But the only actual work I’ve done is on diachronic differences.

Reptigan is a conlang and conculture that grows out of Adpihi.
Adpihi is a conlang and conculture and conworld. Adpihi remains the capital/capitol planet of Reptigan.

The concultures and conlangs might best be divided into four phases;
Early Adpihi, Late Adpihi, Early Reptigan, and Late Reptigan.
Beginning in Late Adpihi and continuing through Early Reptigan, there will be new nouns coined that will be classified into previously-unused genders. A speaker of Early Adpihi would find these genders novel, but semantically transparent; they’d know what they mean the first time they heard them.
During Reptigan, contact with other intelligent species will accelerate, so word-borrowing will also accelerate. But beginning in Late Reptigan most or all of the newly-borrowed nouns will fit into genders that already have nouns in them.

There’ll also be some changes in verbal morphology between Adpihi and Reptigan, particularly in linking clause-chains. For the most part a speaker of Adpihi could hear these and know what they meant but just think they were wrong. Sometimes, though, this sense of grammatical incorrectness could lead to them not understanding how the clauses were meant to be linked.

Changes in the way families are organized will also lead, in Late Reptigan, to the introduction of new kinterms. A speaker of Adpihi might or might not (probably not, I guess) understand them upon first hearing, but could learn them quickly if they were explained. However, it might take them some practice before they could interpret them quickly on hearing them in colloquial speech.

—————

I hope this response is on-topic!
To me it seems to belong in a “conlang accents” thread, but not in the “translations” subforum.
VaptuantaDoi
roman
roman

Post by VaptuantaDoi »

Proto-Nomadic is interesting. The lack of nasals and labials is very prominent. And the lack of phonemic non-stop consonants. And the tone. And the complete incomprehensibility

A “mild” proto-Nomadic accent:
[óːɣ jûːbà bîːz àː bôː pɾíː èd íːkɣà ì dígɾàtì èd ɾáí̯s. ðèì̯ àː ìdéú̯d ɣìð ɾíːzà èd kôːsàs èd súd ékt tàɣóːz ɣâː àɾáðà ì à spíɾìt òb bɾáðàɣùd]

Slightly thicker:
[óó éù̯gà gíìs àà góò kɾíí èd ííkà ì dígɾàsì èd ɾáí̯s. déí̯ àà ìdéú̯d ɣìd ɾíísà èd kóòsàs èd súd ékèt tàɣóós ɣáà àɾádà ì à sìkíɾít òɣ gɾádàɣùd]

Very thick:
[óó éù̯ɣa gíìsì àà góò kɾíí èd ííkà ì díɣɾàsì èd ɾáí̯sì. déí̯ àà ìɾéú̯d gìd ɾíísà èd kóòsàsì èd súd ékèt tàɣóósì gáà àɾáɾà ì à sìkíɾít òɣ gɾáɾàɣùd]

Turned into proto-Nomadic, with matching allophony:
Phonetic
[óː éú̯ ɣà ɣîː sì àː ɣôː kɾíː è ɾíː kà ì ɾí ɣɾà sì è dɾáí̯ sì. déí̯ àː ì ɾéú̯d ɣì dɾíː sì̯à èd kôː sì̯à sì èd sì̯ú ɾé kèt tà ɣóː sì ɣâː à ɾá ɾà ì à sì kí ɾí tòɣ ɣɾá ɾá ɣùd]

Phonemic
/óó éú̯gà gíìtì àà góò kdíí èd ííkà ì dígdàtì èd dáí̯tì. déí̯ àà ìdéú̯d gìd díítìà èd kóòtìàtì èd tìúd ékèt tàgóótì gáà àdádà ì à tìkídít òg gdádàgùd/

Written
Óó éúga gíiti aa góo kdíí ed ííka i dígdati ed dáíti. Déí aa idéúd gid díítia ed kóotiati ed tiúd éket tagóóti gáa adáda i a tikídít og gdádagud.

Movard accent:
[uˑˌlʊːmə̃ˈʋĩˑz aˑ ʋũˑˈfʁiˑ ã ˈðiˑku ẽˈðiknətɕi ə̃ˈðʁæi̯s | ˈdæi̯ aˑ ə̃ˈðaˑʊd ʋi ˈðʁiˑzə̃ ẽˈkʊ̃ɕi̯ə̃s ẽɕi̯ʊd ˈekʰ təˈʋʊˑz ʋãəˈnaðə inəsˈpiʁətʰ uʋˈbʁaðəud]

Or if they tried to pronounce it as written but in Movard, they'd get something like:

<All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are indowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood>
[əliˈmã ˈbæ̃ĩ̯ əˈʁɛ ʋũˑˈfʁeˑ ə̃ə̯ˈkaˑ ĩðiˑniˈtɕiˑ ə̃ˈʁiː. tæɨ̯əˈʁɛ ə̃ðuˈʋeˑ ʋiʁeˈzʊ̃ ə̃kũzə̃ˈsɛ ə̃ˈzʊˑ ətuˈʋaˑ uˈnɛ ənuˈteˑ ĩəhpiˈʁi ʊˑʋʁutəˈʁʊˑ]

(I dislike the use of this as a language sample text so it's nice to mangle it to a point of incomprehensibility)
Void
sinic
sinic

Post by Void »

:con: Tsaqʼma

[ɑw ˈçjyːmɪn piːŋs ɑɰ pʊɰn friː ɑnt ˈiːkwɒw ɪn ˈtɪknɪtɪ ɑnt ɰɒjts || θɑj ɑɰ ɪnˈtɑwt wɪθ ɰiːsun ɑnt ˈkɑɲtʃɪns ɑnt ʃyːt ɑkt twaːɰts wɒn ɑˈnɑθɪr ɪn ɑ spɪɰt ɑf prɑθɪɰxuːt]