The Comparison of languages

A forum for translations, translation challenges etc. Good place to increase your conlang's vocabulary.
Heinrich von Preußen
rupestrian
rupestrian

The Comparison of languages

Post by Heinrich von Preußen »

Hi!
I'd like to present you my new great project - The Comparison of languages.

It's a graet lexical base for Celtic, Slavic. Romance, Germanic and Indo-European languages. It contains reconstructed form for Proto-Germanic, Slavic, Celtic, PIE and Latin and daughter-languages!

It's also a great base to extend a basic lexicon and to compare your languages with natlangs and other conlangs.

You'd like to add your language? Just post the list here, I'll make my job.

I'd be very glad if autors of fallowing conlangs would add own lists:
Pieśń Arjów!
elemtilas
runic
runic

Re: The Comparison of languages

Post by elemtilas »

Heinrich von Preußen wrote: 26 Mar 2019 00:11 Hi!
I'd like to present you my new great project - The Comparison of languages.
Hi!

Looks like you've done a nice job thus far. I think your resource would be much more useful if, for the invented languages, you linked the names to an article where you list your sources.

For example, I am molto curioso, however as to one language. What is "Kernijski"? Where did you find it and who made it?
Heinrich von Preußen
rupestrian
rupestrian

It's Kerno from Ill Bethisad. I haven't just translated it. I'm going to fix it :)
Pieśń Arjów!
Znex
roman
roman

Post by Znex »

Is this comparing cognate items or equivalent items? If it's for cognates, then you might want to check your natlang cognates: just at a glance, I've spotted "beth" in the Celtic list, which is from "pa beth" {*what thing}. The real Welsh cognate would be "pa" (no longer in common usage as an interrogative pronoun, but is still used as a determiner), not "beth".
:eng: : [tick] | :grc: : [:|] | :chn: :isr: :wls: : [:S] | :deu: :ell: :rus: : [:x]
Conlangs: Hawntow, Yorkish, misc.
she/her
Heinrich von Preußen
rupestrian
rupestrian

No, it compares lexicon, no cognates. But I've chosen rarly changing basic words for comparing
Pieśń Arjów!