Adarelama Thoz

A forum for translations, translation challenges etc. Good place to increase your conlang's vocabulary.
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Adarelama Thoz

Post by Micamo »

I was stress testing my new Agyonnar verb inflections when I stumbled upon this lovely little thing: "Adarelama thoz." Translated, "Disappointingly, I was told by the host that the party will be starting later than expected." Pretty compact!

:eng: Disappointingly, I was told by the host that the party will be starting later than expected.

:con: Agyonnar: Adarelama thoz.
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter
rickardspaghetti
roman
roman

Re: Adarelama Thoz

Post by rickardspaghetti »

No gloss?
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。
Spoiler:
Ǧ Š Ȟ Ž Č

ǧ š ŋ ȟ ž č
:swe: [:D] :vgtl: [:D] :eng: [:)] :ita: [:|] :lkt: [:'(]
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

I was reluctant to put it in the first post since then it'd just get copied over and over for the whole thread, but here it is:

adar-el-ama thoz
party-PROS.INCH-MIR.HSY1 late

-el is prospective + incohative aspect. -ama is mirative + primary-source hearsay evidential. The prospective being used here shows how the speaker wants to put emphasis on how the anticipation of the future result will affect current planning. The primary-source hearsay is used when the person you received the information from is a person who is or was a direct participator in the action at hand (in the case of a party being delayed, that could only be the person in charge of making the decision behind the delay, the host.) The mirative could have been interpreted in a few ways without further context but I chose to interpret it as disappointment. All in all the whole thing's a bit contrived, but that's kinda the point.
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter
rickardspaghetti
roman
roman

Post by rickardspaghetti »

Awesome. c:
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。
Spoiler:
Ǧ Š Ȟ Ž Č