Flowering Fields - Snapshots from Rireinu

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
prettydragoon
sinic
sinic

Re: Flowering Fields - Snapshots from Rireinu

Post by prettydragoon »

Make and Misa's wedding (1/4)
Two wives. That's the number recognised by law. The minimum because obviously you can't marry yourself, now can you? And the maximum because... well, tradition I guess. Also, how would it work with divorce? Like, if you marry Kane and it doesn't work, you get a divorce and that's that. But if you marry Kane and Pera, and then you break up with Pera, but Kane is still perfectly happy with each of you, what then? Who would move out?

Anyway. Weddings. Take mine, for example. Me and Misa fell in love in college and moved together. Soon enough, we figured out we wanted to stay that way. It's not cheap, getting married. But our parents chipped in... well actually they paid for most of it. Here in the big city, everything is so expensive.

First of course we had to pick our miko. The two miko are key to a successful wedding. They don't just hand you your garlands, they help with the planning and watch over things and keep things running when you are otherwise distracted. Sari and Kane did a great job for us. There were times when I was ready to run screaming to the hills, but they were always able to talk me down and get everything back on rails.

Soon it was time for kuhoheto, or Last Night. Sari and Kane invited our closest friends... to our place. But they arranged it as a potluck, so every guest brought something, mostly something to drink, so it was lots of fun. Everybody arrived in our apartment at the same time with bags of stuff. After all the bowls of food and bottles of booze had been set out, we poured everybody a cup of kiyu to welcome them to our home. And then they toasted the two of us. Then Kane said, "Better shave you now before we drink too many toasts. Wouldn't want to accidentally shave off something you might want to use later." We all laughed, and suddenly everybody, except me and Misa of course, was brandishing a razor and a can of shaving cream. Which by the way is not in fact made of cream, so you don't want to get it in your mouth.

Then of course they shaved the two of us all over, each of them taking turns on each of us. Our friends were concentrating very hard on doing a good job, getting all the hair and none of the skin, so it was a kinda solemn mood. Too solemn, I thought, so when Sari started spraying shaving cream on my tuvu, I tried to sound like a hardened criminal, and I shouted, "No no, auntie magistrate, I'm innocent, I swear by the goddess of thieves! I didn't do it, I never been there in my life, and besides, nobody saw me!" That earned me a big laugh but no reprieve. Justice was as swift as it was merciless, and soon I was as hairless as a newborn baby. So was Misa. She looked very different but no less good. The rest of the evening consisted of eating and drinking and rather pink jokes.
Last edited by prettydragoon on 23 Jan 2021 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
♀♥♀
What is this, how you say, Rireinutire?
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

prettydragoon wrote:Make and Misa's wedding
Two wives. That's the number recognised by law. The minimum because obviously you can't marry yourself, now can you? And the maximum because... well, tradition I guess. Also, how would it work with divorce? Like, if you marry Kane and it doesn't work, you get a divorce and that's that. But if you marry Kane and Pera, and then you break up with Pera, but Kane is still perfectly happy with each of you, what then? Who would move out?
Makes sense -- 2 is a pretty stable configuration!

Question: is it required to be married before seeking the services of a stud in order to become pregnant? Or can single girls become single moms? Though I suspect that it might be economically less feasible...

Then of course they shaved the two of us all over, each of them taking turns on each of us. Our friends were concentrating very hard on doing a good job, getting all the hair and none of the skin, so it was a kinda solemn mood. ... soon I was as hairless as a newborn baby. So was Misa. She looked very different but no less good. The rest of the evening consisted of eating and drinking and rather pink jokes.
Explain the significance of shaving before a wedding! What do Rireinuans look like before that they need to be entirely shorn before marrying?
prettydragoon
sinic
sinic

Post by prettydragoon »

elemtilas wrote:Question: is it required to be married before seeking the services of a stud in order to become pregnant? Or can single girls become single moms? Though I suspect that it might be economically less feasible...
No, it isn't required. It is perfectly possible to have a baby all by yourself. Such a thing is seen rather as over-ambitious, as stud fees are quite significant. Most working class persons take out a loan, and that's with two incomes in the family. But the more important reason not to be a single mother is that when you are married, you get to share the joys and the worries of parenthood. And a joy shared is a joy doubled, a sorrow shared is a sorrow halved.
Then of course they shaved the two of us all over, each of them taking turns on each of us. Our friends were concentrating very hard on doing a good job, getting all the hair and none of the skin, so it was a kinda solemn mood. ... soon I was as hairless as a newborn baby. So was Misa. She looked very different but no less good. The rest of the evening consisted of eating and drinking and rather pink jokes.
Explain the significance of shaving before a wedding! What do Rireinuans look like before that they need to be entirely shorn before marrying?
Before shaving, a mature Rireinukave looks like an unmodded Human. Ie. sparse to no soft hairs on most of the body, with hirsute patches on top of the head, in the armpits, in the groin, and narrow strips above the eye sockets. These get all shaved off to signify that the bride is being born into a new life, separate from her mothers. (The wedding is also incidentally the only time a law-abiding Rireinukave will have her tuvu, or pubes, shaved. As the tuvu is a sign of adulthood, getting it shaved is in all other contexts a punishment, symbolically demoting you into a child. Also the prison uniform. Hence Make's joke.)
♀♥♀
prettydragoon
sinic
sinic

Post by prettydragoon »

Make and Misa's wedding (2/4)
In the morning our apartment was knee deep in people. Well, not quite literally, but there was very little open floor left. So then we made coffee and last night's leftovers for breakfast, and then we all went to the bathhouse across the street to get presentable for the wedding. I felt a bit anxious about going out in public all shaved like that, but nobody paid any attention to me, and then we were in the bathhouse already. After washing and soaking in the bath, it was time to get painted. Sari painted my head with red ochre, from the neck up, and Kane painted Misa likewise. Then they painted each other's faces. I know that in some places brides get painted with red ochre all over, but that's so, well, rustic. Inelegant, if you know what I mean. The rest of our friends also painted their foreheads, to celebrate our big day.

On the street in front of the bathhouse, we formed into a column of sorts. Sari and Kane took me and Misa by the elbow, and led the way towards the Golden Teye Restaurant, which is where we had booked the function space for our wedding. The rest of our friends followed behind, singing bawdy songs, as one does. It seemed like all the world was smiling at us and calling out blessings and making good luck gestures. Soon we came to the restaurant. And there was the florist's van parked in front. And next to the van, a small knot of people, smoking and chatting. The florist. Our parents, their faces painted with red ochre. The Deputy District Registrar. As we greeted them all, Sari and Kane went into action. Assisted by the florist, they distributed garlands to all the wedding party. Everyone got a garland around her neck, except me and Misa got none and Sari and Kane got two, for now. The rest of our guests began to arrive soon, their foreheads painted with red ochre for the celebration, and we were all busy greeting them and handing them their garlands.

Finally every guest was inside. Our parents and the Deputy District Registrar went in too, to take their places. "Now we come to the crossroads", Misa quoted from one of our favourite movies. "Will you stay on this road and fight your way through the mountain passes? Or will you turn aside?" "My road was set the moment I met you, Captain Ironstone", I mangled the Baroness's line only slightly. Misa kissed me and took my hand. We stepped in to the hall.
Last edited by prettydragoon on 23 Jan 2021 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
♀♥♀
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

prettydragoon wrote:
elemtilas wrote:Explain the significance of shaving before a wedding! What do Rireinuans look like before that they need to be entirely shorn before marrying?
Before shaving, a mature Rireinukave looks like an unmodded Human. Ie. sparse to no soft hairs on most of the body, with hirsute patches on top of the head, in the armpits, in the groin, and narrow strips above the eye sockets. These get all shaved off to signify that the bride is being born into a new life, separate from her mothers. (The wedding is also incidentally the only time a law-abiding Rireinukave will have her tuvu, or pubes, shaved. As the tuvu is a sign of adulthood, getting it shaved is in all other contexts a punishment, symbolically demoting you into a child. Also the prison uniform. Hence Make's joke.)
So, symbolically anyway, Rireinukave engage in "child" marriage!? [:D]

What, if any, kind of clothing do folks wear? Anything special for the wedding, apart from garlands and body paint? If they wear clothing, why bother shaving everything? -- how would anyone know? I'm guessing they must let their hair grow back after the wedding. Do they shape their hair into different styles at all, or is it too short for that? Do they ever bleach it or darken it in any way?

Do they paint themselves for other occasions, or even on ordinary days? What makes all-over ocher so "rustic"? Or is the single colour just, oh so uncouth?
prettydragoon
sinic
sinic

Post by prettydragoon »

elemtilas wrote:So, symbolically anyway, Rireinukave engage in "child" marriage!? [:D]
[:D] In a way, yes, I guess. But at least the brides are evenly matched, which makes it all right.
What, if any, kind of clothing do folks wear? Anything special for the wedding, apart from garlands and body paint? If they wear clothing, why bother shaving everything? -- how would anyone know? I'm guessing they must let their hair grow back after the wedding. Do they shape their hair into different styles at all, or is it too short for that? Do they ever bleach it or darken it in any way?
If you ask a random Rireinukave about clothing, she will swear up and down that no self-respecting person would wear any garments in public. And she will even be correct in a way. Technically correct - the best kind of correct. Running around with your face or torso covered is an outrage to public decency. However, a technological civilisation cannot advance all that far before requiring at least some kinds of protective gear. So there are many kinds of aprons and masks and things, not to mention the full-body shoes of spacers and deep sea divers. But those are all considered tools. And when you finish the job, you put your tools away. Remeber how Rika the hawker felt she had to excuse her wearing an apron in public?

The normal dress code is a belt with pouches, with hat and sandals optional. The belt isn't compulsory either, it's just that most persons want to have something to keep their stuff in: keys, phone, money, whatever they think they'll need to have on hand.

The wedding dress, as we have seen, is applied with razor and paintbrush. Garlands figure in the actual ceremony too. And afterwards, persons do let their hair grow. Adults have a fair amount of latitude in hairstyles, although long hair is quite rare. And unless one is a high school teacher, one usually keeps one's natural hair colour. And of course nobody, no matter how ambitious, ever asks her hairdresser to add some surreptitious grey highlights.
Do they paint themselves for other occasions, or even on ordinary days? What makes all-over ocher so "rustic"? Or is the single colour just, oh so uncouth?
Body paint is for ceremonial use. Red ochre for joy, ash white for mourning. For everyday occasions, plain skin is good enough. Modern Rireinukave society really is rather puritanical. Some historic societies were positively gaudy with jewelry and body paint.

All-over paint is not fashionable. But there's also two actual reasons why all-over paint would be more suitable to village life. The first is crowds. There are always lots of persons out and about in a town, so you are likely to bump into them and smudge their skin. The second is that if you are painted all over you can't wear your belt without smudging it. In a village you can just leave your stuff home, but in town you need at least your home keys and some money with you at all times.
♀♥♀
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

prettydragoon wrote:And unless one is a high school teacher, one usually keeps one's natural hair colour.
Sorry if I'm missing/forgetting something, but why is this the case?
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

prettydragoon wrote:
If you ask a random Rireinukave about clothing, she will swear up and down that no self-respecting person would wear any garments in public. And she will even be correct in a way. Technically correct - the best kind of correct. Running around with your face or torso covered is an outrage to public decency. However, a technological civilisation cannot advance all that far before requiring at least some kinds of protective gear. So there are many kinds of aprons and masks and things, not to mention the full-body shoes of spacers and deep sea divers. But those are all considered tools. And when you finish the job, you put your tools away. Remeber how Rika the hawker felt she had to excuse her wearing an apron in public?
Very sensible. These Rireinukave would get along very nicely in Daine society. Though it might be a bit of a culture shock to find that boys are people too!, and not just stud creatures. On the other hand, people in The World would find so much and so pervasive technology a bit overwhelming too!

Among the Daine, the general consensus on clothing is that it a) ought to be decorative and b) is largely optional. They like a bit of colored cloth or artfully pieced fur wrapped around the waist and are pretty content to leave it at that (except in the Eastlands, where many folk prefer a kind of knee length britches and brightly colored calfings). As a rule, they never wear shoes except in the coldest of winters and hats and fascinators of various kinds are not uncommon. Jewelry and body paint are the usual order of the day. They tend to prefer silver and bronze over gold and prefer red and purple and blue gems & stones over other colors. Their body paint is a kind of dye and in application is not unlike mendhika.
The normal dress code is a belt with pouches, with hat and sandals optional. The belt isn't compulsory either, it's just that most persons want to have something to keep their stuff in: keys, phone, money, whatever they think they'll need to have on hand.
House keys, telephones, money -- those are things unknown to Daine, and even where there are telephonic devices, they are never portable. Whatever small things a Daine deems necessary to carry with him gets carried in a leather wallet, usually suspended from round the neck by a strap. In the East, the pants-wearing Daine have invented these things called puqins which are small cloth wallets actually built in to the cloth of their trousers. Ingenious! And, especially among boys, it's easy enough to find a fellow whose britches have no fewer than twelve of these little pouches sewn in to them. Often times they are designed to hold some needful tool or article.
The wedding dress, as we have seen, is applied with razor and paintbrush.
Am surprized they haven't discovered the ease and nick-free happiness that comes with the discovery of lye!
Body paint is for ceremonial use. Red ochre for joy, ash white for mourning. For everyday occasions, plain skin is good enough. Modern Rireinukave society really is rather puritanical. Some historic societies were positively gaudy with jewelry and body paint.
Ah, that describes the typical Daine mode of dress pretty well! Mostly for special occasions, mind. For hunting or a day in the workshop, of course, little to no jewelry and plain skin does best.
All-over paint is not fashionable. But there's also two actual reasons why all-over paint would be more suitable to village life. The first is crowds. There are always lots of persons out and about in a town, so you are likely to bump into them and smudge their skin. The second is that if you are painted all over you can't wear your belt without smudging it. In a village you can just leave your stuff home, but in town you need at least your home keys and some money with you at all times.
Hmm. That makes sense. Perhaps there is something in the kind of paint they use? The dyes used by the Daine don't smudge easily, and in fact take a bit of work to wash off. Not much fear of social smudging in a Daine town on a festival day!
gestaltist
mayan
mayan

Post by gestaltist »

What about people living in colder climates? They would have to wear clothing to protect themselves from the cold, wouldn’t they? Or is the whole planet hot?
prettydragoon
sinic
sinic

Post by prettydragoon »

shimobaatar wrote:
prettydragoon wrote:And unless one is a high school teacher, one usually keeps one's natural hair colour.
Sorry if I'm missing/forgetting something, but why is this the case?
You haven't missed anything. The question of school uniforms hasn't come up yet. Both teachers and students are expected to wear otiyeya, or school hairstyle. And in high schools, the otiyeya also involves dye.

elemtilas wrote:Among the Daine, the general consensus on clothing is that it a) ought to be decorative and b) is largely optional. They like a bit of colored cloth or artfully pieced fur wrapped around the waist and are pretty content to leave it at that (except in the Eastlands, where many folk prefer a kind of knee length britches and brightly colored calfings). As a rule, they never wear shoes except in the coldest of winters and hats and fascinators of various kinds are not uncommon. Jewelry and body paint are the usual order of the day. They tend to prefer silver and bronze over gold and prefer red and purple and blue gems & stones over other colors. Their body paint is a kind of dye and in application is not unlike mendhika.
Sounds like the Rireinukave would consider the Daine as a people of barbarian splendour. Not so very different from their own past... other than some minor details such as body shape.
In the East, the pants-wearing Daine have invented these things called puqins which are small cloth wallets actually built in to the cloth of their trousers. Ingenious! And, especially among boys, it's easy enough to find a fellow whose britches have no fewer than twelve of these little pouches sewn in to them. Often times they are designed to hold some needful tool or article.
Clever indeed!
Hmm. That makes sense. Perhaps there is something in the kind of paint they use? The dyes used by the Daine don't smudge easily, and in fact take a bit of work to wash off. Not much fear of social smudging in a Daine town on a festival day!
Most likely yes. Ceremonial paint tends to be traditional in its composition as well, very much un-improved. The dyes that the Daine use are more like theatrical or vid makeup then. Bodypaint dramas are popular programming in Rireinu. Historical fiction provides a ready-made excuse for visual extravagance. The gruesome exploitation of honest hard-working farmers and petty merchants contrasted with the excesses of gold-bedecked queens and empresses is always ratings gold.

gestaltist wrote:What about people living in colder climates? They would have to wear clothing to protect themselves from the cold, wouldn’t they? Or is the whole planet hot?
Rireinu is somewhat warmer than Earth, but it does have modest ice caps. The population is concentrated in the tropics, so you could say that everywhere people actually want to go to is in fact hot. But there are lots of natural resources to exploit in the deep north and deep south. The persons there eat like lumberjacks, even if they sit at a computer all day. Also, it is common to coat oneself with liberal amounts of specially formulated grease.
♀♥♀
prettydragoon
sinic
sinic

Post by prettydragoon »

Timo, a nonconformist
My head is shaved except for a narrow transverse strip from ear to ear and another strip at right angles to it running to my forehead, like the letter "po". My hair is dyed a vivid shade of turquoise. I hate having to be so conformist. I think high school students are old enough that we should be allowed to let our hair grow as it will. After graduation, I'm going to let my hair grow and wear it long. Over my ears. Maybe even all the way down to my shoulders! And I'll never dye my hair!

But so far, I have to settle for small tokens of defiance. Me and my best buddy Riso, we are shaving our armpits. Take that, society! And your conventional ideals of beauty! We're actually saving our armpit hairs for an art project. You know the saying, "it's not worth an armpit hair". Well, we're going to make our portraits out of armpit hairs, drawing with glue and hairs. Biting social commentary, don't you think?
♀♥♀
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

prettydragoon wrote:Timo, a nonconformist
My head is shaved except for a narrow transverse strip from ear to ear and another strip at right angles to it running to my forehead, like the letter "po". My hair is dyed a vivid shade of turquoise. I hate having to be so conformist. I think high school students are old enough that we should be allowed to let our hair grow as it will. After graduation, I'm going to let my hair grow and wear it long. Over my ears. Maybe even all the way down to my shoulders! And I'll never dye my hair!

But so far, I have to settle for small tokens of defiance. Me and my best buddy Riso, we are shaving our armpits. Take that, society! And your conventional ideals of beauty! We're actually saving our armpit hairs for an art project. You know the saying, "it's not worth an armpit hair". Well, we're going to make our portraits out of armpit hairs, drawing with glue and hairs. Biting social commentary, don't you think?
Typical high school punk! Rebels without a pause!

But I guess, really, when all you have is the hair on your body to rebel with, well, that's what you rebel with! Frankly, I don't blame her one bit for despising such a lame school hairstyle! I mean, really! A big blue X on your head!? [o.O]

Question: would anyone really notice if these two shaved? What sorts of reactions might they get (apart from their mothers' mortified lectures!)?
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

elemtilas wrote:Among the Daine...
Sounds like the Rireinukave would consider the Daine as a people of barbarian splendour. Not so very different from their own past... other than some minor details such as body shape.[/quote]

I think most Daine would not be at all displeased! What shape are Rireinukave? What do they look like?
Not much fear of social smudging in a Daine town on a festival day!
Ceremonial paint tends to be traditional in its composition as well, very much un-improved. The dyes that the Daine use are more like theatrical or vid makeup then. Bodypaint dramas are popular programming in Rireinu. Historical fiction provides a ready-made excuse for visual extravagance. The gruesome exploitation of honest hard-working farmers and petty merchants contrasted with the excesses of gold-bedecked queens and empresses is always ratings gold.
The dye does stick very well, that's for sure! You do have to be careful with the stuff around hair and wings, though -- especially if your hair or feathers are light colored! Don't want dark smudges all over your wings that can last for months! Interesting: Daine have no tradition of theatrical drama at all, so no chance of any kind of theater paint!
prettydragoon
sinic
sinic

Post by prettydragoon »

elemtilas wrote:Typical high school punk! Rebels without a pause!

But I guess, really, when all you have is the hair on your body to rebel with, well, that's what you rebel with! Frankly, I don't blame her one bit for despising such a lame school hairstyle! I mean, really! A big blue X on your head!? [o.O]
A big blue T, actually. Timo didn't exactly describe it that well, did she? She knew what she meant; we had only her words to rely on.
Question: would anyone really notice if these two shaved? What sorts of reactions might they get (apart from their mothers' mortified lectures!)?
It's a really subtle effect. A stranger would most likely only think them late bloomers. Not even their teachers would necessarily notice, and even if they did, they might not give an armpit hair about it. Or they might figure it better to practise masterful inaction; if they give it no attention, the girls will surely soon tire of such silliness. Their classmates would giggle at the flouting of convention.

elemtilas wrote:
prettydragoon wrote:Sounds like the Rireinukave would consider the Daine as a people of barbarian splendour. Not so very different from their own past... other than some minor details such as body shape.
I think most Daine would not be at all displeased! What shape are Rireinukave? What do they look like?
Rireinukave look practically indistinguishable from Humans. The average Rireinukave is 1.70m tall, wiry to muscular, medium brown in colour. My avatar right here (I mean to the left) is the portrait of one Rireinukave, the Speaker-to-Animals.
Not much fear of social smudging in a Daine town on a festival day!
Ceremonial paint tends to be traditional in its composition as well, very much un-improved. The dyes that the Daine use are more like theatrical or vid makeup then. Bodypaint dramas are popular programming in Rireinu. Historical fiction provides a ready-made excuse for visual extravagance. The gruesome exploitation of honest hard-working farmers and petty merchants contrasted with the excesses of gold-bedecked queens and empresses is always ratings gold.
The dye does stick very well, that's for sure! You do have to be careful with the stuff around hair and wings, though -- especially if your hair or feathers are light colored! Don't want dark smudges all over your wings that can last for months! Interesting: Daine have no tradition of theatrical drama at all, so no chance of any kind of theater paint!
How fascinating! Rireinu has a long and flourishing theatrical tradition, from eiha which is so hemmed-in with traditions it's a wonder anybody save historians can stand to attend a performance, all the way to latest experimental performance art.
♀♥♀
prettydragoon
sinic
sinic

Post by prettydragoon »

Make and Misa's wedding (3/4)
There they were. All our friends and relatives. Sitting at tables, looking at us and smiling. And at the head of the hall stood the Deputy District Registrar, very solemn and magisterial in her official Registrar's hat. The walk up to her felt like it took for ever, but finally we were standing in front of her, with Sari and Kane right behind us. The Registrar gave a little speech about marriage and family as the cornerstone of society, and then it was time. I'm younger than Misa - by a whole month - so I had to go first. Sari handed me one of her garlands. I took it and said to Misa, "Misa Mumakiremo, I am your friend and I will make your life good", and I put the garland around her neck. She got a garland from Kane and said to me, "Make Tanovuvu, I am your friend and I will make your life good", and put the garland around my neck. The Registrar proclaimed that we were married, and then we kissed. First a, well, polite peck on the lips. But that wasn't good enough for our guests, because they started shouting encouragements: "Now, a real kiss!" "That's not a Mumakiremo kiss!" "The young these days, they can't even kiss!" So we kissed some more and hugged each other tighter and let our hands wander, and then our guests hooted their approval.

When we came up for air, the Deputy District Registrar was still there right next to us, but now she was smiling broadly. She took us aside to sign our names in the Book of Marriages and Sari and Kane signed as the witnesses. Then of course we had to pose for pictures. First the standard wedding picture: the couple hugging each other, showing their inked right thumbs together. And then pictures with everybody else: with our miko, with the Registrar, with our own mothers, with each other's mothers, with our sisters and cousins and aunts and grandmothers and great-grandmothers and friends and... Eventually everybody had their phones full of pictures, and we could sit down to eat and drink.

Lots of toasts. Like, everybody toasted everybody else. The waiters were kept busy running cups of kiyu to all of us. At some point, there was food too. Me and Misa had to feed each other the first spoonful of rice, which wasn't as easy as it seems. For some reason. But we managed it, and then everybody else was allowed to eat too. There was either rice, taro, or banana in each dish, because... well, it's traditional. And all the dishes were round or ball-shaped, to symbolise wealth. Or maybe pregnant bellies. Which was pretty much the same thing back in the old days, when everybody was a farmer.

Then there was dancing. First a traditional ring dance. Then two of Misa's cousins from upcountry performed a frightfully energetic sword dance. I like to think I'm pretty fit, but I got out of breath just looking at them leap and twirl and clash their swords together! Then me and Misa took the floor in a patiro. After we finished the first figure, everybody else joined us in the dance. And after that, the dances alternated with modern and traditional, so everyone got to dance her fill in the way she liked best. Me and Misa were on the floor almost all the time, trying to dance at least once with each and every guest. Of course that was thirsty work, and there was always more kiyu. So the end of our wedding feast is kind of a blur. I think there was dancing in the street too.
♀♥♀
prettydragoon
sinic
sinic

Post by prettydragoon »

Make and Misa's wedding (4/4)
But however it happened, the next morning the two of us woke up in our own bed in a silent apartment. A lot of the red ochre had smudged our sheets, but quite a bit was also spread all over our skin. "Good morning, wife", Misa said, smiling that special smile of hers that always gets me wet. "Good morning, wife", I answered, smiling back, and it was.

Eventually we did have to get out of bed and it was close to noon when we did. We were quite a sight! Red streaks and splotches all over, like some strange brown/red camouflage pattern. We dashed across the street to the bathhouse. Fortunately there weren't that many patrons there. Even so, my face was burning hot with embarrassment when they wished blessings on us.

Then it was back home for a bit of lunch and changing the sheets. Also, we double checked we had everything necessary packed for the honeymoon. Nothing adventurous, just a week's stay in a nice enough hotel in Susa. If we couldn't think of anything else to do, we could see all the museums and historic monuments. We did actually see quite a lot of those, because we both love history. But it's a honeymoon, and there are traditional ways to talk about honeymoons. So, soon Sari and Kane came to see us off. They got us a taxi and fed us a lovely dinner in a nice restaurant near the Central Station. Sari carried our bag into our compartment on board the night train to Susa and we kissed the two of them goodbye.

So now we are busy saving up so we can afford babies without having to take out a loan. Our thinking at least so far is Misa has the first one and I the second. After that, we'll see how we feel about more.
♀♥♀
prettydragoon
sinic
sinic

Post by prettydragoon »

Sari's cool adventure
Guys! Hey, guys! You'll never believe where I've been!

My comother took the whole family to the Rayañina Hills! We spent four whole days hiking the Kuroneko Taroneme National Park, and let me tell you, it's all true! The trees there, they turn the most awesome colours! It's not like a regular forest, where some trees have weird coloured leaves, but you get like one of each tree anywhere so it just looks like that tree is in flower. No, it's all the trees! They're all red and yellow and even purple! Everywhere! When you climb up a hill and see all the hills and valleys around you in red and yellow, it looks like you're on another planet! With weird alien chemistry!

They told me it's not like that all the time. For half the year the trees look like regular trees, but then they all turn these colours. All of them. Every year, like clockwork. And then the weather turns cold and the trees drop their leaves. All of them. And the next year it gets warmer again and the trees grow new leaves, and the whole cycle begins again.

They said it wasn't cold yet. Ha! I'm telling you, either they are full of shit or they have antifreeze in their veins. Maybe both. It sure felt as cold as a fridge to me, so I tried to keep moving when we were outdoors.

They sure eat a lot up there. And there's always hot drinks. Their favourite seems to be asato, some kind of combined broth and gruel. It's kinda odd, you don't expect broth to be so thick, but it's not bad. And it sure feels good after a long hike in that outdoor fridge. Everywhere they had hawkers selling deep fried panera tree leaves. Didn't have much of a flavour really, but I guess it's the seasonal thing. One night we had vitaru for dinner. They said it was the specialty of Vareahera Valley. Tasted greasy and bland. I think it was nothing but lard fried in more lard. But with enough hot sauce, it wasn't too bad.

So that was all awesome! Like a whole alien world!

See you when you come back!

Sari, the Scourge of the Spaceways!
♀♥♀
prettydragoon
sinic
sinic

Post by prettydragoon »

Remo, not "just a girl"
"You can't do that! You're just a girl!" I grew up with that as a constant refrain. Who didn't? Now I am a person full grown, a wife and a valued employee. I still get dismissed as "just a girl". Not much longer, though. After today's operation, I won't be a girl any more.

The nurse shows me to an anteroom. I take off all my things, my belt and sandals, and put them in a drawer with my name on it. Now I'm feeling nervous. There's a restroom here, so I go use the toilet. When I'm washing my hands afterward, my hands start to shake. I take a couple of deep breaths. I can do this. I look myself in the mirror. Not too grey in the face.

I walk out from the restroom. The nurse is there, smiling. She must have seen it all before. She takes me to the chamber. It looks totally bare. Otherwise an ordinary hospital room. Ceiling glowing soft white. Walls institutional green. No windows, that's different. Also, the floor is soft, springy. Covered with exercise mats or something similar. Also, another door in the wall opposite.

"This is it", says the nurse. I sit down on the floor. That brings me face to face with her vulva. I think she trims her pubes to show off her labia. I say nothing, I just smile up at her. Who am I, to lecture a total stranger about vanity? She reminds me I'll need to be fully relaxed. She asks if I would like some magazines or vids for inspiration. I say no, I have a pretty vivid imagination. "Very good", she says and smiles. I think I'm just imagining there's something more in her smile, but then she leaves the room. And at the door she turns back and blows me a kiss and then she walks out.

I'm a happily married woman but I can look, can't I? I'm not going to try anything, so why not? I close my eyes and think of last night with my wife. And a threesome with the nurse. And I touch myself until I cum. And I forget for a moment that as soon as I catch my breath, another nurse will come in through that second door and bring me a male.
♀♥♀
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

nice (:

maybe I should also make mine

I have also followed you on deviantart and have seen you developing Ririenutire to a great extent on CWS in case you wonder
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
prettydragoon
sinic
sinic

Post by prettydragoon »

k1234567890y wrote: 25 Jan 2021 07:33 nice (:

maybe I should also make mine
DOOO EEET

*ahem* I mean, I think that is a very good idea.
I have also followed you on deviantart and have seen you developing Ririenutire to a great extent on CWS in case you wonder
It's a narrow world, isn't it?
♀♥♀