A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by shimobaatar »

DesEsseintes wrote:
doomie wrote:this upcoming NaNoWriMo
I so want to try NaNoWriMo and yet I know I never will...

[:$]
Oh, shoot, that's coming up, isn't it? Maybe this will finally be the year I do it, I say, as if I weren't going to college.
KaiTheHomoSapien
greek
greek

Post by KaiTheHomoSapien »

I guess I can get out of NaNoWriMo by using college apps as an excuse, but it would be nice to get started on a new novel I just formulated in the past week. Either that or I can add 50,000 words to my already bloated second novel...
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

I developed a Silvish transliteration for Russian Cyrillic because priorities. So now they can write to their hearts' content about Tciaicovschy and Rahmàninov, Hrouc'tciòv and Tolstoi.
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

The new mountain ranges of Sedi are coming along nicely. Unlike Earth, there are a lot more mountains higher than 4000m above sea level. There is a green spot on the bottom continent which is the planet's largest impact crater.
Spoiler:
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

Certainly some odd triangular and uniform geographical features going on there... [xP]
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

My Yélian LateX grammar is now at 16 pages. Only a minor accomplishment as my current reference grammar in Word is already at about 50 pages. I plan on having about 150 pages of grammar in the end.
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Fluffy8x
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Fluffy8x »

Redid my grammar of Necarasso Cryssesa (shitty 2013 – 2015 era conlang) to look like this, because I could and I wanted to. And boy, did I love words that start with E. (Now, I love words that start with T and K. Maybe my meatspace handle has to do with it.)
The creator of ŋarâþ crîþ v9.
LinguistCat
sinic
sinic

Post by LinguistCat »

Re: Nanowrimo

Remember you can always attempt it and even if you don't succeed, you still have more work done toward a novel than if you'd done nothing! Even one day of work toward that goal is better than none.
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

I re-did my Lexicon page on frath (http://www.frathwiki.com/Vingdagese/Lexicon) and I made some minor orthographic shifts in the romanization. I also created a character that will likely mean "reduplicate." But I'm not sure if I really wanna use it.
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

I re-did my Lexicon page on frath (http://www.frathwiki.com/Vingdagese/Lexicon)
Let's go Vingdagese, Let's go !!!!
*clap* *clap* "clap"
:mrgreen:
I also created a character that will likely mean "reduplicate."

W00T
:!:
Spoiler:
(secretly jealous b/c I should have something like that in Yauchun. Hmm… wonder if there's an iteration mark in cuneiform script…?? )
Oh. They did! Two vertical strokes. And here's an example of it:

https://twitter.com/nicksherman/status/ ... 0459807744

Extra big dollop of NOICE!
:mrgreen:
Go Go Asian :con: scripts !
Hiros in a half-shell:
Asian :con: scripts!

(OOps! Just realized I mashed Power-Rangers and TMNT themes in that little ditty. Hee hee!)
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

Mixed 90s theme songs or not, I do appreciate the enthusiasm!
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

I finally learned the keyboard shortcut for no-break spaces, and my life has never been the same. French and Silvish use them a bunch, and inserting them without a shortcut has been a real pain.
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

In wiki markup it's  .
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

Finally wrote out a proper section on Frislandian morphophonology (which I probably should have done ages ago), including a generalised account of vowel reduction and description of the consonant mutations caused by different affixes together in a single section rather than spread out through the grammar idiosyncratically. Now all I need to do is create examples for that section... and make a start on syntax... and derivation...
Parlox
greek
greek

Post by Parlox »

Gwynwth, my welsh descendant conlang, now has a complete list of forms of bod. Although i'm not sure how to approach consonant mutations as i don't understand them.
:con: Gândölansch (Gondolan)Feongkrwe (Feongrkean)Tamhanddön (Tamanthon)Θανηλοξαμαψⱶ (Thanelotic)Yônjcerth (Yaponese)Ba̧supan (Basupan)Mùthoķán (Mothaucian) :con:
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

Some folks wanted to see the cards I had made in another thread... so I worked on an entire new rank for one of them and then compiled an image showing a good deal of them so that folks can see what they look like. I haven't the foggiest what game one would play with the more brightly colored cards in the first spoiler, but I think if there is only one of each card pictured (maybe 2x of the wilds and 2x of each "blank" card, we'd have something like a deck of 37 cards. Which is a fantastic number, to be sure.
Spoiler:
As for this second deck of cards? Well, I didn't feel like making a new showcase image for it, but there was already a collection of cards in an array, so I used that one. There are a number of suits, some of which share their style if not their name with modern French suits. However, there are some new ones as well including: Crystal/Glass (a unique set of crystal ball cards that are numbered without any court cards), Blood, and Cups. Also, the court cards follow the convention of chess pieces in their names, rather than traditional court names... This particular style has since been abandoned for another more realistic take on the cards. I never quite got that one done... so I can't really show it off, but suffice it to say I am much more proud of those, especially the suit of Wands in that one (which is in the last spoiler)!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
bbbourq
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by bbbourq »

I just created a preliminary phonology of my next language, tentatively called Dhakhsh [ ðæxʃ ]:

Consonants:

/ p b t d k g q ɢ ʔ /
/ m n ɲ ŋ /
/ r ʀ /
/ f v θ ð s z ʃ ʒ x h /
/ j /
/ l /
/ t͡ʃ d͡ʒ /

Vowels:
/ i ɯ u /
/ o /
/ ə /
/ œ /
/ æ ɒ /

Quite the work in progress, but it's a start.
Last edited by bbbourq on 16 Oct 2017 05:59, edited 2 times in total.
https://lortho.conlang.org

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
bbbourq
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by bbbourq »

Thrice Xandvii wrote:Some folks wanted to see the cards I had made in another thread... so I worked on an entire new rank for one of them and then compiled an image showing a good deal of them so that folks can see what they look like …
This is some impressive work. I like it!
https://lortho.conlang.org

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

I created/coined my 69th entry for the Vingdagese dictionary:
bbbourq wrote:This is some impressive work. I like it!
Thanks!
Fluffy8x
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Fluffy8x »

Start of a new language. Maybe.

For those of you who don't understand what I wrote there, I just listed some consonants:

/t d s z ɬ ɮ tɬ dɮ l tʼ tɬʼ qʼ ɓ/

which is an intentionally odd consonant inventory.
The creator of ŋarâþ crîþ v9.