Con-Script Development Centre

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Shemtov
runic
runic

Re: Con-Script Development Centre

Post by Shemtov »

The nĆaulaosz Script is based on the Momčalsumai script. As a reminder, this is what that script looked like:
The sounds not in nĆaulaosz (aspirates and labiovelars) are obviously dropped, except the grapheme for /pʰ/ now stands for /f/.
Being a Thousand years later, a "cursive" script has developed, but "official" announcements and documents must be written in "Old Script".
I will state some basics of the script's composition, so some of the diacritics maybe understood: The following strokes are availible: Horizontal Line, Vertical Line, Ascending 90 degree diagonal, Descending 90 degree diagonal. All letters must contain one of the first two; the diagonals are only decoration. Also, each letter can only contain one each of the first two, The Vertical being the "primary" line if it contains both; ones featuring only a horizontal line will consider that the "Primary". All letters contain either a Vertical and Horizontal or a base and at least one diagonal, whose horizontal reach will be that of the horizontals in vertical-only letters, and whose height will be the same as the verticals in horizontal-only letters.
The graphemes for /ʃ ʒ/ are formed by putting a small version of the /j/ grapheme under the graphemes for /s z/.The same tactic is used for the i-onglide diphthongs. The Retroflexes are formed by a line parallel to the "primary" of the /t͡ʃ d͡ʒ s z/ graphemes. The same tactic is used for /ɫ/ from /l/, and /ɯ aɯ e o/ from /u au e o/(The e and o graphemes now represent /ɛ ɔ/. Lenited consonants are formed by putting a small /h/ grapheme under the consonant, including lenited forms that occur without lenition (/r x/). The /n/ grapheme is used the same way for eclipsed consonants.
An Example:
It says <Ćaulaoszith nDaonie> /t͡ʃaulɯʂiθ nɯnie/ "Of the Ćaulaosz People"
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
Reyzadren
greek
greek

Post by Reyzadren »

^As usual, liking the straight lines and sharp edges.

Also, the 2nd pic looks like an old file that I had with my conscript, ie, a poorly drawn Paint image XD
Image conlang summary | Image griushkoent thread
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

My conlang has come a long way since starting as this:
To this:

Much more polished.
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

The Classical Sikaz script is an alphabet, read from right-to-left. It has no way of expressing /ʔ/ and diphthongs are formed by stacking. The text after the thick line at the bottom says //ɹɛʊʔaɲit͡ʃ / "The King":
/ɹɛʊʔaɲit͡ʃat͡ʃ /
Spoiler:
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
shanoxilt
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by shanoxilt »

This is a Valentine's Day card in Sajem Tan.

Ţêvmê fûmötxytvâ doţot našët kaxekum dê!
/θɛvmɛ fʌmøtxytvɑ doθot næʃœt kæxekum dɛ/
תֶבמֶ פְמעֵטחעִטבָ דעֹתעֹט נַשׁעֶט כַחֵכֻם דֶ!
I love you with all my gallbladder!
Spoiler:
Click here to join the Common Honey server. Or click here for a general glossopoeia server.
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

I need some idea for what Ya, Wa, and Ha should be.

Letters, right to left: Ka Ga Xa Gha Nga | Pa Ba Ma | Ta Da Sa Za Na | Ca Ja Sha Zha | Lha La 'A
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

Those look great!
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Thrice Xandvii wrote: 02 Aug 2019 09:48 Those look great!
[+1] [tick]
masako
mayan
mayan

Post by masako »

Ahzoh wrote: 31 Jul 2019 07:06 I need some idea for what Ya, Wa, and Ha should be.

Letters, right to left: Ka Ga Xa Gha Nga | Pa Ba Ma | Ta Da Sa Za Na | Ca Ja Sha Zha | Lha La 'A
I love this.
g

o

n

e
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

Now in table form:
https://conworkshop.com/view_article.ph ... 99079f2f62

Not sure whether Ha fits with the rest of the letters, and I still can't think of glyphs for Ya and Wa.
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

Perhaps the strangest script I have ever made... I mean, it was inspired by the logo for a trucking company I saw drive past on the highway about a week or two ago. Sooooo. Yeah

Each pair of glyphs is (at the moment) for the same sound, but one is made to fit cleanly next to another glyph almost like stacking them. I also imagine that each line with start with the opposite orientation of the line before it, but that has yet to be tested as I haven't even bothered to assign meaning to any of them yet.

Thoughts? Anyone wanna try to make a handwritten version?
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

I have strongly liked everything here since my last previous post! (July 30 last year, a year and four days ago!)
lsd
greek
greek

Post by lsd »

Fine, in my taste I'd reduce the spaces between diagrams to harmonize...
as the example bellow...
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

That would be how it would be written if it weren't an example of the paired glyphs.

Also, I've crafted vowel markers as well which necessitates a bit of room above and below the lines
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Ahzoh wrote: 31 Jul 2019 07:06 I need some idea for what Ya, Wa, and Ha should be.

Very Arabickesque! The perfect script for a conworld suggestive of the Middle East!
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
lsd
greek
greek

Post by lsd »

Thrice Xandvii wrote: 04 Aug 2019 02:22 That would be how it would be written if it weren't an example of the paired glyphs.

I've crafted vowel markers as well which necessitates a bit of room above and below the lines
Another advantage for the regularity of tessellations is the possibility of escaping from the traditional direction "right> left"...
Not to mention the decorative / calligraphic side ...
By the way an abugida can easily switch to an alphabet, and vowel marks to autonomous signs ...
The advantage here is of importance ...
Thrice Xandvii
runic
runic

Post by Thrice Xandvii »

I'm picturing a form of poetry where lines are read backwards or what have you for two nested meanings.
Keenir
mayan
mayan

Post by Keenir »

maybe take some of the arcs (like Ka or Ga), and put dots or dashes inside the curve, rather than alongside it?
At work on Apaan: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4799
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

They'd have to be unique glyph shapes, like I've done for Ha. Of course maybe I'll represent them with Gha and Zha since i already represent ejectives using the same letters as the plain series.
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

I made the letter Wa:

Also some punctuation.