Uhoq Vernissage

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
Allekanger
cuneiform
cuneiform

Uhoq Vernissage

Post by Allekanger »

Last edited by Allekanger on 21 May 2023 16:30, edited 6 times in total.
Allekanger
cuneiform
cuneiform

Uhoq: Introduction

Post by Allekanger »

Last edited by Allekanger on 21 May 2023 16:30, edited 8 times in total.
Allekanger
cuneiform
cuneiform

Uhoq: Language

Post by Allekanger »

Last edited by Allekanger on 21 May 2023 16:30, edited 6 times in total.
Allekanger
cuneiform
cuneiform

Uhoq: Writing

Post by Allekanger »

Last edited by Allekanger on 21 May 2023 16:30, edited 3 times in total.
Aevas
admin
admin

Re: Uhoq Vernissage

Post by Aevas »

I enjoyed reading this presentation. It's well-structured and your images are pleasing to look at. It was a good selection of information for an initial presentation, I find. I look forward to seeing more [:)]

To what era of Earth's would Uhoq's present day compare, technology and quality of life-wise? How big is Uhoq geographically?
Allekanger wrote: 28 Mar 2020 17:03Map of Uhoq with subregions and cities marked.
I would suggest adding the relative positions of the major cities when you mention them below.
Allekanger wrote:LANGUAGE
I like the look of your language. The phonology feels simple with suitable quirks to go with it; I especially like the variation between /h/ and /v/.

Has the Auk dialect spread from a western core area? It looks like it has spread eastwards to previously non-Ivook speaking areas. The shape of its distribution reminds me of Mandarin Chinese in relation to the other Chinese languages.

Where was Nomad Ivook spoken? A possible suggestion could be to add a dotted are on the map to show it.
Allekanger wrote:WRITING
I like the look of your script, and I enjoyed reading about its development. It reminds me of the Inuktitut script, but more internally consistent in its design, or however I should express that. The division of the letters into sections of four reminds me of the Futhark; might that have been an inspiration?
Allekanger wrote:The writing direction was established as a mix of horisontal and vertical, where individual words were written in columns forming rows of sentences from left to right, top to bottom.
Is there any real-world prescedent for this?
Allekanger
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Allekanger »

Last edited by Allekanger on 21 May 2023 16:32, edited 2 times in total.
Allekanger
cuneiform
cuneiform

Uhoq: Climate and Vegetation

Post by Allekanger »

Last edited by Allekanger on 21 May 2023 16:29, edited 2 times in total.
Allekanger
cuneiform
cuneiform

Uhoq: Landscape and Places

Post by Allekanger »

Last edited by Allekanger on 21 May 2023 16:29, edited 4 times in total.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Just checking in to say how much I've been enjoying your work! (And also thanks for fixing the broken links!)
Allekanger
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Allekanger »

elemtilas wrote: 23 Apr 2020 00:56 Just checking in to say how much I've been enjoying your work! (And also thanks for fixing the broken links!)
Thank you! =) I'm glad you like it! I was worried the last post had too much text and information in it for people to be bothered to take it on, but I guess it works then.

I didn't know the links were broken and I didn't know I fixed them, but I'm happy they work anyway! =)
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Allekanger wrote: 25 Apr 2020 11:18
elemtilas wrote: 23 Apr 2020 00:56 Just checking in to say how much I've been enjoying your work! (And also thanks for fixing the broken links!)
Thank you! =) I'm glad you like it! I was worried the last post had too much text and information in it for people to be bothered to take it on, but I guess it works then.

I didn't know the links were broken and I didn't know I fixed them, but I'm happy they work anyway! =)
Indeed! Well, one map and a couple images weren't working; and then they were; so some magic got done!

As for longer posts, I may not be the best person to gauge whether they work or not by! If you look at my world's thread, you'll see I tend towards long posts.

Just keep your world coming and we'll be content! :mrgreen:
Allekanger
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Allekanger »

elemtilas wrote: 25 Apr 2020 14:04 As for longer posts, I may not be the best person to gauge whether they work or not by! If you look at my world's thread, you'll see I tend towards long posts.
I did, and I really enjoy reading your stories, so I'll go for long posts too!
elemtilas wrote: 25 Apr 2020 14:04 Just keep your world coming and we'll be content! :mrgreen:
I'll try my best!