CBB Conlang Relay XII - FINISHED!!

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
littlesalmon
rupestrian
rupestrian

Re: CBB Conlang Relay XII - IT BEGINS (signups remain open)

Post by littlesalmon »

I would like to join too, as an excuse to flesh out some of the less basic grammar features, and, of course, the vocabulary. The langage will be itota itiko, as it's the only conlang that I'm still actively working on.
216 always explains everything. ilaki onito itota ti ji ji ti akina itota ma. 216 всегда всё объясняет.
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

littlesalmon wrote: 16 Jul 2020 02:49 I would like to join too, as an excuse to flesh out some of the less basic grammar features, and, of course, the vocabulary. The langage will be itota itiko, as it's the only conlang that I'm still actively working on.
Welcome aboard! [:D] Let me know if you want moving up the queue for whatever reason :)
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
let us live in a dirty world
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Torch sent to alynnidalar!
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

Iyionaku wrote: 16 Jul 2020 11:44 Torch sent to alynnidalar!
Received [:D]
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
alynnidalar
greek
greek

Post by alynnidalar »

And received!
Salmoneus
MVP
MVP

Post by Salmoneus »

So, instead of 72 hours, it took me... a week. I'm not great at realistic goal-setting. In my defence, I've not done this before. There were only one or two minor points in the grammar I needed to clarify for myself, and a few words to create - but it's surprising how much time it takes to gather grammatical information from several sources and try to compress it down into a brief summary. I know I ended up including a few details that are superfluous, to leave a more coherent whole, and I'm sure there must have been something utterly essential that I completely failed to mention...

Thanks to Jack for a text with some syntactic interest, though.
Click
runic
runic

Post by Click »

Received.
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

Salmoneus wrote: 18 Jul 2020 15:45 So, instead of 72 hours, it took me... a week. I'm not great at realistic goal-setting. In my defence, I've not done this before. There were only one or two minor points in the grammar I needed to clarify for myself, and a few words to create - but it's surprising how much time it takes to gather grammatical information from several sources and try to compress it down into a brief summary. I know I ended up including a few details that are superfluous, to leave a more coherent whole, and I'm sure there must have been something utterly essential that I completely failed to mention...

Thanks to Jack for a text with some syntactic interest, though.
You're welcome! [:D] Torch received.
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
alynnidalar
greek
greek

Post by alynnidalar »

Oof, I'm also going to need an extension. Just haven't had the focus time to buckle down and get it done.
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

alynnidalar wrote: 19 Jul 2020 01:35 Oof, I'm also going to need an extension. Just haven't had the focus time to buckle down and get it done.
No worries—take all the time you need. [:)]
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

If this is how far it's going to be delayed I think I'm either going to have to drop out or be shunted to the end, cause I don't think I'm going to have access to my laptop at the time period it currently looks like I'm supposed to be doing my leg in.
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

Frislander wrote: 19 Jul 2020 02:19 If this is how far it's going to be delayed I think I'm either going to have to drop out or be shunted to the end, cause I don't think I'm going to have access to my laptop at the time period it currently looks like I'm supposed to be doing my leg in.
[:O] Would swapping you with brblues fix the issue? If not you can certainly be moved later—how much later in the ring would you need to go?
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
Salmoneus
MVP
MVP

Post by Salmoneus »

Since Click hasn't replied, here or by PM, maybe they've not started, and Frislander could be bumped up to start now?
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

Salmoneus wrote: 19 Jul 2020 13:28 Since Click hasn't replied, here or by PM, maybe they've not started, and Frislander could be bumped up to start now?
Click wrote: 18 Jul 2020 15:51Received.
It does appear Click has received the torch.
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
Salmoneus
MVP
MVP

Post by Salmoneus »

Oh, sorry, I missed that post.
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

Frislander wrote: 19 Jul 2020 02:19 If this is how far it's going to be delayed I think I'm either going to have to drop out or be shunted to the end, cause I don't think I'm going to have access to my laptop at the time period it currently looks like I'm supposed to be doing my leg in.
Apparently Click might take a bit longer too, so probably simplest for you move to later in the relay, if that's ok with you?
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

Jackk wrote: 19 Jul 2020 18:13
Apparently Click might take a bit longer too, so probably simplest for you move to later in the relay, if that's ok with you?
Yes please, that would be welcome. I can confirm that I will be properly back in from holiday in time for my birthday on the 7th August, so feel free to place me somewhere where that is when I'll be receiving if that's OK.
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

Frislander wrote: 20 Jul 2020 00:28
Jackk wrote: 19 Jul 2020 18:13
Yes please, that would be welcome. I can confirm that I will be properly back in from holiday in time for my birthday on the 7th August, so feel free to place me somewhere where that is when I'll be receiving if that's OK.
Done. [tick]
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
alynnidalar
greek
greek

Post by alynnidalar »

All right folks, I'm sorry but I think I'm going to have to drop out. Stuff just keeps coming up and I keep pushing back finishing the translation, so I think it's time to just pass it to the next person!

I can forward along the details to Parlox, or Jackk/Iyionaku can do it?
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

alynnidalar wrote: 22 Jul 2020 18:10 All right folks, I'm sorry but I think I'm going to have to drop out. Stuff just keeps coming up and I keep pushing back finishing the translation, so I think it's time to just pass it to the next person!

I can forward along the details to Parlox, or Jackk/Iyionaku can do it?
I'm sorry to hear that! I can handle forwarding the details to Parlox.
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug