The inso thread returns

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

The inso thread returns

Post by Khemehekis »

From the nation of Tenta, their equivalent of Myers-Briggs, the enneagram or auras. I see myself as green, with an element of red in me.

Belesudo ("mind-typology") is a typology of personality types developed by Tenta's practitioners of Fifunolu mysticism. It revolves around eight insos (originally seven), "inso" being the Tentan word for color. These are believed to be the wavelengths of the human soul. Each inso reigns over a different domain of human endeavour. The insos are also associated with different neurotypes. They cover a person's values, interests, qualities and faults. More than one can be present in a person, but seldom more than three. A person may also change inso over the course of his/her life.

Red: The red inso is associated with creativity. It is the color of passion, of impulse, of flair. People whose inso is red are essentially artists and have an artistic approach to life. They may enjoy sitting around in a coffeeshop, talking about events in the newspaper with other red people, or just watching people outside walking their dogs. They savor every frisson they get from sipping their mochas. They have grand plans and grand ideas, and will view every morning, every day as another chance to work on their magnum opus. Red is associated with bipolar disorder, synaesthesia and histrionic personality disorder. Many enjoy abstract patterns, colors, sounds and flashing lights; they would not be out of place at a concert with strobe lighting. One may be a guitar virtuoso, another may enjoy beating drums, a third may write superb poetry, a fourth might cook the world's best pifonushuri, a fifth might excel in oil painting and yet another might design logos for social movements. They can see both the forest and the trees at different times, then collate their observations to get a perfect finished project. Many are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgendered. Their stone is the ruby and their fruit is the pomegranate. Their bird is the toucan, their mammal is the capuchin monkey, their insect is the praying mantis and their aquatic animal is the octopus. Red rules the kidneys.

Orange: The orange inso covers intellectual and scientific endeavours. The orange people of the world are its nerds and geeks, excelling at programming computers, making astronomical observations, piecing together genomes, developing rockets, cloning extinct species and fixing ansibles. They prefer clothing that is functional and comfortable. Orange people show no interest in fashion, youth culture (even when young) or gossip. They prefer things that are intellectually stimulating and meaningful. They want their entertainment to raise the IQ of the people partaking in it rather than lower it. Orange is associated with Asperger's, schizoid personality disorder and social anxiety disorder. Orange people's attention to detail makes them excellent mathematicians, oceanographers, nuclear physicists and malacologists. Orange is also the color of obsessive fascination; their interests can become intense, moreso than the interests of any of the other insos, even red. They show less interest in the human side of things, and would rather be alone reading than with others at a party. Their stone is the garnet and their fruit is the hibita. Their bird is the crow, their mammal is the elephant, their insect is the pakajooma and their aquatic animal is the squid. Orange rules the brain (traditionally the spleen).

Yellow: Yellow is the inso of the understanding of normal human communication. Yellow people are very attuned to other people's facial expressions, gestures and posture, and always correctly interpret other humans' moods and intentions therefrom. They can walk into any social situation and instantly figure out how they are expected to behave. And behave as expected they do. Yellow is the inso associated with deference to social conventions; yellow people are rigidly conventional and, unless you are an orange person, you will instantly be able to tell when a yellow person is put off by deviation from the norms of his/her culture. Yellow people tend to be cultural relativists and have a weak central sense of right and wrong. They enjoy making small talk, and participating in niceties, not to mention entertaining guests -- and yes, they even participate in gossip. Yellow is associated with the neurotypical neurotype. They excel in organization man jobs where appearance and conformity rather than accomplishing a specific task are the main focus. Their stone is the jasper and their fruit is the plum. Their bird is the swallow, their mammal is the horse, their insect is the ant and their aquatic animal is the sardine. Yellow rules the throat.

Purple: The purple inso has a dual focus: physical endeavours and sociopathy. Purple people aim to be the fastest runners, the most impressive gymnasts, the most profound swimmers, the greatest haitokal players. Their iron will gives them the ability to excel in sports, yet also gives them a hint of a fascist appearance. Their politics are conservative to the point of machismo, and the people of other colors can never tell if they are joking when they shout that a certain planet should be nuked. These are the jocks, the people who on Earth would join fraternities, swilling multiple beers in a row and knowing how to party. Like yellow people, people whose inso is purple are very good at understanding other people and how they work, and figuring out what motivates a particular person; however, purple people use this for shady purposes; their associated neurotype is that of the sociopath. The people who are stealing elections, starting Nigerian scams, telling old ladies they'll help them cross the street only to steal their purses -- these are purple people. Their stone is the lapis lazuli and their fruit is the grape. Their bird is the eagle, their mammal is the buku, their insect is the kobati and their aquatic animal is the shark. Purple rules the liver.

Green: In some ways, green is the opposite of the yellow inso. Green is the color of disobedience to social conventions. Green people do drugs that are illegal in the country where they live, they spit in public, they use profanity, they wear cut-offs to funerals, they go naked in public. It is no coincidence that green is the color of vomit, as green people enjoy all that is gross. They excel in scatological humor, and their appearance is unkempt. They view social conventions as arbitrary memes that unjustly limit a person's freedom and decide to devote their lives to destroying them; green is, in fact, the most libertarian/anarchistic of the eight insos. Greens are born rebels, who lead civil disobedience movements and form both the leadership and rank-and-file of revolutionary movements like the Zapatistas of Mexico or the Photyanukhas of Kupulshas. Be they fighting for unions or equal rights for youth, they will oppose governments and corporations that try to keep the people down. This inso is associated with Tourette syndrome. Their stone is the emerald and their fruit is the sansoma. Their bird is the seagull, their mammal is the dog, their insect is the blowfly and their aquatic animal is the starfish. Green rules the bladder.

In many human countries, such as Kankonia, Shaleya, Itreol or now Tenta itself, social conventions have been weakened or completely uprooted with cultural modernization. Anarchy, thelemarchy and minarchy have ended the criminalization of drugs in many places. As fish completely surrounded by water, it is becoming increasingly hard to pick out the green people in these countries.

Pink: The pink inso is all about relationships and true love. Pink people understand other people, like yellow people, but while the relationship of yellow people with others is more collegial, pink is about developing true friendships. Pink people are nice, throwing parties for others, sharing fruit with them and offering to drive someone to an appointment. Pink is also the inso of trends and all that is trendy; they like the latest clothes, ash stars, games, drinks and slang words. The persona of pink people is bubbly, with an effervescence powered by an inner current of indomitable energy. Pink people become desolate when they lose a loved one. They develop the most intense romantic and sexual relationships out of any of the insos, being amorous types who would love to give their boyfriend or girlfriend a box full of chocolates. Teen-age girls who are going boy-crazy are pink people. The weakness of pink people is their dependence, and in fact this is the inso of dependent personality disorder. Their stone is the amethyst and their fruit is the mango. Their bird is the bird-of-paradise, their mammal is the rabbit, their insect is the butterfly and their aquatic animal is the dolphin. Pink rules the lungs.

Blue: Blue is the inso associated with spirituality. It covers religion, as well as the new-age, the paranormal, the unknown. All the original Fifanolas had some blue in them. Avid practitioners of Jokulipa, or of Hazumas, or of Mikoni, or of Tumar, or of Shotisha, or of Heshraxud, or of Sumakhar are blue people. So are those who are into Bodusian spirituality, or Fifunolu. Blue people are so in touch with their psychic dimension that they may be able to predict people's names before they are introduced to them, or predict the future better than Nostradamus did, or sense when a loved one has been in an accident. Blueness can be cultivated over a lifetime, and those who are blue may recall past incarnations as children and commune with those who have passed on after developing their blue inso as they get older. Their spirits are very much alive even in old age. Approaching the perfect sphere, blue people have the roundest average bodily shape of any of the insos. They rival red people in their passions and, in contrast with yellow and purple people, have a strong sense of morality. This inso is also associated with schizotypal personality disorder. Their stone is the sapphire and their fruit is the fig. Their bird is the penguin, their animal is the baboon, their insect is the dung beetle and their aquatic animal is the bmosa. Blue rules the intestines.

Indigo: The eighth inso, indigo, was added in recent times. Indigo people have a new level of social consciousness to them. They have the same spiritual awareness as blue people, but use it to help others. Saving the environment of their nation, their planet, their universe is a characteristically indigo goal. Indigo people have already appeared on Earth by now, and can be found participating in Greenpeace. Indigo people work to house homeless people, end hunger across the galaxy and the universe, cure tuberculosis and khoset and save girls from getting clitoridectomies. Indigo people do not have a "What's in it for me?" mentality; they feel the cries of others as if they were their own. Like blue people, those who are indigo are firmly defensive of what's right and militantly aggressive against what's wrong. They may go into social work or such lines and excel therein, but their true calling is volunteering rather than careering. Their stone is the bloodstone and their fruit is the passionfruit. Their bird is the peacock, their mammal is the ominaph, their insect is the firefly and their aquatic animal is the whale. Indigo rules the heart.

Most people who are into Belesudo these days identify as indigo, and some claim to be part indigo and part blue. They are proud to tell people they are "Tamfai" (indigos).

If someone is a combination of these types, certain characteristics of one inso (be they positive or negative) may be muted. For instance, a person who is both purple and pink, while being an expert discus thrower, will have the purple tendency to use or mislead others negated by the kind nature of his pink factor. A person who is both red and yellow may be too unconventional, being red, for the social conformity of yellow people to show.
Last edited by Khemehekis on 12 Nov 2017 02:47, edited 1 time in total.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
SLiV
sinic
sinic

Re: The inso thread returns

Post by SLiV »

Definitely orange.

But,
Khemehekis wrote:Red: (...)
Many are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgendered. (...)
What does sexual orientation have to do with creativity, passion or flair?

I would not deny that homosexuals (such as myself, btw) tend to be more creative and have more 'flair', but saying that few 'reds' are heterosexual seems a bit ridiculous.
:nld: native | :eng: fluent | :deu: :fra: :esp: reading | :lat: :grc: translating
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

SLiV wrote:Definitely orange.

But,
Khemehekis wrote:Red: (...)
Many are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgendered. (...)
What does sexual orientation have to do with creativity, passion or flair?

I would not deny that homosexuals (such as myself, btw) tend to be more creative and have more 'flair', but saying that few 'reds' are heterosexual seems a bit ridiculous.
The description says many. Many does not have to be a majority. Just that reds are statistically more likely to be LGBT than the other types.
♂♥♂♀

Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Adding the answers of the other posters from the old thread:

Yiuel: orange and indigo
Rickardspaghetti: mostly red with some orange in there
Curlyjimsam: mostly red (probably some blue as well)
Maximillian: red with gentle touch of yellow
ashucky: blue and red with some indigo and some traces of orange and yellow, no green and purple, but possibly some microscopic traces of pink
Torco: orange with a hint of pink
erratio: orange with a touch of blue
'ek'obor: red and orange her "deviant" half, her alter; pink and blue her "me" hialf
Lijukaian Leader: red
abi: orange with some green mixed in
queerasaclockworkbanana: blue with speckles of everything except yellow and green
Jack: blue with bit of red and . . . uh, which color is connected with extreme laziness and unpredictable bursts of energy?
Leto Atreides: mixture of pink, orange and yellow -- which is dominant depends at the moment
MrKrov: red and orange
♂♥♂♀

rickardspaghetti
roman
roman

Post by rickardspaghetti »

I think I'm actually equally red and orange. Dark orange? Is there such an inso?
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。
Spoiler:
Ǧ Š Ȟ Ž Č

ǧ š ŋ ȟ ž č
:swe: [:D] :vgtl: [:D] :eng: [:)] :ita: [:|] :lkt: [:'(]
SLiV
sinic
sinic

Post by SLiV »

Khemehekis wrote:The description says many. Many does not have to be a majority. Just that reds are statistically more likely to be LGBT than the other types.
AFAIC, "many" does imply at least a quarter. That's way more then the statistical 10%. (I agree that "few" was a bit exaggerated.)
:nld: native | :eng: fluent | :deu: :fra: :esp: reading | :lat: :grc: translating
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

SLiV wrote:AFAIC, "many" does imply at least a quarter.
Your natove language is Dutch, right? I'm a native English speaker and I've never heard that definition of many. In non-statistical contexts (absolute number rather than percentage), 100 would usually be considered many. In contexts of percentage, I would ose the word to mean "a statistically significant higher percentage than others to which something is compared".

I searched for the juxtaposition of "many" and "at least a quarter" and can't find that definition:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp& ... 8db929eee0

I also tried Googling "how many is many", and didn't find a conclusive answer.
That's way more then the statistical 10%.
Isn't it just 10% that are gay or lesbian? That would mean that more than 10% of the population as a whole would be LGBT if you added in the bisexuals and transgender people.

So, exactly what percentage of reds ARE something other than either straight or asexual? The topic has never been studied, as far as I know. What would be really neat would be to have a Quizilla/SelectSmart kind of test where a person found out what his/her best-matching inso was, and we asked questions for research about the person's gender, sexual orientation, generation, etc. so we could compare.
(I agree that "few" was a bit exaggerated.)
That would explain what you said. I was thinking "Few? I never said that few reds were straight!"
♂♥♂♀

MrKrov
banned

Post by MrKrov »

More orange than red these days but still the same two.
Avjunza
sinic
sinic

Post by Avjunza »

Green, with a little Red and Pink. Forget the whole grossness bit from the Green though; I'm almost purely the anarchistic/rebellious aspect, plus the drugs. I guess that makes me Camouflage-colour. Awesome. Viva la resistance!
Raydred
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Raydred »

I can see parts of red, orange and purple.
Veris
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Veris »

What's mocha frission? Also, is this supposed to be a system of typology that can accurately categorize humans, or is this specific to the Tenta people (Tenta-cles, I like to call them :p)? Also, I notice many of the mentioned insects and fruit and such are con creations, rather than things in our world. Wanna describe them each a bit?

Also, vomit is not green. Or do you mean in the world of Tenta? But the green inso you described doesn't match libertarianism or anarchy, as far as I know them.

"Pink people become desolate when they lose a loved one."
Then aren't all Earth humans Pink Insos?

"Blue people are so in touch with their psychic dimension that they may be able to [...] predict the future better than Nostradamus."
Which is to say, "at all?" :p
Last edited by Veris on 01 Apr 2013 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
á (0225); í (0237); ú (0250); é (0233); ó (0243)
Á (0193); Í (0205); Ú (0218); É (0201); Ó (0211)
LetoAtreides
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by LetoAtreides »

Veris wrote:But the green inso you described doesn't match libertarianism or anarchy, as far as I know them.
I doubt that libertarians and anarchists are psychologically similar. Libertarians often seem to be "purple", some of them (like the infamous Korwin) look forward to see "the invisible hand of the market" letting down the "inferior races".
Testyal
roman
roman

Post by Testyal »

I'm highly red and orange
:deu: :fra: :zho: :epo:
Bristel
sinic
sinic

Post by Bristel »

I'm red, yellow and pink, in a mostly equal mixture, but they all pop out randomly sometimes.

I disagree with Leto's view on libertarians, along with the OP's conception that libertarians can be described similarly with anarchists.

I describe myself libertarian, but I view that all political orientations have an equal amount of "purple" people in them.
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīqua cupiditāte illectus hōc agō.
[tiː.mɔ.tʉɥs god.lɐf hɑwk]
Veris
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Veris »

LetoAtreides wrote:
Veris wrote:But the green inso you described doesn't match libertarianism or anarchy, as far as I know them.
I doubt that libertarians and anarchists are psychologically similar. Libertarians often seem to be "purple", some of them (like the infamous Korwin) look forward to see "the invisible hand of the market" letting down the "inferior races".
No, no, the point is, you can't pin down someone's personality based on their political or philosophical ideals. Or anything else extraneous for that matter. There's douchebaggy asshole gay men, there's incredibly kind-hearted, compassionate Red Staters, there's porn-loving feminists, there's money-grubbing anarchists, and anything else you can think of. Well, this inso thing is doing the opposite, actually -- affixing political ideals and philosophical stances to personality types. Poorly-conceived personality types, at that, whose distinctions are completely arbitrary.

It's fun to make these sorts of systems, of course, I'm not discouraging Khemehekis, I'm just saying we shouldn't forget that it's just as silly as a horoscope. And again, I don't think Khemehekis really explained the insos all that well; they rely upon his personal assumptions that people who are X way are also Y way but are not Z way, but he hasn't explained how those assumptions work to the rest of us.
LetoAtreides
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by LetoAtreides »

I think there is some connection between personality and philosophical stances. It's easy to imagine aggressive people adhering readily to fascistic or Nietzschean worldview. But of course, there are external influences on most people's ideologies as well.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

I'll deal with the objections to the typology in this post, and describing the life-forms in the next.
Veris wrote:What's mocha frission?
The frisson one gets while drinking a mocha.
Also, is this supposed to be a system of typology that can accurately categorize humans, or is this specific to the Tenta people (Tenta-cles, I like to call them :p)?
Belesudo was invented by Tentans to describe other Tentans, but people who believe in this "science" believe that it can accurately categorize people of all planetary origins, as long as they're human (non-human species have different natures). The belief goes that, much like auras, a red person's soul is actually, factually red and a purple person's soul is actually, factually, purple. These are supposed to be the wavelengths of the human soul.
Also, vomit is not green.
The color name puke green?
"Pink people become desolate when they lose a loved one."
Then aren't all Earth humans Pink Insos?
Good point. I'll rewrite this to "Pink people become the most desolate of all the insos when they lose a loved one."
"Blue people are so in touch with their psychic dimension that they may be able to [...] predict the future better than Nostradamus."
I could have used a Terran name with much more impressive predictions, such as Beverly Jaegers, but I decided to use Nostradamus instead because most of my readers on Earth would know who he is.
♂♥♂♀

Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Now, the plants and animals.

Hibita -- the hibita is an orange, elongated fruit that grows on trees. It is shaped something like a maraca.

Pakajooma -- the pakajooma is the insect class' answer to the tarantula. Its name in Lehola Interplanetary English (the variety of English adapted for discussing things in the Lehola Galaxy) comes from a language that was spoken on the Kankonian island of Nolaata, where it is native, before one-world government and language. The Nolaatan pronunciation is /pakaˈdʒoːma/. This is one of the largest insects, and the most intelligent insect on many of the planets where it is native. It is thick legs and mandibles like a tarantula's. It crawls in trees and eats rodents.

Buku -- the buku is an animal related to the pig, peccary and hippopotamus. It enjoys butting creatures and people with the spongy horn on its nose, which resembles the hairstyles on some African statues.

Kobati -- the kobati is arguably the most athletic of insects, swinging from branch to branch with its legs. Its hind legs are cooped up in the honeypot-shaped shell on its back into which it can return for protection, so all its strength is in its front legs.

Sansoma -- the sansoma is a tropical, green, plum-shaped fruit native to Junsu, the planet where Tenta is located. Much like the durian, it smells bad.

Bmosa -- the bmosa is a blue deep-sea fish. The shape of its head and tailfin cause it to resemble two equally-sized diamonds with a rectangle joining them.

Ominaph -- the ominaph is a white ape with Yorkshire-terrier-like cheek hair found on some planets. It is known for its pacifism.
♂♥♂♀

Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

LetoAtreides wrote:
I was speaking of the Peter McWilliams type libertarians. There are libertarians who could best be described with other colors, such as Milton Friedman, or possibly Ron Paul (although Ron Paul's sock-it-to-the-Man attitude seems very green).

Blue people seem to be all over the map, from conservative fundamentalists to socially conservative, eiscally liberal Catholics giving to charity to leftist mystics.

Maybe "leftist" or "radical" is the best way to describe the politics of your typical green person?
♂♥♂♀

Veris
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Veris »

LetoAtreides wrote:I think there is some connection between personality and philosophical stances. It's easy to imagine aggressive people adhering readily to fascistic or Nietzschean worldview. But of course, there are external influences on most people's ideologies as well.
It's also easy to imagine black people more easily committing stick-ups, homosexuals more easily sexually abusing children and Christians more easily bombing abortion centers. It's dangerous to assign attributes to people based on anything other than their behavior.
Khemehekis wrote:
Also, is this supposed to be a system of typology that can accurately categorize humans, or is this specific to the Tenta people (Tenta-cles, I like to call them :p)?
Belesudo was invented by Tentans to describe other Tentans, but people who believe in this "science" believe that it can accurately categorize people of all planetary origins, as long as they're human (non-human species have different natures). The belief goes that, much like auras, a red person's soul is actually, factually red and a purple person's soul is actually, factually, purple. These are supposed to be the wavelengths of the human soul.
If it's actually the wavelength of the soul, how come some people's personalities don't fit their insos? If it's as scientific as "this is based on the physical properties of your body," why is there any variation at all? Why aren't people all walking inso stereotypes?
Khemehekis wrote:
Also, vomit is not green.
The color name puke green?
That's just a crayon color and a cliche. Actual human vomit is anywhere from beige to pink. If you've drank something heavily dyed, it might be the color of that dye. For instance, I had been drinking cherry Kool-Aid before I got sick one time and my, erm, expellant was bright red. Normally, though, stomach acid is colorless, though it appears beige-ish or pink-ish due to mucus and bits of broken-down protein and such.
Khemehekis wrote:
I could have used a Terran name with much more impressive predictions, such as Beverly Jaegers, but I decided to use Nostradamus instead because most of my readers on Earth would know who he is.
Heh. Just nitpicking because you're taking this conworld concept and having us apply it to our real-world selves, but not making a clear distinction between where fiction ends and reality begins. I don't have any psychic powers, so I couldn't call myself a blue inso.
Last edited by Veris on 01 Apr 2013 18:06, edited 1 time in total.