The History of the Greater West

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Re: The History of the Greater West

Post by elemtilas »

Shemtov wrote: 21 Feb 2018 20:15 There are three Revelations in "Their" NT: The Revelation to St. John the Divine, which is missing the first three chapters, the "Number of the Beast" and has a very different view of the "Whore of Babylon", The Revelation to the Apostle Saul, which records what he supposedly saw and heard at the "Vision at the Border Town", and The Revelation and Confession of Judas the Accursed, where Jesus appears to Saul during his House Imprisonment, and Shows him the soul of Judas in Hell, who confesses his sin, but to no avail, and then points out places in Hell, to which Saul is guided by Jesus; It may be seen as a Canonical version of Dante's Inferno.
Oo, interesting!

Do you have the Revelation of Saul written, or is it more conceptual? Would be interesting to compare with the Gospel of Judas (from The World). There, the vision is also of Judas in Hell, but, having played his ordained part, he is taken out when once Jesus has ransacked the place and put paid to the proprietors.
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

elemtilas wrote: 21 Feb 2018 20:35
Shemtov wrote: 21 Feb 2018 20:15 There are three Revelations in "Their" NT: The Revelation to St. John the Divine, which is missing the first three chapters, the "Number of the Beast" and has a very different view of the "Whore of Babylon", The Revelation to the Apostle Saul, which records what he supposedly saw and heard at the "Vision at the Border Town", and The Revelation and Confession of Judas the Accursed, where Jesus appears to Saul during his House Imprisonment, and Shows him the soul of Judas in Hell, who confesses his sin, but to no avail, and then points out places in Hell, to which Saul is guided by Jesus; It may be seen as a Canonical version of Dante's Inferno.
Oo, interesting!

Do you have the Revelation of Saul written, or is it more conceptual? Would be interesting to compare with the Gospel of Judas (from The World). There, the vision is also of Judas in Hell, but, having played his ordained part, he is taken out when once Jesus has ransacked the place and put paid to the proprietors.
The Revelation of Saul, or as it's more commonly known, to differentiate it from the two other Revelations, The Vision, is different from The Revelation and Confession of Judas the Accursed,, whose nickname is Confession of Judas. The first is what Saul saw when he was called by Jesus. It Begins with the language of Acts 26:13-18:
The record and witness of Saul, Apostle and Slave or the Lord Christ Jesus, when he came the border town: I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining around me and my companions. When we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It hurts you to kick against the goads.’ I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’ The Lord answered, ‘I am Jesus whom you are persecuting. But get up and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you to serve and testify to the things in which you have seen and to those in which I will appear to you. I will rescue you from your people and from the Gentiles—to whom I am sending you to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’
It continues:
Behold- the Gentiles- I send you to them. Let me tell you of Salvation to the Foreskinned
And then lays out basic Sauline Theology.
Confession of Judas is a second Vision of Saul, where Judas is condemned in the harshest terms (an edited version of Gospel of Judas does appear in the Simonist scriptures.):
Then Judas shouted "Lord, Lord, O Lord, i have sinned. You heard my confession to this man Saul. Redeem me in your Grace." But The Lord Christ replied: "Judas, Judas, O Judas, what can I do for you? If you not taken your own life, if you, in life, had submitted to death, and to me, then I would have raised you, and your betrayal would be forgotten by all. But now you have died- it is too late- you cannot be Saved."
Another important difference is that the Gospel of John and the Petrine Epistles do not exist in their canon, but both are replaced by The Gospel According to Peter, which is a sayings Gospel, like Thomas, but is put in the context of a discourse given by Jesus just before his triumphal entry to Jerusalem. It contains a reparation of Matthew's Sermon on the Mount, with some additions of Luke's Sermon in the Plain, interspersed with Various Johanine parables, things that appear in the IRL Petrine letters, and the first thing Jesus says is:
In the Beginning,I was the word. And as the Word I was with G-d and was G-d. Through me all things were made; without me nothing was made that has been made.In Me was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.My light shines in the darkness, and the darkness will never overcome me.You do not understand this- some of you may swear me off for this- but you will understand when the Son of Man rises.
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

Shemtov wrote: 07 Mar 2018 03:15
Another important difference is that the Gospel of John and the Petrine Epistles do not exist in their canon, but both are replaced by The Gospel According to Peter, which is a sayings Gospel, like Thomas, but is put in the context of a discourse given by Jesus just before his triumphal entry to Jerusalem.
I want to add the reason for this:
Early churches Canon Lists did include the Four IRL Gospels- Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. However, a Sect called The Johanines, reacted to what they called"The Unharmony of The Gospels", that is, the nature of the Last Supper, and the date of the Crucifixion, by only accepting John as the true Gospel, with Matthew's Nativity inserted after the Prologue. Many of what would become "Orthodox" churches reacted to this by removing John, accepting the charges of "disharmony", but wanted a text that taught Johanine ideas, and wanted "four gospels" as that had became an essential part of their Christianity, seized on The Gospel According to Peter, which was a sayings gospel attributed to Peter (it was a compilation of the Petrine Epistles, with parts of Matthew and Luke added to make it look like that even though it was recorded by Peter, Jesus said the contents) with heavy Johanine edits, as a replacement. Many of these Churches had accepted the The Gospel According to Peter either as a book called The Last Sermon , or as an addition to Mark, just before the Entry record there.
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Oh, wow! [O.O] Oh, wow!
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

Shemtov wrote: 21 Feb 2018 20:15 . There is also an Epistle To the Athenians,
This is a short letter, one chapter, of 33 verses. It is placed after Philemon, as the early Canon-builders had trouble placing it: It is addressed to "The Church in Athens" AND "Dionysus, leader of those not of the seed of Abraham by blood in that Church", and has aspects of both the Church-addressed Epistles and the Pastorals. Later Theologians would consider it a unique kind of Epistle: The Evangelical Epistle.
It gives advice how Christians in the early Church should convert non-Jews "Do not be dragged into philosophical debate about their idols: Rather, prove the Prophets and Moses to them: But always intertwine how the Prophets foresaw Christ Jesus: His Crucifixion and Resurrection: The same proof your brothers give to Jews: Intertwined these proofs shall be: Like a well-woven tapestry,: Beautiful to the eyes, so be well-woven and proper to the ears:"-6-13.
It then goes on about keeping Christians "Faithful to the G-d of the Prophets, the Father of Christ", and then reiterates the points of 6-13.
In addition, the Christian OT is different there. In addition to the books of the Jewish Tanakh, it contains all the additional books of IRL Eastern Church, Enoch, and the Testament of the Twelve Tribes (Known there as the Wills of the Twelve Tribes). This last one is there to match with an additional NT book: The Wills of the Eleven Loyal Apostles, placed after the Catholic Epistles and before the Apocalypses, that give the supposed farewell speeches of each of the 11 Apostles. this was probably the last book written, The Will of Peter repeating a lot of The Gospel of Peter "As The Lord said".
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

elemtilas wrote: 05 Dec 2016 04:17

Do you have any of the Neo-Zoroastrian or Simonist texts worked out yet?
The Simonist Scriptures (Asfari Aysodh Adha'ath A'ameth A'av) contain the following books:
True Genesis: (Briyath A'ameth): A reworking of the first four chapters of Genesis and 5:1-8
Seth (Shith): Prophecies of Seth
Enoch (Hanokh): The Book of Enoch, with some changes to the Watchers, except the Noah Portions
Noah (Nowa): Noah portions of Enoch, Gen. 6-9, added comments
Chronicles of Three Patriarchs: (Dvari Ayåmim Shlosh Avoth): Edited Gen. 11-36
Chronicles of The Law: (Dvari Ayåmim Atorå): Edited rest of Narrative of Pentateuch
The Law of Moses: (Atoråth Moshe): Legal sections of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.
Song of Moses (Shirath Moshe): Deut. 32
Chronicles of The Israelites: (Dvari Ayåmim Bri Yilra'el): Edited Joshua, Judges, Samuel, Kings and Narrative portions of Isaiah
Ruth (Ruth)
Jonah (Yonåhu)
Zoroaster: (Zera' Da'athu): Tells how Zardustu, one of the descendants of Keturah encountered Jonah, met Elisha,who changed his name to Zera' Da'athu (Seed of Knowledge) and was charged to teach the Persians about G-d, but was corrupted (This book influenced Nog-Zardosht)
Lamentation of Zechariah son of Berachiah: (Kinath Skhariyåhu Bar Brakhiyåhu): Lamentations over the "Corruptions" of Daniel
The Lesser Gospel: (Ivaghkalyon Zutrå): Edited version of Luke, with proem of John (Johanine Christians were known to Simon).
The Greater Gospel: (Ivaghkalyon Rabå): Stories about Jesus not in Christian Gospels, including Infancy Gospel of Thomas, Gospel of Peter, Gospel of Judas, Acts of Thomas, Story of Mary Magdalene and her sex with Jesus
Sermon Gospel: (Ivaghkalyon Drashå): Gospel of Thomas
Lesser Epistle of James: (Mikhtaveth Ya'akov Notsri Zutrå): Book of James, edited
Greater Epistle of James: (Mikhtaveth Ya'akov Notsri Rabå): Letter attrib. to James, about Simonist cosmology and the "corruptions" of Saul of Tarsus
Lesser Epistle of Peter: (Mikhtaveth Kefa Zutrå): 1 & 2 Peter, edited
Greater Epistle of Peter: (Mikhtaveth Kefa Rabå): Letter attrib. to Peter, about Simonist cosmology and the "corruptions" of Saul of Tarsus
Simon and Batda'ath (Shimon UBatda'ath): Narrative of Simon and Batda'ath
Lesser Wisdom: (Da'ath Zutrå): Sections of Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Ben Sirach, Job and Wisdom of Solomon
Greater Wisdom: (Da'ath Rabå): Prophecies of Batda'ath
Secret of Wisdom: (Aysodh Adha'ath): Prophecies of Simon of Gaza
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

The beginning of the Simonist Book of Seth:
When his father Adam died, and the funereal was ended, Seth assembled his children and Tubal-Cain and his children (Tubal-Cain was the only one of the line of Cain to hearken to the Father, and his Son and Daughter). [Seth] spoke to them:
I am speaking of mysteries. I knew these since when I was pubescent.
The Son has ten names:
The Son
Son-of-Men
The Lamb
Hayim [Life]
The Lord
The-Gate-and-The-Way
The Spirit-of-Life
Jesus
Messiah [Christ]
Simon

And so for the daughter:
The Daughter
Pistith
Da'ath-Elyonith
Olåmkulå [Plemora]
Holy Spirit
Hayå [The Living One]
Barbelå
Isheth-Hayil [Valiant Woman]
Mary Magdalene
Batda'ath

And when my brother Cain murdered my brother Abel, The Father spoke to the Son and Daughter, and asked: "What should be done with the Man? Send one of your firstborn sons, the seven archangels, the High Aeons, to take human form and be the new son of Adam and Eve." And The Son Said, "Father, but, they unlike us, if they descend, cannot come to mankind again, for they can father human children. Is this not what the Demiurge, Samael, The Fool, does with the Archons?" But The Daughter said "Let it be as you have spoken, Father."
The Father said "Assemble your firstborn sons, the seven archangels, the High Aeons, and see which will volunteer."
For The Son and The Daughter, when first created, cohabited and had septuplets , the seven High Aeons:
Micheal
Gabriel
Nuriel
Rafael
Metatroel
Sandalfoel
Seth

And none volunteered except the youngest, Seth. And The Father said "You shall be known when you reascend as Great Seth. For though you may not speak to humankind, they should pray to you first of all the Aeons. Only I and your parents shall be above you"

And I descended as a child into the womb of Eve. Now. give praise, children.

And he led them in praise:
Bless the Father, my Soul, and all its aspects the Holy Names of The Son and Daughter
Praise the Father, Yea, praise The Holy Son and Daughter
Praise them in their exalted heights
Praise them as they are great
All souls, Praise the Father, Son and Daughter
Praise the Father, Son and Daughter
All souls, Praise the Father, Son and Daughter
Praise the Father, Son and Daughter
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

More of The Book of Seth:
He [Seth] continued his discourse:
The difference between The Father and The Demiurge is the difference is the difference between light and dark. The Demiurge dwells in darkness- he wishes to be one majesty, without the Father. He is in the darkness of ignorance that he can succeed. But even when the Demiurge made Adam and Eve fall, the Father rejoiced in his light. He created the Son and Daughter- The power to bring light and the ability to focus the power.
The Daughter- those blasphemers enslaved to the Demiurge see her as a whore. But what she wants is to provide the focus for the power of the Son, her brother- for the glory of their Father! Thus, to those in darkness, she is indeed a whore. But the true whores are the Archons of the Demiurge. Deluded by their darkness, they call their oldest sister Veil-of-Virginity- but those in light see her as Defiled-Vagina.
To explain, how may I liken the Son and the Daughter? I liken it to intercourse. Set the innermost parts of your hearts on it- the man and woman are alone. The man, when he is in the climax of his power, emits semen, and this gives his strength to the woman. But see! At that instant the woman gives him focus.
So the Son and Daughter work in secret to those in darkness- but they make each other fulfill their potential- for the glory of the Father!
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

More excerpts and summary of the rest of the contents:
Now, the Father is undivided, self-begotten, and his existence, and the existence of the Son and Daughter are a better existence than any others that exist.
Now the Archons of the Demiurge might whisper to you: "How can begotten come from self-begotten and divided from undivided?" Then meditate on the light: "How could I be so mad, I who know the secrets of the Aeons, the light of the Father, Son and Daughter?"

The world was created by a word, and thus is fleeting as a word, but to those who die it seems imperishable. The Demiurge only acted to destroy the Father,and this futility is his whole purpose in his darkness.
Then Seth leads the assembled in a Hymn of thanksgiving for the knowledge. It continues:
Remember when I walked with Adam in his old age, and we saw what appeared to be a giant. I said to him "My father. I will scout ahead!" And when I returned it had disappeared, and Adam asked me: "My son, did it disappear before you met it?" and I was silence, and all took my silence as saying "Yes".

But here's what happened:

The giant was my heavenly brother, Metatroel. He spoke to me:

"Seth, there will come a time when the servants will worship you as an Archon who became the only one of Light. But, still since they see you as an Archon, they will worship you out of fear."

I began to whimper and thought to say "What a fate for I, The Great Seth". But I calmed myself and said: "That will increase their punishment"

Metatroel replied: "I told you this so your reaction may be seen by the Demiurge and his Archons. For they gloat that you have become corrupted by humanity.
Now I will tell you that the Son and Daughter cohabited six more times, and there are six more groups of Aeons....... "
The book continues with information about the Aeons, followed by three hymns, one to Father, one to the Son, and one to the Daughter.
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

Some random thoughts on the Simonist canon:
The Greater Gospel continues after the Resurrection, with a long story of how Jesus looked like the Apostle Thomas, and sent Thomas to India, where Jesus descended and taught appearing as Thomas, and later helping Thomas in establishing an earthly ministry in the East. When Thomas dies, Jesus' voice is heard: "Until now I have been Jesus Christ, I shall return as Simon- my mission as Jesus is finished."

The Greater Letter of Peter consists of the following sections:
I. After declaring that he feels the recipients are worthy of "secrets", Peter tells of a post-Resurrection appearance of Jesus to him alone
II. He adds that the story of Andrew, who has been martyred, reached him, and while the narrative is "distracting", many of Andrew's discourses are useful in understanding secrets, and as giving secrets is the purpose of the letter, he preserves the "Riddles of Andrew"
III. Warning that while Paul converted to the truth for a while, after a certain point he became corrupted
IV. References the Greater Gospel's ending, and warns that the man claiming to be Simon the Son (who is Simon Magus) is a dangerous fraud, and an agent of the Demiurge to prevent the eventual victory of Simon the Son, and the fake Simon is a "second Daniel, confusing the Father and Demiurge to those who know the secret".
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

The arrangement of The Gospel of Peter:
John 13:1-14:21 rewritten from Peter's point of view
Jesus says that he knows the disciples trust him, and says John 1:1-5, ibid 9-14 from his point of view
John 3 as a story told by Jesus
John 14:25-31, leaving off the end of the last verse
1 Peter 4 rewritten as being said by Jesus before the Crucifixion
Jesus says "Remember Lazarus", "Peter" inserts the story of Lazarus here
Jesus' speech continues:
1 John 1:1-5
1 Peter 2:18-21, ibid 3:1-17
2 Peter 2
1 John 3-4
2 John 7-11
John 15:1-17
1 John 2:7-11
John 15:18-17:26
Summary of Mark's Last Supper, crucifixion and Resurrection
John 21, but the "one Jesus loved" is Matthew. Jesus charges Peter to write this Gospel, says a Student of Peter's (Mark) will write the rest of his ministry from Peter's teachings, as will Matthew, and "a student [Luke] of a disciple yet to come [Paul]"
"If all I did were to be recorded, surely you know the whole word can't contain the books that would be written."
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

How a Neo-Zoroastrian would pray:
They would face The Oasis of Merv, in IRL Turkmenistan, as that is where Nog-Zardosht was said to receive his first revelation, and where he taught Zoroaster received his first revelation. The Neo-Zoroastrians built a major shrine there. They would pray five times a day, at the same times Muslims do, however, the two night prayers and two afternoon prayers could be folded into one long prayer, except on Friday, where the noon prayer had to be separate from the mid-afternoon one.

They would first wash their hands, feet, and face. Then, if they were in a private space or a shrine they would light a candle in front of them, back of them, and to their left and right, each time saying the verse "How shall Ahura Allah shall be to a righteous man? Like a wall of fire against Iblis.". If they could not do that they would turn to each direction and say the verse seven times each.

They would then stand put their hands over their ears and quote the Aghaaze Sura: "Praise be to Ahura Allah, creator of all things." They would repeat this with their hands over their eyes, and then with their eyes closed and hands over their ears.

They would bow and recite the Aghaaze Surat:
Praise be to Ahura Allah, creator of all things. May he distance us from the Temptation, Ahriman. We know and proclaim that there is no G-d but Ahura Allah, and he is one and not of parts, and Iblis Ahriman is still under his control, and must not be worshiped, neither he or his Daivas and that Ahura Allahchose the seed of Ibrahim, and sent his word through Zardosht, Musa, Isa, and Mohamed, but their message was corrupted, and the True Word is that of Nog Zardosht.
They would then get on their knees, repeat the Aghaaze Surat, and then bow three times, each time saying "Ahura Allah! May he distance us from the Temptation, Ahriman.". They would sit on their knees again and say the Aghaaze Surat again, and then a section from the Mazdae Namak. It had to be a Fragart, a section that had a logical theme. Many people would cycle through the Mazdae Namak through each private prayer with the Five Foundation Surats and the Death Surat being divided into Fragarts, and each occasional Surat being a Fragart. Different sects divided the Fragarts differently, with some calling them "Juz" "Para" or "Baab".

An example Fragart/Para/Juz/Baab, The Isae Fragaart, from The Ahura Allah Surat, Discussing Isa/Jesus:
As for Isa: His father Yahya bathed him when Isa was 30: Isa said: Father, why [are you doing this]?: Yahya said: You know of your unique birth, without coitus or fleshy pleasure: I heard The voice-"When he is 30,: He will prophesize": Now, it is good to bathe in preparation.: When they were done, Isa heard a voice: "Go out from your land of Ihuda, to the Mount of Jalil": He sent out to there and heard Allah speak to him.: He returned to his land of Ihuda, and began to preach. The leaders were angry at him, and sent him to preach in front of many witnesses, 5000 in all: He said "I have come to tell those not of the seed of Ibrahim of Ahura Allah: I have not come to destroy the Torat: But to Strengthen it: For not a stroke of it shall pass away, unless it be a stroke of corruption, which be like your Temple: And they called out- "He wishes to destroy the Temple!": [He replied] Oh? A sign will be given!: He took clay and formed then into birds, and called on Allah to give them life.: The crowd did not believe [and they rejoined] Magic!: You are but a sorcerer and not fit [to live], Stone him!: Twelve believed, and he escaped with them to the Mount of Jalil: They had but one fish and a stale loaf of bread, and the river around the Mount was fetid: [Isa said] put the fish and bread on the rock, and gather some of the water.: Then He prayed, and a light shone from heaven, and the rock became a table filled with delicacies, and the water, wine.: He Lit a fire, and they began to eat: He said "If only a could have fed the 5000 this way!.......: But, more then this: Drink my words, like living water, like my blood: Eat them, like good bread, like my flesh: Do Not do to others what you will not have done to you: You are the light of the world, do not let your flame go out: If the righteous sour, and refuse to return, they are like rotten salt- what can be done to purify it?: But I will seem to die, and you will go out and proclaim my word to those not of the seed of Ibrahim of Ahura Allah: Blessed are you, ye meek, you will inherit the Earth!: Blessed are you, ye peacemakers, for you will find rest: If a man strikes you, turn to him the other cheek: Then one of the Twelve betrayed where he was, and two sisters, Marta and Maryam Majdal: And their brother Lazaras, came to warn him: He said, it is seemly that I seem to die.: And he Ascended Mount Jalil,: And brought down a scroll, full of his message and preaching: And told the loyal eleven [among] the Twelve: to gather in a circle around him: And he presented the scroll to Zabdaye-Yahya, one of Twelve: And entrusted him with the scroll: And he was captured, and appeared to die: And the twelve went out and to told those not of the seed of Ibrahim of Ahura Allah: But the hearers corrupted the words they heard, like the hearers of the first Zardosht: A prophet, of those of Ishak who believed in Isa's prophecy named Sawul tried to correct them: But they corrupted even his words: But even Worshipping Isa besides Ahura Allah: They are cursed, but those who know the truth of Isa are blessed.
Then the worshipper would repeat the Aghaaze Surat again, and bow three times again as before and recite the Aghaaze Surat again, followed by the Verses: "Blessed indeed is Ahura Allah, our protector: He saves us from Iblis, and sent us prophets: Blessed be them!: Blessed be Ibrahim, Musa, Zardosht, Isa and Muhamad. But blessed beyond them shall be Nog-Zardosht!:Blessed indeed is Ahura Allah, our protector.

They would stand and bow and recite the Aghaaze Surat yet again and the verses "Blessed indeed....". They would straighten up and say "Ahura Allah is with me, whether Iblis comes from my right or my left he shall protect me". They would turn their head right when they said the word right, and left, when saying the word left.
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

The Friday service was one of the Afternoon prayers. They would gather in a Atash-Allahe, a bare hall with nothing but a pulpit in front, and fire pits in front of the pulpit, at the front, on the sides, and on a set-off area towards the back, and a fountain of water at the entrance, and boxes of sandalwood (or other fragrant fuel) near each firepit. The pulpit had to have a fence with candlesticks all around the edge. The pulpit would be used by the Magu, a Clergyman, usually an elder who knew the Mazdae Namak very well. Some sects had the idea that it was best that a Magu be a Magupati, someone who had been accredited by other Magupatis (from the Magupatis of Nog-Zardosht) to be able to write commentaries on the Mazdae Namak or to teach older students, and/or that the Magu be approved by a Magupati, but others said a Magu just needed to be well versed in scriptures, and preferably be an elderly man. This was actually a major Doctrinal Schism (those who had restrictions on Magu also said a woman could not be a Magu and if a Magupati approved a woman Magu, his Magupati status was revoked, and restricted Converts from Simonism from becoming Magus, and made it harder for any descendant of said convert who remembered his being alive or any convert from religions other then Judaism, Christianity and Islam to become Magus).

The Magu and his assistants would enter the Atash-Allahe first, wash his hands, feet and face, and light the firepits and candles while chanting ""How shall Ahura Allah shall be to a righteous man? Like a wall of fire against Iblis." He would wash again, and announce that people could enter. They would wash, and take some sandalwood and throw it into a pit of their choice, saying "How shall Ahura Allah shall be to a righteous man? Like a wall of fire against Iblis."

The Magu would ascend the pulpit and stand, put his hands over their ears and quote the Aghaaze Sura: "Praise be to Ahura Allah, creator of all things.", repeating this with his hands over his eyes, and then with his eyes closed and hands over his ears. Then the laypeople would do that, with the Magu repeating.

They would do the normal prayer, but the Magu would announce the Fragart he wished to be recited before the Recitation of the Fragart. This would be a Fragart that contained (in his view) a message that he wished to give to the people. He would recite each verse, and the assembly would repeat.

When the time for the final rising in normal prayer came, the people would continue to kneel, with their heads bent. The Magu would then repeat the Aghaaze Surat, and then bow three times, each time saying "Ahura Allah! May he distance us from the Temptation, Ahriman.". He would sit on his knees again and say the Aghaaze Surat again, and turn, still kneeling, and say a sermon based on the Fragart he chose. He would then face front again and would repeat the Aghaaze Surat again, and bow three times again as before.

Then, everybody would recite the Aghaaze Surat again and say "Blessed indeed...." again, rise and finish the prayer like normal.
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

One of the most important of the occasional Surats was the First Occasional Surat "Flame", not because of its primacy and length, but, because In the Death Surat, it says:
The Occasional Surat on Flame is a commentary on many verses in the Foundational Surats. He who seeks out this connection and finds it as the truth- how blessed is he!
For this reason, it was the only occasional Surat to have commentaries dedicated to it alone. In fact, some commentators on the Occasional Surats as a whole would leave it out- promising their own separate commentary to it, though sometimes that not come to Fruition.

It was also the only Occasional Surat that was divided into Fragarts- though this was only done by some sects, and their divisions differed.

This is the text:
In the 19th year after Nog-Zardosht received a grant from the King to have funds for his Atash, on the Friday when we mark the Death of Prophet Muhammed, a Muslim had been observing from the outside. He came in after the service and said: "Oh, Nog-Zardosht, I see you are worshipped as deity. Do you do this also to our common ones [prophets in common]?" Nog-Zardosht said: "Where do you get this idea?" The Muslim replied "When you spoke, the people kneeled, facing you and their heads were bent. Isn't that worship of you?" "Nay, I but a Magu, the Magu of this Atash because I am a prophet." "So are Magus worthy of worship in your faith, Idoltarer?"

Nog-Zardosht lifted his head to heaven and the Ahura Allah spoke through him thus:

When my servants hear the proper sermon from a Magu, my fire surrounds the Magu. My fire is my essence on earth. This is why I am called a wall of flame against Iblis- why firepits are in the Atash- why the one who prayers lights candles- why the pulpit is surrounded by candles. When a flame is lit in holiness, I am there. The greatest perception of me is there- there in the Flame and in fresh spring water.

So the Magu who gives a true sermon is giving the sermon, my fire surrounds him. He is encompassed by it, but my mercy spares him from burning. When the people bow, they bow to this fire. This is a great act of Faith, for in my mercy, they cannot see my fire- if they could their eyes would burn! They have Faith, that though it would seem they are bowing to the Magu, they are bowing to my fire, the fire being my nearness, the fire being my concentrated presence, the fire being my essence on earth. This is a true act of faith, for their minds say what you say "It is Idolatry" but they have faith my fire is there, invisible. They have Faith that though the fire is not me, it is me, and they submit to it through my leave. They submit to that which is not me, but is me. How great their faith is! It itself is like a fire! My flame burns in them when they do this!

Once a week I have ordered them to gather- and in their gathering my fire burns through them from their faith! It does not burn their body, but the uncleanliness of their soul. This is a great thing in their gathering!

How can you believe Iblis is of Fire? How can you say his realm is of Fire? That those wicked ones I have handed to him are in fire? His realm is that of ice and snow. Thus, double the effort of your prayers on the day of snow. How harsh is the day of Snow! It is the day of Iblis. Seek great refuge in me on that day! Increase your wisdom on that day! There is no doubt to the faith of those who do this!

Ahriman Iblis is ever cunning- he makes the ice around his body glimmer like fire. Those who are not careful see it as real fire and are ensnared by him. But those who see the truth are blessed.

The wicked I punish in fire, I punish alone. I do not hand them over to Iblis. The wicked I hand over to Iblis live in the ice and snow. They cry out from the underworld "A flame, a flame, Ahura Allah give us a flame! This snow is too cold to be drinkable- send some good water to quench our thirst somewhat" [ I say] "If you had done good on Earth, you would not need to say this."

The wicked in my fire call out "It is to hot, and no amount of potable water can quench our thirst. Lower the fire, Lower the Fire, Ahura Allah, lower the fire, please!" [ I say] "If you had partook of my good fire on Earth, you would not need to say this."

The fire of paradise is like that of the spring time, like that of the day of Nowruz. It is pleasant, and all rejoice and dance around it. They do not thirst, my cleansing water is in their mouths whenever they wish it.

You who lie and invent falsehoods on my Servant Nog-Zardosht, look inward! See what place you will be in when you die! Strive after me, and renounce Ahriman Iblis. Will I hand someone like that over to him [Ahriman Iblis]? Will I increase my fire over such a man?

You who lie and invent falsehoods on my Servant Nog-Zardosht, repent! You who lie and invent falsehoods on my Servant Nog-Zardosht, follow me! You who lie and invent falsehoods on my Servant Nog-Zardosht, cleanse yourself. You who lie and invent falsehoods on my Servant Nog-Zardosht, sit by my good fire. You who lie and invent falsehoods on my Servant Nog-Zardosht, reject all lies. Reject Ahriman Iblis- blinder of you! Join the blessed! You will have good fortune!

All you wicked, repent, follow me, sit by my good fire, and join the blessed! I promise this: your previous evil deeds will be forgotten, and you will be of the blessed enjoying good fortune.
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

From now on I will call the Simonists, Shimonim, and the singular and adjective form is Shimoni

The Shimoni story of of the Life of Simon of Gaza and his Wife, Batda'ath:
They were born in Gaza, and knew who they were since they could speak. However, both kept quiet about it. After they were married when Simon was 15 and Batda'ath was 13, Simon, while keeping his true nature a secret, began to form a philosophy of religion in public.

At that time, the Idumean empire, especially the areas between Gaza and Bethlehem, west to east, and until Jaffa in the north, was a very active area for religion. There were Jews, Christians, Muslims, a group of sects called the Baley Da'ath (which Simon was born into, and which the Shimoni teachings heavily drew from), and even a group of sects who had come from Persia and syncretized Zoroastrianism with the Baley Da'ath and Christians called either the Baley Shateyoth or the Ahurayim.

When Simon was 18, he founded a school of the Baley Da'ath, known as the Shimonim. He kept quiet about his divine nature, and was thought of as a Holy Man. When he was 25, he announced that Solomon's and Herod's Temples were built on the Western Hill of Jerusalem (Mt. Zion IRL) not on the Eastern Hill (Temple Mount, Mt. Moriah, Site of Masjid Al-Aqsa and the Dome of the Rock IRL), and asked his followers to take a pilgrimage to the site, which he called Ar Shalomo or Arshalom.

When he arrived, he declared himself and his wife to be the Son and Daughter, Jesus and Mary Magdalene. He went around the Mountain, and the southwest of the IRL Old City, preaching his message.

When on Arshalom, he was near the building of the Cenacle, when he was accosted by some Christians, claiming him to be a sex-worshipper, whose very presence near the Cenacle defiled it, and threatened him. Fearing violence against him, his students pre-emptively attacked the Christians, who later claimed that he ordered an unprovoked attack on them. Thus, he was sent back to Gaza, under house arrest, and the students involved were forbidden to leave the city limits of Gaza.

His house became the first Beyt Aysodh Adha'ath (Shimoni house of worship; lit "House of the Secret Knowledge"), and there he redacted the Shimoni Scriptures, thus the house became known as the Beyt Aysodh Adha'ath Rabå Asefarimi (The Great House of the Secret Knowledge of the Scriptures). Many people from around the larger area visited him, and after seven years, when he was 32, the King visited and converted, pardoning Simon.

Simon returned to Jerusalem, and built a great shrine on the Western side of Arshalom, called Beyt Aysodh Adha'ath Rabå Arshalomi.
Last edited by Shemtov on 05 Jun 2021 01:25, edited 1 time in total.
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

One of the most interesting passages in Shimoni scripture is a section of the book Da'ath Rabå (Greater Knowledge) known as Shir Al Ithro WaMoshe, the Song Concerning Jethro and Moses:
My sons, know some of this knowledge was known
By one who never saw the Son or Daughter
Walk this Earth, or in Human form
And not a descended one, like Seth.

It was Moshe [Moses], when he fled Egypt
He saw me and the Son in the air
Above the well of Ithro [Jethro]
And we gave him knowledge.

He would see our Father later
At the Bush that burnt
And was not consumed
And we two were with him.

He said to his father in law
"This is my wisdom,
Given to me by the Son and Daughter
The Son and Daughter of God.

Ithro replied, "My sons,
Your brothers in law, shall travel
And make this knowledge known
The knowledge of the Son and Daughter.

They came to Yawan [Greece]
The Atiki [Attic; but also could be read as "ancient"] shores of Athuna [Athens]
There they read their scrolls,
and made disciples.

But the Yawanim [Greeks] turned away,
Swiftly, turning to Avåre [the Demiurge]
Listening to his counsel
His, and that of his Rave Olåm [Archons]

They said, Moshe [Moses] is no-one
He is the Rav Olåm [Archon] we know
As Eyrmes [Hermes], who
Has appeared to us twice.

When Israel left Egypt,
Some of Ithro's sons
Went to that land
That punished, ruined land.

In Egypt, they taught
The survivors, the scroll
We had given, the scroll
Given by the Son and Daughter.

But like the Yawanim [Greeks],
The Egyptians turned away,
Swiftly, listening to the of counsel of Avåre [the Demiurge]
His, and that of his Rave Olåm [Archons]

They said, Moshe [Moses] is no-one
He is the Rav Olåm [Archon] we know
As Toth [Thoth], who
Has appeared to us twice.

When Aleksandar came to Egypt,
The sages of Athuna [Athens] were with him,
They saw the book of Toth
And saw in it that of Eyrmes.

They said, Eyrmes and Toth
Are one, Thrice-great both
Blessing us with wisdom
Let us build a shrine together.

Learn from this, O children,
That if knowledge is not transmitted
Properly, you will turn away
Swiftly, listening to the of counsel of Avåre [the Demiurge] and his Rave Olåm [Archons]
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

The Prophets of Neo-Zoroastrianism:
1. Adam
2. Shet/Seth
3. Idris/Enoch
For I gave Adam a son, Shet, who was sent to teach the sons of Kabil [Cain] of Me, but he was rejected, so latter I sent Idris to warn them of the Deluge of Nuh.
4. Nuh/Noah
5. Ibrahim/Abraham
6. Isma'il/Ismael
So I told Isma'il that he should build the Kaba by the Zamzam Spring as a sanctuary for his children
7. Zardosht/Zoroaster
6. Gishtaspa/Vishtaspa
And when Zardosht came to King Gishtaspa, I told the King that a great man was arriving, and after he received him, to praise him to all his people

7. Isatastra
And after Zardosht was martyred, his son, Isatastra was given a Lament from me, and the hand to keep the order of the Avesta
8. Hud
9. Saleh
10. Shu'ayab/Shu'ayb/Jethro
And three Sons of Ketura separated from my faith, they being Ad, Samud [Thamud] and Madyan [Midian], so I sent to them Hud, Saleh, and Shu'ayab to warn them, but they turned away and were destroyed, and I saved their warners, and sent one of them to join Musa
And Musa was exiled to the ruins of Madyan, and Shu'ayab was his companion
11. Is'hak/Isaac
12. Yusef/Joseph
13. Yakub-Isra'il/Jacob-Israel
And after Yusef died, Pharaoh wished to enslave Is'hak's sons, but because of the wisdom of a prophet named Yakub, whose name I called Isra'il, they were given respite for ten years, when Isra'il ruled as their prince, so the Sons of Is'hak took the name Isra'il after the name of their prince, but then he was martyred by the enslaving Pharaoh.
14. Lut/Lot
And there was a relative of Ibrahim named Lut, who I sent to make the people of the land I would give the sons of Is'hak accept them, but they mocked him, and one city sodomized and martyred his young sons, so I destroyed it with fire.
15. Musa/Moses
16. Harun/Aaron
When Musa was returning from his exile, his brother Harun, announced the coming of their emancipator to the sons of Is'hak
17. Yusha/Joshua
After the death of Musa, I made Yusha his peoples leader. Through me, he was a great conqueror.
18. Samu'il/Samuel
19. Dawud/David
20. Suliman/Solomon
21. Elyas/Elijah
22. Elyasha/Elisha
23. Yunus/Jonah
24. Benuada/Zachariah son of Jehoiada
25. Shi'a/Isaiah
26. Irmiya/Jeremiah
27. Hizkil-Zulkifil/Ezekiel
28. Danyal/Daniel
29. Uzayar/Ezra
And I sent Samu'il to make Dawud, who I taught hymns, King of the Sons of Is'hak. And his son Suliman followed him, and I told him to build a shrine on Mt. Salem, he was a gatherer of proverbs. And when he died, some of his subjects rebelled against me, so I sent Elyas and Elyasha to return them, and a student of Elyasha named Yunus was sent to the children of Ketura to bring them back to me; one city listened. And the Is'hakites went on rebelling, so I sent them Benuada, Shi'a, Irmiya and Hizkil-Zulkifil, but they heeded them not, even martyring Benuada, so I destroyed Mt. Salem. And when they heeded my message from Danyal, a student of Hizkil-Zulkifil, I sent Uzayar to rebuild Mt Salem.
30. Zakariya/Zacharias
Zakariya was the father of Maryam; I told him to keep her a virgin.
31. Yahya/John the Baptist
32. Isa/Jesus
33. Sawul/Paul
34. Muhammad
35. Nog-Zardosht
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

I decided to add two Prophets to the Neo-Zoroastrian canon: Sam-Malkisedigh-Algdir (Shem, Malchizedek, and Alkhidr fused into one), and Zulkarnayan (Dhul-Qarnayn):
The story of Sam-Malkisedigh-Algdir, as told in the Mazdae Namak:
And I wished Musa to come to Mt. Tursinai, where he would receive his first revelation. But Ahriman danced around the mountain, and he was afraid to shepherd there. So a man came out of the forest, and he said "I must speak with Musa". But Shu'ayab said, "This is Algdir, an old madman" And then I came to Shu'ayab and said "Algdir is not mad; he is a prophet. But you have not sinned, for I wished nobody to know who he was." So Musa came to Algdir and he said "I am Sam, the son of Nuh that brought forth your father Ibrahim. Ahura Allah granted me long life, and I became king of Jerusalem, whose kings were called Malkisedigh. And Ibrahim came to me and said 'Hail, Malkisedigh'. And I told him that I knew of what Ahura Allah had promised him, that he would become a great people, who follow Ahura Allah. And I told him that his sons will worship Ahura Allah as priests in my city, one of the Three Great Sanctuaries [Jerusalem Temple, the Ka'ba, and the Merv Sanctuary]. Then I was told to live as a madman in the woods, where they called me Algdir. Musa, O Musa, do not be afraid of Mt.Tursinai, for there Ahura Allah wishes you to bring your sheep. Fear not Ahriman Iblis dancing around the mountain. Go there and you will see wonders." And Sam-Malkisedigh-Algdir went to the forest, and he died, and Shu'ayab built him a grave.

Zulkarnayan is mentioned in one of the occasional Surats, where Nog-Zardosht is challenged over the fact that all prophets post-Ibrahim where descended from Ibrahim. He answers that a wise man came to Irmiya to learn of Ahura Allah, and while he didn't believe, his attendant, Zulkarnayan, did, and received a revelation that he should go to the land of the Sons of Ketura and help them fight the armies of Joj and Majoj, who he beat back, and then was told to instruct the Sons of Ketura to build a wall to keep the armies out.
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

The Shimonim believed that The Father created the Son and Daughter, the Aeons, and "Humans in Paradise" before the Demiurge was even created. However, The Daughter wished to create something of her own accord, which was the Demiurge, who created another world, our world. The Father told the Son to create "Four Spirits of Light" to fight the Demiurge, but they were defeated. This command of the Son was actually a lesson for the Son and Daughter of the dangers of creating on their own, without permission or spiritual "sex" together. The Father then "destroyed" the Son, Daughter, the Aeons, and Humans, and left two humans in paradise, having convinced the Demiurge to commit suicide if he could not tempt Adam and Eve to eat of an "evil tree" in seven years. However, at the end of the seven years, they ate and were punished by being "entrapped" in "the world of the Demiurge" "The False World".

Then The Father "recreated" or "resurrected" (both terms are used, and sectarian splits arose over which was "primary") The Son and Daughter and had them have spiritual "sex" to produce the new Aeons, to guide humanity back to the "True World". The Daughter was punished by having to come to earth as Mary Magdalene and Bath'da'ath as a daughter of a whore who The Son had to find. Also, in such form, she was "bound" to a low Aeon, Binå.

Humans who had "some knowledge" would be reincarnated. However, if they perfected themselves, according to the paths laid out in the Books of The Secrets of Wisdom and The Greater Wisdom, they would go to "The True World" after death.

The Book of The Secrets of Wisdom speaks of "The Five Seals of Baptisms": Infant Baptism, Reconfirming Baptism, at the age of Majority (15), Baptism of Drowning, Baptism of Fire, and Baptism of Spirit.

Baptism of drowning could not be performed before the age of 22. Then, one had to separate themselves from other people for a week in the winter, eating only stale bread and drinking only bad-tasting water. Men who had wet dreams during the week were disqualified. Then they would enter a room decorated with certain plants and stones, with a pool of water in the center, and fully immerse until they would need to come up or drown.

Baptism of Fire happened at age 29. It happened in Summer, and they had to retreat for a week, as in the previous Baptism. They would enter basically a very hot sauna decorated with certain plants and stones, until they would be near the point of fainting.

Baptism of spirit happened at age 36. It could occur at any time of year, though spring or fall was proffered. They would retreat, and then sit in a room decorated with certain plants and stones, naked, alone, chanting hymns, until they almost starving, near dehydration, or could no longer control their bladders or bowels.

In addition, Shimonim had to "ascend" "49 gates of Aeons" in each level from age 15 on. This was the main focus of the Book of Greater Wisdom. It contained 49 songs, one for each Aeon, and 49 meditation techniques, also for each Aeon. Only someone who underwent all Five Baptisms and "ascended the 49 Gates" after the fifth Baptism could enter the "World of Truth", but if anybody underwent Infant Baptism, they would be reincarnated.

Converts had to survive 22, 28, or 36 years as a Shimoni to even have a hope of reaching the "World of Truth" then, since they were treated as "spiritual" infants upon converting, but different sects said that they could get their Reconfirming baptism one, seven or a full 15 years after their "Infant" Baptism, thus explaining the different numbers. Non-Shimonim would be sent to the "Hall of the Demiurge" upon death, but given the fact that a Shimoni could be reincarnated in a non-Shimoni family, the previous incarnation's Infant Baptism would allow them to be reincarnated. In fact, Shimonim believed that all humans except "prophets and certain Saints" were on a cycle of constant reincarnation before Shimon and Bath'Da'ath came and those alive at the time of Shimon and Bath'da'ath who didn't become Shimonim were given "Five free Reincarnations", except those who commited certain "Grave Sins" (Murder, Adultery, Incest, Homosexuality, Bestiality, Cursing The Father, Jesus, Mary Magdalene, Shimon and Bath'da'ath, and persecuting Shimonim for being Shimoni, and becoming Clergy in any religion other then Judaism, Christianity Baley Da'at, Baley Shateyoth, and Manichaeism-which was seen as a "sect" of the Baley Shateyoth- these religions were termed "The Erring Proximities" ; Later Shimonim said that "Islam and Neo-Zoroastrianism are of the Erring Proximities")
-JRR Tolkien