Alaaban ~ Aras ~ Àntôrsioa

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Alaaban ~ Aras ~ Àntôrsioa

Post by Threr »

Hi! I've been hesitating to make this presentation as it is a long an complex work and I am not a native English speaker. ^^
I'll try and do my best to make it as understandable as possible!

Introduction

First thing first. The name of this topic is introducing three words : Alaaban, Aras and Àntôrsioa.
I am not going to talk about Alaaban before a very long time. Still, it is quite easy to get what it is. Alaaban is the everything with a capital E. Every single world is inside of it whether its yours or mine.
Aras is one of these world and, obviously, is the one I created. I am here only going to focus on a very small portion of it though. This portion's name is "Àntôrsioa". The relationship between the two is going to be explained as I go through its cosmogony.

Àntôrsioa has a rather long story. I'd like to show you how many ages and eras there are in this story with this little list :

Spoiler:
Creation's age
First time
Second time
Third time
Fourth time
Fifth time
Sixth time
Seventh time
Eighth time
Ninth time
Tenth time
Eleventh time
Twelfth time

First Age's Eras
Creation Era
Godlike Era
War Era
Energies Era
Tech-War Era
Neonnian Era
Traitor's reawakening Era
Legends Era
Ignorance Era
Extinction Era

Second Age

Third Age's Eras
Reawakening Era
Sly Era
Bloody Era
Uprising Era
Knowledge War Era
Joy Era

Fourth Are's Eras
Tahar's reawakening Era
Unnamed ones' Era
Era of the End
Epic Era
Sitals' Era
Victory Era

Fifth Age's Eras
The first living one's Era
Dikamas' Era
Dûhs' Era
Mortals' Era
Survival Era

Sixth Age's Eras
Rebirth Era
Apogeeans' Era
Ekto-Dista Era
Ascent's Era

Seventh Are's Eras
Last dimension's Era
Adoration's Era
Èntramétas Era
Last coming back's Era
Peaceful Era

Eighth Age's Eras
Dark sisters' comeback Era
The old mummy's Era
Néoskaryaq's Era
Biting war Era
Last lutis' Era
Last ternen's Era

Ninth Age's Eras
Mad Era
The titans brothers' death Era
The last ékto-dista's Era
Néos' death Era

Tenth Age's Eras
Dèymôn'hyak Era
The past's ardors' Era
Vfèns' reawakening Era
Forgetting Era

Eleventh Age's Eras
The end of the immortals Era
The world with a futur's Era
New Har's Era
The end of time's Era
The last war's Era

Twelfth Age's Eras
Mrassoss's power's Era
Spirituàg's proof's Era
Half-Dèrs's reign Era
Disbanding of the Alicikitas' Era
Weak ones' reign Era
Ungodly Era

Last Age's Eras
Aras Era
Great Kings' Era
Evolution's Era
Mrassoss's accession's Era
End of the revolution's Era
Time's end Era
Basically, the further you advance in the history, the more complex it gets. Therefore, the first eras are really quick to explain.
Chapter 0 to 12 will be describing the Creation's Age.

:: Chapter 0 -> The three first times ::

"Nassésµam méréyin'alosaréin'ûd sôzènûlam dû fèrfiwa" - Néoskaryaq Dikwama

(Mortals cannot imagine what nothingness truly is for they're mistaking it with the void.)

The first time:

Back to the first time, even before the birth of Aras, was nothing, not even void. The very notion of space, volume, time, none of this used to exist. The only thing that were then was a consciousness. And this one could not give its thoughts shape, there weren't no words, no concepts, no shapes for none of these used the exist. It was nothing but some raw consciousness, pure and absolute. Came a "moment" when it ended up being aware of its own existence. It was able to create the very first concept in this world : uniqueness. In fact, there was nothing but it, one thing, nothing else. Naturally, the concept of quantity was soon to be deduced from that uniqueness. Still, it was difficult to conceive something else than itself. After all, it was the WORLD, so what would the world be if it wasn't unique? Would it still be one world? Understanding such complex concept without any tool to represent it was too annoying. It needed a context.
Imagining this context might seem trivial, it was not. This consciousness was the only thing that composed this world, its thoughts were the world itself. Thus, this context it conceived to make a representation of quantity was nothing less than "space". It has just created the void. This one would later be called in the divine language : "Azar" while the consciousness would then be called "Tôw". Tôw wanted to experiment this void. For that matter, the void needed a proper way to work, some rules, a personality, a manual. Tôw condensed this all in a rule, only one rule. It gave birth to the Tazôrd. This rule was to be theorized in many ways throughout the entire history of this world. From this one originated every single physical rule that were to bend the world to its shape.
The Tazôrd was independent from the will of Tôw once it was created. The Tazôrd created five dimension on its own : Bûka, Téna, Zara, Gayèl and Fust. Tôw kept observing the evolution of this void and came up with a simple conclusion. All this evolution was without meaning if nothing existed inside of it. In order to truly understand Azar, it had create things. And that precisely what it did. It started imagining different kind of objects of all shapes inside of this void. It was the very first time that something that could be compared to matter came to be in the world.
This event ended the first time.

Timeline at this moment:

Time doesn't exist yet. Therefore each of these events, even though causally linked the each others, are happening in every possible order, including simultaneously.

"Motahaséjya Gûho ui kalicana 'No id sôzô'néwinsarya" - Mrassoss

(Time is a funny thing. Would it disappear that none would notice. And still, even the Gods of the Gods are afraid of it.)

The second time:

While the experiments on the effects of the Tazôrd on the objects from Azar kept going, something new was born inside of Tôw: a feeling. For the first time, it felt interested. From this first feeling was soon born another one, much stronger: curiosity. It was not Tôw's only 'first time'. Because of these feelings, it was starting to focus.
Until then, it was witnessing the evolution of the space without being more focused on that than on its other thoughts. This time, it was focused on these experiments and was putting aside the rest. From its experiments and reflections something new came to be: matter. A material the was composing every single object it would create. It was the birth of Adoplasm. It was the very incarnation of the will of Tôw and the Tazôrd inside of every single object of this world.
Being able to express more easily its thoughts through this material, the Tazôrd created the primal attraction. Objects were now starting to interact with each others. Tôw's curiosity was heavily stimulated. It didn't even think of that. The idea of two objects interacting with each other was new for it. Collision was first translated in the world by a fusion of the two objects. But the desires of Tôw were submitted to those of the Tazôrd inside the Adoplasm. The started to change. Soon, the will of Tôw had changed from an object to another. They became incompatible. The collisions were now resulting in a reject, a choc. We were much closer from the idea we have of a collision.
But the interaction between the will of Tôw and the Tazôrd inside the Adoplasm was not a simple submission. Tôw's will ended up slowly influence the one of the Tazôrd. It became contaminated with Tôw's curiosity. But the Tazôrd knew how this world worked as it was its rule. It had to stop knowing everything in order to be able to discover new things. In order to do that, it created Bala, the time.
Tôw's fascination for Bala was immediate. It found it it even more interesting than the matter. Everything was only a single instant so far for it. In fact, it was so interested in Bala that it decided to experience it itself. It created Ûlan, a flexible object, capable of moving inside Azar and change shape at will. Tôw wanted to experience both Bala and Azar (Sometimes called : Balazar) with this body.
It became the first Tôw'Ûlan of the hole history. The first living being.
This event ended the second time of the Creation.

"Ûfosisni aha mihafis nassé hafa mikuiysa' " - Katariah

(It's weird that the one who possess everything's only will is actually not to possess anything.)

The third time:

After a very short time, something Tôw did not anticipated happened. Not that it had a physical body inside of this world, it was under the influence of the Tazôrd. It was divided like everything so far had been. This gave birth to three new brothers: Inézza, Asokios and Adardar. The first thing they had to do was to find a way to communicate with each other. So they created the first language: "Maaz". After they were able to speak to each other, they soon agreed to a logical conclusion of their condition: now that there was more than one consciousness, none of them could influence the world at will without the others agreeing to it. Which is why, before their number would rise, they had to create a safety tool. They created the Vèylian. This little marbles were responding to the Maaz language and could do whatever they'd be asked to before disappearing.
Just as they thought it would happen, they ended up being divided again, and again. Soon, Tôw, Inézza, Asokios and Adardar became clans' name more than that of a person. It became a necessity for these clan to spread throughout Azar. As they didn't truly get the concept of space yet, the best way they could thing of to share this world was give each clan a dimension set. Inézzas were to live in 3 dimensions (2+time), Tôws in 4 (3+time), Asokios in 5 (4+time) and Adardar in 6 (5+time).

Quickly, these clans became people, nations. Within each of there was almost no trouble at first. As they all originated from the same original consciousness, they had no problem to understand each other and they were all the same, respect was an easy thing, it was all natural. The first exception were the inézzas. They liked thing well organised, they were the first one to create a real society. Inside of which different classes were created, the higher classes having the right to order the lower ones. Only the higher classes had access to the Vèylian. On top of the pyramid: Manôk Inézza. The Asokios people did not like much being in group. The were all lonely, separated. Sometimes there were some small groups or families, nothing more. They liked to enjoy the world as observers, they didn't create much, observing was more than enough for them. The Adardar had inherited the most instable dimension set and had a lot of trouble to create anything. In fact, their own existence was threatened by their situation. That is why they focused on making themselves better more than the world around them. They developed much more feelings than the other. Feelings such as anger, hate, cupidity, jealousy. Their peace stopped rather soon as they started fighting each others. These conflicts lead to the separation of the Adardar in three big family : Dika, Ana and Samé.
Now, in order to understand all that, it would be good to understand the problem of dimension's instability. First of all, there are three things defining the dimensional existence of an object in Balazar:
  • Concrete complexity: I'll get to that later.
  • Evolution: The number of dimension the object exists in not counting time. (e.g. you exist in 3D)
  • The way it moves: The maximum number of dimension in which the object's movement is made. (You're moving in 2D (3D could be argued, but let's stick to the basics.))
Now, what about concrete complexity? First of all, this might not be easy to understand. This world was created from thoughts, it is no more than a attempt to represent these thoughts. But a representation of thoughts can never truly represent them. It is important to make a difference between an object and its representation. Let's say I ask you to imagine a blue-eyed boy. There is not problem for you to understand these information and there is a high probability that you tried to create a picture of that boy inside of your head even though it was not asked. The reason for that is simple. We mostly experience our world through sight, so we want to represent what we would see if it was in frond of us. That can also be the reason for each we like to personify everything including thing that do not have any physical appearance. Still, that image of a blue-eyed boy you might have create will never be able to represent correctly the information I gave you correctly. In fact, you would have to imagine every single possible boy and, for each of them, try every single possible blue eyes. Your brain will never be able of such things. Balazar/Aras is the same, it will never be able the create a representation that perfectly matched the true object. And this true object can have many different representations. The concrete complexity is the maximum number of dimension that a representation of this objectif could exist in. I won't enter the details, but for the blue-eyed boy, I'll ask you to admit it's five.
Now, how does that explain what's troubling the Adardars? Well, even though they're different dimensions they keep trying to create things the same way the other poeple do and there concrete complexity remains the same. So.... What's the problem? A fundamental law in Balazar is that the larger the number of dimension is, the larger the number of representation is possible. But the larger the number of dimension the bigger the number of impossible representations. Let's take an example in order to understand that.

Pretty, isn't it? If you now leave 2D for 3D, you obviously gain many new way of representing things. Although this figure which is easy to create in 2D becomes impossible in 3D. And this is strongly exponential. This is why an object has a limited concrete complexity. If it wasn't for this rule, the concrete complexity would always be infinite. Now, what happens if you want to create something which's concrete complexity is inferior to the number of dimensions of the place you live in? You cannot. That is the problem the Adardars are facing. They have the same ideas of their brothers because they have the same origins but they cannot possibly create them because of the dimensional complexity of the dimension set. And this is not the only problem. Because even the way they want to create their body is most of the time impossible. So their own body becomes limited and the risk that they try create themselves a body that cannot be is the same of them losing their own life. The concrete complexity of the Tôw'Ûlan is supposed to be 5, their survival itself is a miracle.
And the last people, the Tôw, is leaving in most suitable dimension set and they don't really care of what is happening outside. They keep going as Tôw used to. They're calm, they observe and experiment. The last drop is ready to fall and the moment the Adardars decide to attack their siblings is the moment the third time of the Creation ends.

"Séµaµako imio ékto'tôr'ayalcéa sa" - Khaèst

(I feel it deep inside of me, war was inscribed in the very DNA of this world.)

I don't have time today to correct myself, my apologies.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Re: Alaaban ~ Aras ~ Àntôrsioa

Post by elemtilas »

Threr wrote:I am not going to talk about Alaaban before a very long time. Still, it is quite easy to get what it is. Alaaban is the everything with a capital E. Every single world is inside of it whether its yours or mine.
The polycosm.

The place where All That Is ìs.

Whose name is "Alaaban" and what does it signify? Is it a philosophical term or the name for the whole place given by its Creator?

Aras is one of these world and, obviously, is the one I created. I am here only going to focus on a very small portion of it though. This portion's name is "Àntôrsioa". The relationship between the two is going to be explained as I go through its cosmogony.
There's a lot of stuff to look over and digest here. I am dèfinitely going to be keeping an Eye on this thread!
Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Threr »

elemtilas wrote:The polycosm.

Whose name is "Alaaban" and what does it signify? Is it a philosophical term or the name for the whole place given by its Creator?
Oh! I didn't know it actually had a name!
Alaaban is the name Nimélia gave to the polycosm. It means 'what is mine'. (Nimélia is another consciousness just like Tôw. The difference is that it was super aware of Alaaban and has decided to conquer it. The world it created is also called Nimélia. At some point, Àntôrsioa will take on Nimélia in a war.)

elemtilas wrote:There's a lot of stuff to look over and digest here. I am dèfinitely going to be keeping an Eye on this thread!
Thanks! I truly hope you're going to enjoy it!
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Threr wrote:
elemtilas wrote:The polycosm.

Oh! I didn't know it actually had a name!
That's but one name for it. Another is multiverse. Yet another is polyverse. Another is the Oecumene (philosophers of The World call it by this name, though I daresay they hardly grasp the true significance of the word!). The sum entirety of all everythings and all everyunthings in everywhere and everywhen and everynowhen in between.
Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Threr »

Took me a while, but I finished the global timeline of my conworld: http://zigip.hopto.org:7018/

There are many mistakes left and does not go further than the main events, but it was already a huge amount of work. I'm pretty happy about it.