(L&N) Q&A Thread - Quick questions go here

A forum for discussing linguistics or just languages in general.
Omzinesý
runic
runic

Re: (L&N) Q&A Thread - Quick questions go here

Post by Omzinesý »

Salmoneus wrote: 22 Sep 2022 16:29 In the case of Serbo-Croatian there's even a helpful list specifically of Serbo-Croatian words inherited from Proto-Slavic, so you don't have to worry about loanwords.
OK, I just didn't find it.
My meta-thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5760
Salmoneus
MVP
MVP

Post by Salmoneus »

Dude, just go to wiktionary, enter a serbo-croat word of Slavic origin, and then click on the hyperlink that's labelled "Serbo-Croatian words inherited from Proto-Slavic" (or something very similar).
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Salmoneus wrote: 23 Sep 2022 03:16 Dude, just go to wiktionary, enter a serbo-croat word of Slavic origin, and then click on the hyperlink that's labelled "Serbo-Croatian words inherited from Proto-Slavic" (or something very similar).
I dunno how this got somewhat heated so fast. The link to the Categories is on the very bottom of the page, and I don't think many people are very good at traversing Mediawiki's namespaces. Really no reason to flame someone who's just looking to learn; we were all noobs once. [:|]
Spoiler:
My minicity is Zyphrazia and Novland
What is made of man will crumble away.

The SqwedgePad
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Also, it's hidden in the mobile version, IINM.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
Salmoneus
MVP
MVP

Post by Salmoneus »

qwed117 wrote: 23 Sep 2022 04:41
Salmoneus wrote: 23 Sep 2022 03:16 Dude, just go to wiktionary, enter a serbo-croat word of Slavic origin, and then click on the hyperlink that's labelled "Serbo-Croatian words inherited from Proto-Slavic" (or something very similar).
I dunno how this got somewhat heated so fast. The link to the Categories is on the very bottom of the page, and I don't think many people are very good at traversing Mediawiki's namespaces. Really no reason to flame someone who's just looking to learn; we were all noobs once. [:|]
Dude. If you think that someone saying "dude" on the internet constitutes a "heated flame", I can only be envious your experiences of the internet to this point.