Qarsherskiy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Re: Qarshkī Language/Каршкий/قارشكئ

Post by Qarsherskiy »

sangi39 wrote: 22 May 2023 23:32
Omariiyy wrote: 22 May 2023 15:32
sangi39 wrote: 21 May 2023 20:48
Qarsherskiy wrote: 21 May 2023 19:48 We do sometimes use Roman and Cyrillic alphabet.
Would you mind posting the Roman and Cyrillic versions of the alphabet that they use alongside the Arabic version?
I have the Roman Version now.
b /b/
پ پ pe p /p/
ت ت te t /t̪/
ٹ ٹ ṭe ṭ /ʈ/
ث ث se s /s/
ج ج jīm j /d͡ʒ/
چ چ che ch /t͡ʃ/
ح ح baṛī he h /h/
خ خ khe kh /x/
د د dāl d /d̪/
ڈ ڈ ḍāl ḍ /ɖ/
ذ ذ zāl dh /z/
ر ر re r /r/
ڑ ڑ ṛe ṛ /ɽ/
ز ز ze z /z/
ژ ژ zhe zh /ʒ/
س س sīn s /s/
ش ش shīn sh /ʃ/
ص ص su'ād ṣ /s/
ض ض zu'ād z̤ /z/
ط ط to'e t /t/
ظ ظ zo'e ẓ /z/
ع ع ‘ain ' /ʔ/
غ غ ghain gh /ɣ/
ف ف fe f /f/
ق ق qāf q /q/
ک ک kāf k /k/
گ گ gāf g /ɡ/
ل ل lām l /l/
م م mīm m /m/
ن ن nūn n /n/
و و vā'o v, o, or ū /ʋ/, /oː/, /ɔ/ or /uː/
ہ, ﮩ, ﮨ ہ choṭī he h /h/
ھ ھ do chashmī he h /ʰ/
ء ء hamza ' /ʔ/
ی ی ye y, i /j/ or /iː/
ے ے bari ye ai or e /ɛː/, or /eː/
So this was copied straight from here (or a similar site that also used the exact same table), which, to be honest, leaves me a little less excited about the conlang. On the one hand, an entire section of text from the Wiki is just Persian, while this suggests that it's wholly Urdu (assuming the two of you are even talking about the same "conlang" at all)
I copied it from a forum about the Qarshki language. Also, Persian and Urdu are two different languages that aren't easily intelligible that use slightly different fonts often.
Qarsherskiy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Qarsherskiy »

Words from Qarshki written in the Latin alphabet and their meanings:

Qusyaria - a type of sling used to launch rocks, usually from the back of a horse or camel
Hashada - calculator, complex computer systems
Ghaqakheezr' - a legendary fire-breathing fish that guides sailors East in the morning and West in the evening
Husayniiyy - to be martyred by a rain of arrows
Amir-al-watani - a chief who is in charge of a farm
Yelililiku - a whistle made from hollowed plant stems
Sokoliiyy - A large predatory bird such as a falcon, eagle, or hawk
Mumbaashk - A big strong man, usually one from Sub-Saharan Africa, usually said as a compliment
Torahi - to misinterpret or mistranslate old texts or what someone says in another language
Javiyanistan - any large mountain that had something built on it
sangi39

Post by sangi39 »

Qarsherskiy wrote: 24 May 2023 14:54
Qarsherskiy wrote: 21 May 2023 19:48 We do sometimes use Roman and Cyrillic alphabet.
Would you mind posting the Roman and Cyrillic versions of the alphabet that they use alongside the Arabic version?
b /b/
پ پ pe p /p/
ت ت te t /t̪/
ٹ ٹ ṭe ṭ /ʈ/
ث ث se s /s/
ج ج jīm j /d͡ʒ/
چ چ che ch /t͡ʃ/
ح ح baṛī he h /h/
خ خ khe kh /x/
د د dāl d /d̪/
ڈ ڈ ḍāl ḍ /ɖ/
ذ ذ zāl dh /z/
ر ر re r /r/
ڑ ڑ ṛe ṛ /ɽ/
ز ز ze z /z/
ژ ژ zhe zh /ʒ/
س س sīn s /s/
ش ش shīn sh /ʃ/
ص ص su'ād ṣ /s/
ض ض zu'ād z̤ /z/
ط ط to'e t /t/
ظ ظ zo'e ẓ /z/
ع ع ‘ain ' /ʔ/
غ غ ghain gh /ɣ/
ف ف fe f /f/
ق ق qāf q /q/
ک ک kāf k /k/
گ گ gāf g /ɡ/
ل ل lām l /l/
م م mīm m /m/
ن ن nūn n /n/
ہ, ﮩ, ﮨ ہ choṭī he h /h/
ھ ھ do chashmī he h /ʰ/
ء ء hamza ' /ʔ/
ی ی ye y, i /j/ or /iː/
So this was copied straight from here (or a similar site that also used the exact same table), which, to be honest, leaves me a little less excited about the conlang. On the one hand, an entire section of text from the Wiki is just Persian, while this suggests that it's wholly Urdu (assuming the two of you are even talking about the same "conlang" at all)
I copied it from a forum about the Qarshki language. Also, Persian and Urdu are two different languages that aren't easily intelligible that use slightly different fonts often.
Ummmm, that post is from Omariiyy, not you? How did you copy it and paste it here?
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.
Qarsherskiy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Qarsherskiy »

sangi39 wrote: 24 May 2023 15:23
Qarsherskiy wrote: 24 May 2023 14:54
b /b/
پ پ pe p /p/
ت ت te t /t̪/
ٹ ٹ ṭe ṭ /ʈ/
ث ث se s /s/
ج ج jīm j /d͡ʒ/
چ چ che ch /t͡ʃ/
ح ح baṛī he h /h/
خ خ khe kh /x/
د د dāl d /d̪/
ڈ ڈ ḍāl ḍ /ɖ/
ذ ذ zāl dh /z/
ر ر re r /r/
ڑ ڑ ṛe ṛ /ɽ/
ز ز ze z /z/
ژ ژ zhe zh /ʒ/
س س sīn s /s/
ش ش shīn sh /ʃ/
ص ص su'ād ṣ /s/
ض ض zu'ād z̤ /z/
ط ط to'e t /t/
ظ ظ zo'e ẓ /z/
ع ع ‘ain ' /ʔ/
غ غ ghain gh /ɣ/
ف ف fe f /f/
ق ق qāf q /q/
ک ک kāf k /k/
گ گ gāf g /ɡ/
ل ل lām l /l/
م م mīm m /m/
ن ن nūn n /n/
ہ, ﮩ, ﮨ ہ choṭī he h /h/
ھ ھ do chashmī he h /ʰ/
ء ء hamza ' /ʔ/
ی ی ye y, i /j/ or /iː/
Ummmm, that post is from Omariiyy, not you? How did you copy it and paste it here?
I didn’t. I’m using a translator and it mixed up English pronouns. My bad.
GoshDiggityDangit
greek
greek

Post by GoshDiggityDangit »

It's a roleplay, let them have their fun. Or don't, I don't care.
“Like billowing clouds, Like the incessant gurgle of the brook,
The longing of the spirit can never be stilled.” ― St. Hildegard von Bingen
Qarsherskiy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Qarsherskiy »

GoshDiggityDangit wrote: 25 May 2023 03:40 It's a roleplay, let them have their fun. Or don't, I don't care.
No. There is no role playing. I am here to teach people about my language and culture.
Keenir
mayan
mayan

Post by Keenir »

Qarsherskiy wrote: 25 May 2023 15:28
GoshDiggityDangit wrote: 25 May 2023 03:40 It's a roleplay, let them have their fun. Or don't, I don't care.
No. There is no role playing.
We're all fine whether there is or not; a country carved out of the state of Virginia (USA) is not at all an outlandish setting, compared with some locales that have been spoken of on these conlang forums.
I am here to teach people about my language and culture.
Please do.
At work on Apaan: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4799
Qarsherskiy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Qarsherskiy »

Keenir wrote: 25 May 2023 21:10
Qarsherskiy wrote: 25 May 2023 15:28
No. There is no role playing.
We're all fine whether there is or not; a country carved out of the state of Virginia (USA) is not at all an outlandish setting, compared with some locales that have been spoken of on these conlang forums.
I am here to teach people about my language and culture.
Please do.
Have you heard of the words “AL OUS AL ULOOZ” ?
Qarsherskiy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Qarsherskiy »

Unique letters found only in the Qarshkī language from the Islamic Sultanate of Qarsherskiy:
ں̤ ں̈ ںް ܳںُ

ްںء ع̈ ع̤ عُُ ع
Keenir
mayan
mayan

Post by Keenir »

Qarsherskiy wrote: 25 May 2023 22:15
Qarsherskiy wrote: 25 May 2023 15:28 I am here to teach people about my language and culture.
Please do.
No, I haven't heard of those words in that romanization, though they sound slightly familiar.

BTW, you do know this isn't a chat forum, right? Please explain what the words (expression? noun phrase?) mean or allude to.
Unique letters found only in the Qarshkī language from the Islamic Sultanate of Qarsherskiy:
ں̤ ں̈ ںް ܳںُ

ްںء ع̈ ع̤ عُُ ع
Are they vowel sounds? Do they denote questions? If they're unique, and if you tell us that they are unique, please tell us how they are unique.
sangi39

Post by sangi39 »

Keenir wrote: 26 May 2023 01:34
Qarsherskiy wrote: 25 May 2023 15:28 I am here to teach people about my language and culture.
Please do.
No, I haven't heard of those words in that romanization, though they sound slightly familiar.

BTW, you do know this isn't a chat forum, right? Please explain what the words (expression? noun phrase?) mean or allude to.
I'd agree with this. It's better to assume we haven't heard of anything from the language or culture you're trying to describe (there's a very good chance we haven't). How you present anything, and in what order, is of course entirely up to you (some people present it from an in-world perspective, or from the perspective of a traveller, others choose to go for a more "encyclopedic" route, others go for a more "scratchpad" approach too, especially with newer conlangs/concultures that are a work in progress), but, generally speaking, as long as it's interesting, well-presented, and the user is enthusiastic, I'd say most people will read about your conlang/conculture (you might not necessarily get feedback, but that's not a bad thing either - There's a lot of reasons why that might happen)

ں̤ ں̈ ںް ܳںُ

ްںء ع̈ ع̤ عُُ ع
Are they vowel sounds? Do they denote questions? If they're unique, and if you tell us that they are unique, please tell us how they are unique.
Agreed again. The letters are unique, sure, but what sounds do they represent? Are they an orthographic quirk, e.g. only use in loanwords, or do they represent sounds that used to be in the language, but aren't any more? What makes them unique, and what makes it necessary for these unique letters to exist?
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.
Qarsherskiy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Qarsherskiy »

Please do.

ں̤ ں̈ ںް ܳںُ

ްںء ع̈ ع̤ عُُ ع
These only exist in Qarshkī and most of them were consonants
Qarsherskiy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Qarsherskiy »

sangi39 wrote: 26 May 2023 13:02
Please do.

I'd agree with this. It's better to assume we haven't heard of anything from the language or culture you're trying to describe (there's a very good chance we haven't). How you present anything, and in what order, is of course entirely up to you (some people present it from an in-world perspective, or from the perspective of a traveller, others choose to go for a more "encyclopedic" route, others go for a more "scratchpad" approach too, especially with newer conlangs/concultures that are a work in progress), but, generally speaking, as long as it's interesting, well-presented, and the user is enthusiastic, I'd say most people will read about your conlang/conculture (you might not necessarily get feedback, but that's not a bad thing either - There's a lot of reasons why that might happen)

ں̤ ں̈ ںް ܳںُ

ްںء ع̈ ع̤ عُُ ع
Agreed again. The letters are unique, sure, but what sounds do they represent? Are they an orthographic quirk, e.g. only use in loanwords, or do they represent sounds that used to be in the language, but aren't any more? What makes them unique, and what makes it necessary for these unique letters to exist?
I don’t know much about linguistics but I will do my best here. Also, what is a conculture? Is that an inside joke on this forum about conlang having a conculture around them? I meant the actual culture in Qarsherskiy.
Keenir
mayan
mayan

Post by Keenir »

Qarsherskiy wrote: 28 May 2023 16:05
Keenir wrote: 26 May 2023 01:34Are they vowel sounds? Do they denote questions? If they're unique, and if you tell us that they are unique, please tell us how they are unique.
O-kay.....which consonants that you say only exist in Qarski?
Qarsherskiy wrote: 28 May 2023 16:07 I don’t know much about linguistics but I will do my best here.
Thats all we ask of anyone here.
Also, what is a conculture? Is that an inside joke on this forum about conlang having a conculture around them?
I don't understand - why would it be a joke? Some people enjoy creating culture to be practiced by the speakers of their conlang. For one of the most famous examples, look at Tolkien or Paolini(sp).
I meant the actual culture in Qarsherskiy.
Qarsherskiy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Qarsherskiy »

Keenir wrote: 28 May 2023 16:45
Qarsherskiy wrote: 28 May 2023 16:05
Keenir wrote: 26 May 2023 01:34Are they vowel sounds? Do they denote questions? If they're unique, and if you tell us that they are unique, please tell us how they are unique.
O-kay.....which consonants that you say only exist in Qarski?
Qarsherskiy wrote: 28 May 2023 16:07 I don’t know much about linguistics but I will do my best here.
Thats all we ask of anyone here.
Also, what is a conculture? Is that an inside joke on this forum about conlang having a conculture around them?
I don't understand - why would it be a joke? Some people enjoy creating culture to be practiced by the speakers of their conlang. For one of the most famous examples, look at Tolkien or Paolini(sp).
I meant the actual culture in Qarsherskiy.
ص̤̈

That is one unique consonant from Qarsherskiy. It’s like a really hard S and half of a whistle. Also, I don’t believe in “creating cultures” but I respect everyone’s beliefs and all and it seems fun. Why did you reply to me with a bunch of periods? 🤔
Knox Adjacent
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Knox Adjacent »

Represents speechless due abject confusion, I think.
As you can see, Qarsherskiy is a very complex and confusing language to learn. It is a conlang spoken in the Islamic Sultanate of Qarsherskiy, a micronation on the Calidiora Peninsula.
On one hand, creating language is creating culture. On the other, you describe an imaginary mini-nation so you're also creating the non-linguistic part of culture.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

FWIU, Qarshkī is a micronational language.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 87,413 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Qarsherskiy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Qarsherskiy »

Knox Adjacent wrote: 29 May 2023 02:48 Represents speechless due abject confusion, I think.
As you can see, Qarsherskiy is a very complex and confusing language to learn. It is a conlang spoken in the Islamic Sultanate of Qarsherskiy, a micronation on the Calidiora Peninsula.
On one hand, creating language is creating culture. On the other, you describe an imaginary mini-nation so you're also creating the non-linguistic part of culture.
There is nothing imaginary. Please stop trying to insult us. I think I'm done here because people keep constantly insulting me. I only came here to say what I know.
Keenir
mayan
mayan

Post by Keenir »

EDIT: we very much would like to learn more about your conlang and conculture. And its not unheard-of for people to write from the perspective of someone in that conculture...but at the same time, and i'm not sure i'm phrasing this well, but its also reassuring to see/know that that writer is aware of it being created and no more real than the world of the Maiar.
Qarsherskiy wrote: 31 May 2023 15:04
Knox Adjacent wrote: 29 May 2023 02:48 Represents speechless due abject confusion, I think.
There is nothing imaginary. Please stop trying to insult us.
If your country really did break away from Virginia, it would trigger one of the federal government's contingency plans for if a part of the Confederacy's territories were to try again to seceede.
I think I'm done here because people keep constantly insulting me. I only came here to say what I know.
Nobody is insulting you. And thus far, you have not really said much - you gave an example of "a unique consonant"...but didn't tell us what sorts of words or phrases it can be found in, or even how old it is.

We want to discuss with you, and to learn about your conlang. But you have to meet us halfway on this.
Omariiyy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Omariiyy »

Keenir wrote: 31 May 2023 18:25 EDIT: we very much would like to learn more about your conlang and conculture. And its not unheard-of for people to write from the perspective of someone in that conculture...but at the same time, and i'm not sure i'm phrasing this well, but its also reassuring to see/know that that writer is aware of it being created and no more real than the world of the Maiar.
Qarsherskiy wrote: 31 May 2023 15:04
There is nothing imaginary. Please stop trying to insult us.
If your country really did break away from Virginia, it would trigger one of the federal government's contingency plans for if a part of the Confederacy's territories were to try again to seceede.
I think I'm done here because people keep constantly insulting me. I only came here to say what I know.
Nobody is insulting you. And thus far, you have not really said much - you gave an example of "a unique consonant"...but didn't tell us what sorts of words or phrases it can be found in, or even how old it is.

We want to discuss with you, and to learn about your conlang. But you have to meet us halfway on this.
Hello, yes, we are independent. The USA just doesn't recognize our claims, unfortunately. Please keep your disagreements and political agenda out of this. As for some unique letters and how they are used, we do have the letter Tkz which makes a sound like it starts with a T and shifts to a Z sound without a vowel in between and is followed up with "ak" so it is pronounced "Tzakh" and rhymes with "Zach" like the name. It is used on the end of a word to describe it as warm, hot, or fresh. For example, Chaytzk means the tea is hot off the brewery or still fresh. Chay is one word that just means regular tea. Neither of us are linguistic experts so please excuse me and my fellow countrymen's inability to explain these things better.