The Sixth Conversation Thread

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Re: The Sixth Conversation Thread

Post by Creyeditor »

I just mistyped a name and got Voldutz. This sounds like it should be something. Also, I was wondering: Does anybody else feel that they are more productive with stuff that they care less about? Omlueuet and Kobardon, which are not the conlangs (of mine) that I find most interesting, are pretty well documented now, but others of my conlangs, which I find more interesting, are much less well documented.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
VaptuantaDoi
roman
roman

Post by VaptuantaDoi »

Creyeditor wrote: 11 Jun 2024 10:16Also, I was wondering: Does anybody else feel that they are more productive with stuff that they care less about? Omlueuet and Kobardon, which are not the conlangs (of mine) that I find most interesting, are pretty well documented now, but others of my conlangs, which I find more interesting, are much less well documented.
Absolutely. My project I'm most invested in, Tnarop, consists of the following documents

TNAROP
untitled 4
untitled 5
Tnarop 2.0
Apuetiéyihitishitut
Tnarop 6.0
Tnarop 7.0
Tnarop 8.0
Ápasssa
Tnarop 9.0
Tnarop 10.0
Tnarop 11.0
Apásssa
Apásssa relay
Tnarop 12.0

As you can imagine, there's no great progress. It's finished enough for the relay but I don't like it any more and I'm restarting it immediately after. And I haven't made a thread about it. Another interest of mine, Vissard, has passed through at least three dozen different versions without ever getting past a few pages of documentation. And I'm on my fifth proto-Nomadic.

On the other hand, Turunisi, which is a throwaway thought experiment, is progressing steadily with only minor revisions.
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

I am kind if a fundamentalist (?) when it comes to my conlangs. I only add to them, I don't change things. Which means I am hesitant to write stuff down if I am really invested in the conlang
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
VaptuantaDoi
roman
roman

Post by VaptuantaDoi »

Creyeditor wrote: 11 Jun 2024 13:52 I am kind if a fundamentalist (?) when it comes to my conlangs. I only add to them, I don't change things.
Me, I'm the complete opposite. I only change my conlangs, never add to them [D;]
Nel Fie
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Nel Fie »

Creyeditor wrote: 11 Jun 2024 10:16 I just mistyped a name and got Voldutz. This sounds like it should be something. Also, I was wondering: Does anybody else feel that they are more productive with stuff that they care less about? Omlueuet and Kobardon, which are not the conlangs (of mine) that I find most interesting, are pretty well documented now, but others of my conlangs, which I find more interesting, are much less well documented.
I used to, even outside conlanging. I wasn't happy with it, and spent a lot of time fighting the issue. Now I'm overall much better on focusing on the things I care most about, and discarding the rest.
:deu: Native (Swabian) | :fra: Native (Belgian) | :eng: Fluent | :rus: Beginner
DeviantArt | YouTube | Tumblr
Knox Adjacent
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Knox Adjacent »

Uncontoversial opinion: Bipolar sucks.
Man in Space
roman
roman

Post by Man in Space »

Knox Adjacent wrote: 11 Jun 2024 19:00 Uncontoversial opinion: Bipolar sucks.
As a bipolar, yes.
Twin Aster megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

CC = Common Caber
CK = Classical Khaya
CT = Classical Ĝare n Tim Ar
Kg = Kgáweq'
PB = Proto-Beheic
PO = Proto-O
PTa = Proto-Taltic
STK = Sisỏk Tlar Kyanà
Tm = Təmattwəspwaypksma
Knox Adjacent
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Knox Adjacent »

I would have gotten a referral a lot earlier if I had known what manic was.