Conlang mini-ideas

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Solarius
roman
roman

Conlang mini-ideas

Post by Solarius »

All of us occasionally have little ideas that we don't have the time or interest to develop. So here's a thread for them.
Here are some of my mini-ideas:
-A descendant of Koine Greek spoken on the edges of the Caucasus. It has evolved ejectives, nasalized vowels, labialized consonants, and a 2-vowel system. It is also split-ergative and is heavily agglutinating.
-An experimental "alien" conlang with immovable word order(no transformations) and a very specific class of words which encode both the subject and the object.
-A Mandarin-Tlingit creole.
-A European isolate spoken in Spain. It shares some features with Basque (laminal-apical contrast, Ergativity), and Proto-Basque(no m). It however, is most influenced by Semitic thanks to Phoenician colonists who picked up the language, and even has partially developed triconsonantal roots.

Edit: Thread merged with this one.
roninbodhisattva
MVP
MVP

Re: Conlang mini-ideas

Post by roninbodhisattva »

A European isolate that has managed to mix isolating East Asian typological features with SAE through contact.
Solarius
roman
roman

Post by Solarius »

Sounds like Kebreni. :-P
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

Solarius wrote:-A Mandarin-Tlingit creole.
Xhát dleil ayanees'!
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter
Solarius
roman
roman

Post by Solarius »

roninbodhisattva wrote:How?
Not that much, just in broad strokes. Kebreni has some East Asian features, but also has European influence. My apologies if you took it the wrong way.
roninbodhisattva
MVP
MVP

Post by roninbodhisattva »

Solarius wrote:
roninbodhisattva wrote:How?
Not that much, just in broad strokes. Kebreni has some East Asian features, but also has European influence. My apologies if you took it the wrong way.
I wasn't insulted, just confused.
ian9113
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by ian9113 »

A language derived from symbols and writing and later developed sounds...
Deutsche Sprache = schwere Sprache
:eng: :deu: :hun: (kezdő)
:con: Adranivicu
:con: Minten
Nortaneous
greek
greek

Post by Nortaneous »

Solarius wrote:-An experimental "alien" conlang with immovable word order(no transformations) and a very specific class of words which encode both the subject and the object.
This reminds me a bit of my conlang Kannow, which encodes both the subject and the object on the verb and so far has a completely fixed word order.
Xing
MVP
MVP

Post by Xing »

Nortaneous wrote:
Solarius wrote:-An experimental "alien" conlang with immovable word order(no transformations) and a very specific class of words which encode both the subject and the object.
This reminds me a bit of my conlang Kannow, which encodes both the subject and the object on the verb and so far has a completely fixed word order.
I don't know anything about Kannow, but how does this differ from regular head-marking? Do you mean that both subject and object are incorporated?
Last edited by Xing on 26 Oct 2011 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
Xing
MVP
MVP

Post by Xing »

A language with adjectives as the only (open) part of speech.
Valoski
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Valoski »

A language that involves sounds made by parts of the body other than the mouth.
MONOBA
greek
greek

Post by MONOBA »

A south Caucasian language that went through a huge consonant simplification and developed rounded vowels due to Turkic influence.
Chagen
runic
runic

Post by Chagen »

A Japanese descendent.

A Germanic Language/Japanese creole (don't even ask how that would happen)
Nūdenku waga honji ma naku honyasi ne ika-ika ichamase!
female-appearance=despite boy-voice=PAT hold boy-youth=TOP very be.cute-3PL
Honyasi zō honyasi ma naidasu.
boy-youth=AGT boy-youth=PAT love.romantically-3S
Ceresz
mayan
mayan

Post by Ceresz »

MONOBA wrote:A south Caucasian language that went through a huge consonant simplification and developed rounded vowels due to Turkic influence.
You know, that actually sounds quite interesting.
Visinoid
roman
roman

Post by Visinoid »

Valoski wrote:A language that involves sounds made by parts of the body other than the mouth.
It's called body language... Hum... Wait... Whut? @_@
MONOBA
greek
greek

Post by MONOBA »

Ceresz wrote:
MONOBA wrote:A south Caucasian language that went through a huge consonant simplification and developed rounded vowels due to Turkic influence.
You know, that actually sounds quite interesting.
Maybe when I'm done with Siųa and I'm rich and famous, I'll start doing that. I need something different enough that it won't be like Siųa. I've been trying to start a new conlang to freshen things up, but it always ends up becoming Siųa again.
Ceresz
mayan
mayan

Post by Ceresz »

MONOBA wrote: Maybe when I'm done with Siųa and I'm rich and famous, I'll start doing that. I need something different enough that it won't be like Siųa. I've been trying to start a new conlang to freshen things up, but it always ends up becoming Siųa again.
:lol: Sounds good. I can imagine spending so much time and effort on one project would make it a bit harder to "think outside the box", if you know what I mean (I'm sure you do). I guess you could always derive another language from the proto-language... but that would probably end up like a different version of Siųa, I guess. Other than that, I dunno. Maybe you just have to take a break for a while before being able to create something different.
MONOBA
greek
greek

Post by MONOBA »

Creating another of the Alopian languages has crossed my mind more than once. From what I have now, it would be wildly different. The Costal Olma language is so distant from Siųa that it'd just be like working within Indo-European, but on Irish and Sanskrit.
Ceresz
mayan
mayan

Post by Ceresz »

Sounds very exciting. Just be sure to share some information from time to ;-). I'd love to see something on Proto-Alopian as well, especially the sound changes that created Siųa as I'm currently working on a language family project of my own. I'm still fleshing out the proto-lang, though. It's a slow process, but it's fun.

Sorry for not sharing any 'mini-ideas' -- most of my ideas go into my current project in one form or another.

Edit: Actually, I found this. Google is apparently my friend.