Conlang YouTube, Metal Music, Emotions, Etc. [Split]

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Arayaz
roman
roman

Re: Conlang YouTube, Metal Music, Emotions, Etc. [Split]

Post by Arayaz »

Khemehekis wrote: 04 Dec 2021 00:53
Reyzadren wrote: 03 Dec 2021 23:15 It's /'reizadrən/ [tick] , I'm hearing /'reizədren/ from your video though.
Oh. I was pronouncing your name /ˈɹeizəˌdɹɛn/.

Khemehekis is /ˌxɛmɛˈhɛkis/ in Kankonian, but when speaking English I say /ˌxɛməˈhɛkɨs/.
I often skip over / insert letters while reading, and as a result had always pronounced Reyzadren's name [ɹ̠ʷɛj.'zɑɚ̯.dʒɹ̠ʷɪn] (as though spelled "Reyzardren") in English.
Khemehekis is [ˌkʰɪ.mə.'hɛ.kɪ̈̆s] for me, though sometimes I'll consciously change the first syllable to [xɛ].
I usually pronounce Üdj [ʏdʒ] or [ydʒ] in English, though it's supposed to be [yɟ], I believe.
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Ruykkarraber family Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Makihip-ŋAħual family Abisj
my garbage

she/her
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Üdj wrote: 05 Sep 2023 00:00 I often skip over / insert letters while reading, and as a result had always pronounced Reyzadren's name [ɹ̠ʷɛj.'zɑɚ̯.dʒɹ̠ʷɪn] (as though spelled "Reyzardren") in English.
Interesting -- I have never misread it that way.
Khemehekis is [ˌkʰɪ.mə.'hɛ.kɪ̈̆s] for me, though sometimes I'll consciously change the first syllable to [xɛ].
Pin-pen merger, right?
I usually pronounce Üdj [ʏdʒ] or [ydʒ] in English, though it's supposed to be [yɟ], I believe.
I say [ydʒ]. The DJ is like in Egyptian for me (I also use DJ to represent /dʒ/ in Bt!apzh and Quispe -- oh yeah, Ampwanitz, too).
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 90,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

Khemehekis wrote: 05 Sep 2023 00:46
Pin-pen merger, right?
Yep.
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Ruykkarraber family Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Makihip-ŋAħual family Abisj
my garbage

she/her
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Üdj wrote: 05 Sep 2023 02:16
Pin-pen merger, right?
Yep.
I've never pronounced "pin", "thin", "sin", "chin", "skin", "bin", nor even "been" with an [ɛ], but learned a lot of words with [ɛn] instead of [ɪn] early in life. Growing up, it was always "begen", "sence", "contenue", "guenny" pig", "Many" Mouse, and "Wenny" the Pooh. "Vanilla", to this day, rhymes with "umbrella" for me rather than sarsaparilla, even though that's before a /l/, not a /n/, and "milk" ends with "elk", not "ilk". Then again, many "normal" pronunciations render the letter A before /n/ or /l/ as an /ɛ/: any, many, marshmallow, alphabet.
♂♥♂♀

Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

Khemehekis wrote: 05 Sep 2023 05:42
Pin-pen merger, right?
Yep.
I've never pronounced "pin", "thin", "sin", "chin", "skin", "bin", nor even "been" with an [ɛ], but learned a lot of words with [ɛn] instead of [ɪn] early in life. Growing up, it was always "begen", "sence", "contenue", "guenny" pig", "Many" Mouse, and "Wenny" the Pooh. "Vanilla", to this day, rhymes with "umbrella" for me rather than sarsaparilla, even though that's before a /l/, not a /n/, and "milk" ends with "elk", not "ilk". Then again, many "normal" pronunciations render the letter A before /n/ or /l/ as an /ɛ/: any, many, marshmallow, alphabet.
"Any" and "many" both have [ɪ] for me. "Marshmallow" is still [ɛ], though. And I have [æ] in "alphabet."

my garbage

she/her
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Arayaz wrote: 05 Sep 2023 14:38
Khemehekis wrote: 05 Sep 2023 05:42
Pin-pen merger, right?
Yep.
"Any" and "many" both have [ɪ] for me. "Marshmallow" is still [ɛ], though. And I have [æ] in "alphabet."
What about "catch"? Is that [ɛ] or [æ] for you? (It's [ɛ] for me.)
♂♥♂♀

Reyzadren
greek
greek

Post by Reyzadren »

Anyone remember a social media site from the 2000s that is not myspace but has pretty much the same capabilities (fully customisable pages, backgrounds, colours etc)?

Lots of metal bands used that site, and even 1 band actually replied to me on the comment page back then (I recently just remembered about them, and they are still active!). However, I can't find anything about any older social media sites at all through search engines. Maybe some metalheads here know what site I'm talking about :?:
Image conlang summary | Image griushkoent thread
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

Khemehekis wrote: 18 Oct 2023 10:28 What about "catch"? Is that [ɛ] or [æ] for you? (It's [ɛ] for me.)
[ɛ].

my garbage

she/her
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Reyzadren wrote: 18 Oct 2023 12:12 Anyone remember a social media site from the 2000s that is not myspace but has pretty much the same capabilities (fully customisable pages, backgrounds, colours etc)?

Lots of metal bands used that site, and even 1 band actually replied to me on the comment page back then (I recently just remembered about them, and they are still active!). However, I can't find anything about any older social media sites at all through search engines. Maybe some metalheads here know what site I'm talking about :?:
Are you thinking of Bolt? Or was it pretty much only for metal?
♂♥♂♀

Reyzadren
greek
greek

Post by Reyzadren »

^Nah, I don't think it's Bolt. It's a general social media site, but the preferred usage is more from metal bands (or what it seems to me anyway).

Oh well, I guess it's obscure knowledge lost to the void now and nobody here knows about it.
Man in Space
roman
roman

Post by Man in Space »

Reyzadren wrote: 23 Oct 2023 00:02 ^Nah, I don't think it's Bolt. It's a general social media site, but the preferred usage is more from metal bands (or what it seems to me anyway).

Oh well, I guess it's obscure knowledge lost to the void now and nobody here knows about it.
ReverbNation? SoundClick?
Twin Aster megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

CC = Common Caber
CK = Classical Khaya
CT = Classical Ĝare n Tim Ar
Kg = Kgáweq'
PB = Proto-Beheic
PO = Proto-O
PTa = Proto-Taltic
STK = Sisỏk Tlar Kyanà
Tm = Təmattwəspwaypksma
Reyzadren
greek
greek

Post by Reyzadren »

^Nope, it's also definitely not those 2 sites :/
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Well, I put up a song I wrote in the style of Bob Dylan a few minutes ago. It's NSFW due to frequent use of the SH-word.

"Done with Gibbon a Shit About Shitgibbon"
♂♥♂♀

Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Today I learned this new Finnish word that I think would be a great name for a Finnish metal band . . .

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/visva
♂♥♂♀