What did you accomplish today?

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Knox Adjacent
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by Knox Adjacent »

I finally figured out how I'm expressing number of speech act participants on verbs in a harmonious way without just person-number suppletion or number syllables after EACH participant. Also means I get to justify diff marking on possessor prefixes or independent pronouns.Just gotta draw up the actual 12 overt morphemes.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

I got done with the L's in doing Irish Gaelic semantics for my Landau Core Vocabulary yesterday. I'm halfway through the Gaelic dictionary with the LCV!
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 89,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Fluffy8x
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Fluffy8x »

Technically yesterday or so, but I’m just getting back onto the CBB.

Just pushed an update to my ŋarâþ crîþ v9 website (bleh, 〈Ŋ〉 shows up the way I don’t want!).

In particular, I have the following distinction now:

feljan moren navan ame.
this_speech-ACC.SG say-REL.NOM,ACC.CEL person-ACC.SG indifferent-1SG
The person who said this is not important. (i.e. if A said this, then I don’t care about A)

feljan moren pennan ame.
this_speech-ACC.SG say-REL.NOM,ACC.CEL who-ACC.SG indifferent-1SG
Who said this is not important. (i.e. whether A said it or someone else did is not important)

Besides that, I wrote a single line of lyrics in ŋarâþ crîþ.
The creator of ŋarâþ crîþ v9.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Fluffy8x wrote: 25 Jun 2023 11:12 In particular, I have the following distinction now:

feljan moren navan ame.
this_speech-ACC.SG say-REL.NOM,ACC.CEL person-ACC.SG indifferent-1SG
The person who said this is not important. (i.e. if A said this, then I don’t care about A)

feljan moren pennan ame.
this_speech-ACC.SG say-REL.NOM,ACC.CEL who-ACC.SG indifferent-1SG
Who said this is not important. (i.e. whether A said it or someone else did is not important)
A useful distinction to make!

Will there be new reviews at Clongos in the Congo?
♂♥♂♀

Fluffy8x
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Fluffy8x »

Khemehekis wrote: 25 Jun 2023 22:15 A useful distinction to make!
Thanks, is there a name for it?
Probably not; it’s been 5 years since the last one.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Fluffy8x wrote: 25 Jun 2023 22:33
Khemehekis wrote: 25 Jun 2023 22:15 A useful distinction to make!
Thanks, is there a name for it?
You're welcome, but if there is a name, I don't know of one.
Probably not; it’s been 5 years since the last one.
Oh. Are you still using your trademark word "clongo"?
♂♥♂♀

Fluffy8x
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Fluffy8x »

Khemehekis wrote: 25 Jun 2023 23:16 Oh. Are you still using your trademark word "clongo"?
Occasionally, in jest. And it’s not a me thing; it’s used a bit in other communities (though ‘clong’ seems to be more popular nowadays).
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Fluffy8x wrote: 25 Jun 2023 23:36 Occasionally, in jest. And it’s not a me thing; it’s used a bit in other communities (though ‘clong’ seems to be more popular nowadays).
Wow, I thought you had invented the word "clongo"! Do you still have the text filter that changes "conlang" to "clongo"?

I googled "clong". Turns out it's used quite a bit on Reddit (where I have never posted), and it even has a Wiktionary entry now. Interesting.
♂♥♂♀

Fluffy8x
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Fluffy8x »

Khemehekis wrote: 26 Jun 2023 00:35 Wow, I thought you had invented the word "clongo"! Do you still have the text filter that changes "conlang" to "clongo"?
No, but I believe I used an existing extension that lets you configure it to do so.
I googled "clong". Turns out it's used quite a bit on Reddit (where I have never posted), and it even has a Wiktionary entry now. Interesting.
Had to check. Reminds me of some more humorous Wiktionary entries, such as ‘I go to school by bus’.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Fluffy8x wrote: 26 Jun 2023 00:42
Khemehekis wrote: 26 Jun 2023 00:35 Wow, I thought you had invented the word "clongo"! Do you still have the text filter that changes "conlang" to "clongo"?
No, but I believe I used an existing extension that lets you configure it to do so.
I have my own Greasemonkey text filter, albeit for other reasons. Rainbow Cult had a filter that turned "trans" into "ghost". And if this post is any indication, Frislander seems to use the famous Drumpfinator.
Had to check. Reminds me of some more humorous Wiktionary entries, such as ‘I go to school by bus’.
If you want to find a really strange (but attestable) Wiktionary entry see "pedosaur".
♂♥♂♀

Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Mini changes in Yélian grammar today:

So far, Yélian used the same word as a demonstrative pronoun and a demonstrative determiner, similar to English:

Vat riur / Vat bit riur.
DEM book | DEM COP.3SG.ANIM book
This/that book | This/that is a book.

However, I was always unsure how to pronounce this word - should it be [vat] or [vɐt], i.e. should it follow the pattern of a stressed syllable or an unstressed syllable? As I'm always happy to de-SAE Yélian further, I've now found a solution I'm happy with, and the two words are minorly separated.
From now on, vat as a demonstrative pronoun will be pronounced [vat], and [vɐt] as a determiner. This is also reflected in spelling: The former will be spelled vát from now on. The same applies to the plural demonstrative ván/van.

On another note, I decided that when using the demonstrative pronoun vát, the verb will always be conjugated with the 3sg animate declension pattern. I've always been inconsistent here and used the inanimate pattern as well at times. A final decision was always complicated by the fact that in Yélian, only inverse forms of verbs as well as the copula verb balia differentiates its 3sg pattern based on animacy.
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
collect_gluesticks
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by collect_gluesticks »

I more or less decided on a final set of prepositions for Yeh. I incorporated some feedback and inspiration I got from this board. This community is so helpful, and I'm grateful for the feedback. I learn a lot just by reading others posts.

My goal is to get to a point where I can do some translation challenges. I think I will once the grammar is a bit more fleshed out, and I have a few more words. I expect I will still need to make new words and features on the go, but this way I'm not starting every translation challenge from scratch. I'll have a framework to build from.
:con: website for my conlang, Yeh.
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

I avoided doing sound changes for Laakitlantu for one more day...
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: Ruykkarraber languages Ngama Areyaxi languages Arskiilz Kahóra Makihip ŋAħual 2c2ef0
my garbage

she/her
zyma
korean
korean

Post by zyma »

I'd hesitate to call this an "accomplishment", but according to my user profile, I apparently created this account and joined the CBB at 5:09pm (UTC−04:00) on July 12th, 2013 - exactly 10 years ago. [:D]

Also, it looks like this is my 10000th post.
The user formerly known as "shimobaatar".
(she)
Keenir
mayan
mayan

Post by Keenir »

shimobaatar wrote: 12 Jul 2023 23:09 I'd hesitate to call this an "accomplishment", but according to my user profile, I apparently created this account and joined the CBB at 5:09pm (UTC−04:00) on July 12th, 2013 - exactly 10 years ago. [:D]

Also, it looks like this is my 10000th post.
so thats an accomplishment which marks an occassion. therefore it fits and thus it sits in this thread. :)
(sorry)
At work on Apaan: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4799
Kovora
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Kovora »

Yesterday I finished making an alphabet, and today I am making more words as well as solidifying the grammar of my language.
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

In https://discord.com/channels/8091881296 ... 1744393276 I described a tanistry form of succession.
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

I have successfully avoided doing sound changes for Laakitlantu again...

I just love Classical Laakitlantu too much, I can't stand to ruin it!

But for naturalism, I need to do sound changes...

I don't think normal teenagers have mental breakdowns about diachronic conlanging...
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: Ruykkarraber languages Ngama Areyaxi languages Arskiilz Kahóra Makihip ŋAħual 2c2ef0
my garbage

she/her
Keenir
mayan
mayan

Post by Keenir »

Üdj wrote: 15 Jul 2023 01:05I just love Classical Laakitlantu too much, I can't stand to ruin it!

Maybe ignore the sound changes, or declare that its one of those languages that undergo mindbogglingly little (near zero) change.
I don't think normal teenagers have mental breakdowns about diachronic conlanging...
Teenagerhood is overrated.
At work on Apaan: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4799
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

Keenir wrote: 15 Jul 2023 03:36
Üdj wrote: 15 Jul 2023 01:05I just love Classical Laakitlantu too much, I can't stand to ruin it!

Maybe ignore the sound changes, or declare that its one of those languages that undergo mindbogglingly little (near zero) change.
Like Icelandic?

If so, Laakitlantu = Icelandic + Inuktitut

Edit: I'm not sure if I've ever made a more accurate statement about one of my conlangs.
Last edited by Arayaz on 23 Aug 2023 00:41, edited 2 times in total.

my garbage

she/her