Qarshkī Language/Каршкий/قارشكئ

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Qarsherskiy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Qarshkī Language/Каршкий/قارشكئ

Post by Qarsherskiy »

The Qarshki language is a unique and very complex language spoken in the Islamic Sultanate of Qarsherskiy. Qarshkī borrows many loan-words from Arabic, Urdu, Persian, Kurdish, Turkish, French, Latin, and English. Qarsherskiy is usually written in the Arabic alphabet (ا ل م) but also is sometimes written in Russian (А Б С) or Latin (A B C) which is the alphabet English uses.

Qarshkī language’s version of the Arabic script usually uses Nastaliq font.
Qarshkī alphabet:
ا أ إ آ ب چ س د ى ي ف گ ح ه ع ج خ ك ق ل م ن آُ پ قُ ر ص ض ط ظ ت و ؤ ڤ وَ ئ ز ذ ء ش ة غ ث ئو ڭ ئۇ ئې ۋ ئا ئە ئى ھ ئۈ ژ ئۆ لا ے ۓ ڦ ۂ ۍ ٹ ټ ټ ٺ ٽ ٿ ړ‎ ڑ ڙ ۄ ڪ ڄ ګ ڰ ڳ ڱ ڦ ڈ ډ ڌ ڏ ڊ ڍ ښ اٗ ۾ ں ڻ ڼ ٻ ڀ څ ڇ ږ‎ ‌ا̈ ا̤ اܳ ܙ̈ َ ّ ً ُ ِ ٍ ْ ٌ ٰ ٓ لـــــا

As you can see, Qarsherskiy is a very complex and confusing language to learn. It is a conlang spoken in the Islamic Sultanate of Qarsherskiy, a micronation on the Calidiora Peninsula.
sangi39

Re: Qarshkī Language/Каршкий/قارشكئ

Post by sangi39 »

Qarsherskiy wrote: 17 May 2023 21:55 The Qarshki language is a unique and very complex language spoken in the Islamic Sultanate of Qarsherskiy. Qarshkī borrows many loan-words from Arabic, Urdu, Persian, Kurdish, Turkish, French, Latin, and English. Qarsherskiy is usually written in the Arabic alphabet (ا ل م) but also is sometimes written in Russian (А Б С) or Latin (A B C) which is the alphabet English uses.

Qarshkī language’s version of the Arabic script usually uses Nastaliq font.
Qarshkī alphabet:
ا أ إ آ ب چ س د ى ي ف گ ح ه ع ج خ ك ق ل م ن آُ پ قُ ر ص ض ط ظ ت و ؤ ڤ وَ ئ ز ذ ء ش ة غ ث ئو ڭ ئۇ ئې ۋ ئا ئە ئى ھ ئۈ ژ ئۆ لا ے ۓ ڦ ۂ ۍ ٹ ټ ټ ٺ ٽ ٿ ړ‎ ڑ ڙ ۄ ڪ ڄ ګ ڰ ڳ ڱ ڦ ڈ ډ ڌ ڏ ڊ ڍ ښ اٗ ۾ ں ڻ ڼ ٻ ڀ څ ڇ ږ‎ ‌ا̈ ا̤ اܳ ܙ̈ َ ّ ً ُ ِ ٍ ْ ٌ ٰ ٓ لـــــا

As you can see, Qarsherskiy is a very complex and confusing language to learn. It is a conlang spoken in the Islamic Sultanate of Qarsherskiy, a micronation on the Calidiora Peninsula.
I'm not sure I can see from just the script and where loanwords come from that Qarshki is a complex and confusing language to learn (which, to be fair, for natlangs and "naturalistic" conlangs is relative anyway), but I would be interested in seeing more about Qarskhi, and the country in which it's spoken as well. Always nice to see conlangs that are meant to have a place in the real world [:D]
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.
Qarsherskiy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Qarsherskiy »

The Qarshkī language has over 100 words for “sword” and most of them can also be interpreted to mean a dozen other things.

The Islamic Sultanate of Qarsherskiy has a page on a website called Microwiki. Searching for it there may help.

I hope this taught you something interesting.
Keenir
mayan
mayan

Post by Keenir »

Qarsherskiy wrote: 18 May 2023 18:07 The Qarshkī language has over 100 words for “sword” and most of them can also be interpreted to mean a dozen other things.
Can you given an example of a few of these "sword" words, please?
thank you.
The Islamic Sultanate of Qarsherskiy has a page on a website called Microwiki. Searching for it there may help.
Do you have a link? I've never heard of "microwiki".
At work on Apaan: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4799
Qarsherskiy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Qarsherskiy »

I don’t have a link but it’s available if you search online.
Some words for sword in Qarshkī:
Sawareem
Bulayeed
BasaraQQ
Sayf
Sayyeth
Svordsk
Suarim
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

This looks promising:

https://www.youtube.com/@QarsherskiySultanate/featured
Qarsherskiy wrote: 18 May 2023 23:18 Some words for sword in Qarshkī:
Sawareem
Bulayeed
BasaraQQ
Sayf
Sayyeth
Svordsk
Suarim
Do all these words simply mean "sword", or do you mean there are words like daggers and kukris and scimitars and katanas and yataghans and halberds and kirpans?
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 88,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Keenir wrote: 18 May 2023 23:15 Do you have a link? I've never heard of "microwiki".
https://micronations.wiki/wiki/Main_Page
♂♥♂♀

Keenir
mayan
mayan

Post by Keenir »

Khemehekis wrote: 19 May 2023 00:13
Keenir wrote: 18 May 2023 23:15Do you have a link? I've never heard of "microwiki".
https://micronations.wiki/wiki/Main_Page
Thank you.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

You're welcome.
♂♥♂♀

eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Qarsherskiy wrote: 17 May 2023 21:55 The Qarshki language is a unique and very complex language spoken in the Islamic Sultanate of Qarsherskiy.
….
It is a conlang spoken in the Islamic Sultanate of Qarsherskiy, a micronation on the Calidiora Peninsula.
If it’s a Sultanate, one would expect it to have a Sultan. Does it? Who is the current Sultan? Have there been others?

Why isn’t it a Caliphate instead of a Sultanate? Were they once conquered by the Ottoman Turks’ Empire?
….
Kind of interesting! I looked at the YouTube shorts; I liked the ones about cuisine!
WeepingElf
greek
greek

Post by WeepingElf »

What are the sound values of all those letters? Must be a humungous inventory like what can be found in some Caucasian languages such as Ubykh.
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf
My conlang pages
Qarsherskiy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Qarsherskiy »

eldin raigmore wrote: 19 May 2023 05:36
Qarsherskiy wrote: 17 May 2023 21:55 The Qarshki language is a unique and very complex language spoken in the Islamic Sultanate of Qarsherskiy.
….
It is a conlang spoken in the Islamic Sultanate of Qarsherskiy, a micronation on the Calidiora Peninsula.
If it’s a Sultanate, one would expect it to have a Sultan. Does it? Who is the current Sultan? Have there been others?

Why isn’t it a Caliphate instead of a Sultanate? Were they once conquered by the Ottoman Turks’ Empire?
….
Kind of interesting! I looked at the YouTube shorts; I liked the ones about cuisine!
The sultan is Sultan Ali Aq-Qarsherskiyy At-Tarīq AL-Akbar.

A caliphate is where all the Muslims countries from Morocco to Indonesia and the Southern Philippines unite under one banner.

I have seen quite a few videos on Qarsherskiy recently.
Qarsherskiy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Qarsherskiy »

WeepingElf wrote: 19 May 2023 16:37 What are the sound values of all those letters? Must be a humungous inventory like what can be found in some Caucasian languages such as Ubykh.
A À Á Ä Æ Å Ā Ë Ē È É E Í Í Ï Ī Į I İ ı Ö Œ O Ø Ü U Ū Ÿ Y̤ Ÿ̈ З Э ع
Here is a phonetic vowel list, best as I can do.

https://voloco.resonantcavity.com/appli ... 10a82e8e93
Qarshkī pan-Islamic song (https://micronations.wiki/wiki/AL-Ouss_ ... _Islamists)
Qarsherskiy
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Qarsherskiy »

eldin raigmore wrote: 19 May 2023 05:36
….

….
Hope this helps:

About Qarsherskiy:
https://micronations.wiki/wiki/Islamic_ ... arsherskiy

About Qarshkī language:
https://micronations.wiki/wiki/Qarshk%C4%AB_language

Qarshkī Nasheed (Nasheed is tradition Islamic accapella poetry):
https://voloco.resonantcavity.com/appli ... af6a9ba293
WeepingElf
greek
greek

Post by WeepingElf »

Qarsherskiy wrote: 19 May 2023 18:18
WeepingElf wrote: 19 May 2023 16:37 What are the sound values of all those letters? Must be a humungous inventory like what can be found in some Caucasian languages such as Ubykh.
A À Á Ä Æ Å Ā Ë Ē È É E Í Í Ï Ī Į I İ ı Ö Œ O Ø Ü U Ū Ÿ Y̤ Ÿ̈ З Э ع
Here is a phonetic vowel list, best as I can do.
We still don't know how these are pronounced - IPA, please. And then there are the consonants...
My conlang pages
Keenir
mayan
mayan

Post by Keenir »

Qarsherskiy wrote: 19 May 2023 18:12
eldin raigmore wrote: 19 May 2023 05:36 Why isn’t it a Caliphate instead of a Sultanate? Were they once conquered by the Ottoman Turks’ Empire?
The sultan is Sultan Ali Aq-Qarsherskiyy At-Tarīq AL-Akbar.

A caliphate is where all the Muslims countries from Morocco to Indonesia and the Southern Philippines unite under one banner.
That sort of unity could happen...but a Caliph is someone who can trace their ancestry to The Seal Of The Prophets {peace be upon him}
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Qarsherskiy wrote: 18 May 2023 23:18 Some words for sword in Qarshkī:
Sawareem
Bulayeed
BasaraQQ
Sayf
Sayyeth
Svordsk
Suarim
Do all these words simply mean "sword", or do you mean there are words like daggers and kukris and scimitars and katanas and yataghans and halberds and kirpans?
♂♥♂♀

Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

On the microwiki page, you state that Qarskī is an Indo-Europeam language. If so, is it in its own branch or is it related to other IE languages of the area, such as Persian?

Do you have etymologies for the sword terms? One that struck me as odd is "swordsk", as to the best of my knowledge only Germanic languages have a word for "sword" which is derived from PIE *seh₂w-. Of course it could be a loan word, but it's quite distant from the Germanic-speaking area.
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
WeepingElf
greek
greek

Post by WeepingElf »

I have a feeling that Qarsherskiy doesn't really know what he is doing ;)
My conlang pages
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

WeepingElf wrote: 20 May 2023 13:49 I have a feeling that Qarsherskiy doesn't really know what he is doing ;)
Unnecessary condescension.