Descending a conlang from English

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Re: Descending a conlang from English

Post by Khemehekis »

Salmoneus wrote: 25 Aug 2024 17:45
Visions1 wrote: 25 Aug 2024 12:26 I'd say yes. Maybe not you - I'm jealous of your ability to wrap your head around really non-Old-World languages - but at least plenty of us.
And forgive me, but that bias is there even still. Bias creeps in subconsciously. We can become aware of it and strive to decrease it, but like it or not, we speak and know what we do, and that affects our art.
I wouldn't have worded it the way LSD did. But if you look past the phrasing, it makes a lot of sense.
I'm not sure what I've done to offend you, but clearly I've pissed you off somehow - we all have - because going up to somebody and accusing them of having a "sick mind" is not a polite thing to do. I'm baffled by why you would try to start a flamewar on such a seemingly inoffensive topic.

Nor do I understand why you're accusing me of "bias". Am I a judge? Am I a reporter? If not, how can I be "biased" - what judgment or account have I given that is unfair or unjustly unrepresentative? Who am I biased against? What sort of prejudice do I supposedly have exactly and how is it manifested in conlanging? Who is it who has a right that I am violating exactly? Are you saying I'm racist, sexist, transphobic... what, exactly?

This seems like vastly and inaccurately inflammatory language.
It was LSD who used the phrasing "sick mind", wasn't it? As he (LSD) wrote: "but rather a sick mind that wanted to escape from it..."
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: Now at 100,209 words!

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
TBPO
sinic
sinic

Re: Descending a conlang from English

Post by TBPO »

TBPO wrote: 24 Aug 2024 18:13 My newest Future English, Tsándydrj Gałáttich spoken in Dimension 0 of Alterverse, is mainly a concept in my head and I use it when I need. I developed only 2 phrases in this conlang:
Ńtygałáttich Psíslfys - Intergalactic Special Forces
Tsándydrj Gałáttich - Standard Galactic
Many people speak this language, but there are so many colonised planets that it developed into thousands separated language families (all belonging into Galactic family, Tsándydrj Gałáttich belonging into Inlish superfamily).
I changed it, and now the international language in Dimension 0 will be a language evolved from in-world auxlang.
:poland: [:D] :england: [:)] German* [:(]
My conlangs
My conworlds
*I'll fix it later