Analysis Swap?

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
_Just_A_Sketch
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: Analysis Swap?

Post by _Just_A_Sketch »

Kesshin wrote: 09 May 2024 02:00 which seems to be the only way Daas actually progresses
Necessity it quite a powerful motivator for language development, if it works for you then there's no shame in it.
The other proud member of myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: The Awloyan languages, Ụwwụterašerụ, Arskiilz, Kahóra, 'ai'u, Northlang V4

she/they/fluff
Arayaz
mayan
mayan

Post by Arayaz »

_Just_A_Sketch wrote: 09 May 2024 02:07
Kesshin wrote: 09 May 2024 02:00 which seems to be the only way Daas actually progresses
Necessity it quite a powerful motivator for language development, if it works for you then there's no shame in it.
It's practically the only way I do anything! Significantly more than half of my Xúuuatxia lexicon was from Toxèix Haio iu.
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Xúuuatxia Alushi [Unnamed] Ẹlnk kakúsan
my garbage Ɛĭ3

she/her
Trailsend

Post by Trailsend »

Kesshin wrote: 09 May 2024 02:00 I want to, but I don't know if Daas actually has enough grammar and stuff done in it. (I might end up making stuff up as I go, which seems to be the only way Daas actually progresses)
I think maybe? Perchance?
It'll either go wonderfully or flop like a fish out of water.
I like risk! I think I will!
YESSSSSSS
(it/they)
任何事物的发展都是物极必反,否极泰来。
Kesshin
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Kesshin »

he/him, they/them
Forgive me if I seem uneducated or disorganized, I am new to the community and vocab.

currently hyperfocused on: Daas
Trailsend

Post by Trailsend »

Yay!

I'm excited to see the different tracks people follow in the different threads :D
(it/they)
任何事物的发展都是物极必反,否极泰来。
Visions1
greek
greek

Re: Analysis Swap

Post by Visions1 »

Trailsend wrote: 08 May 2024 23:23 That seems reasonable, but also like a problem we could solve if it arises. At the moment, there's two, maybe three of us?

(Visions, did you mean I should message you privately about doing a swap with Dzougedan? I'd rather play in a public thread rather than private messages, so others can read along.)
Publicly. I used the wrong word. Sorry.
Trailsend

Post by Trailsend »

Ah cool! I'd be happy to give Dzougedan a go!
(it/they)
任何事物的发展都是物极必反,否极泰来。
_Just_A_Sketch
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by _Just_A_Sketch »

My thread has been created, I hope y'all have fun with Olwöa!
The other proud member of myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: The Awloyan languages, Ụwwụterašerụ, Arskiilz, Kahóra, 'ai'u, Northlang V4

she/they/fluff
Trailsend

Post by Trailsend »

Arayaz wrote: 09 May 2024 02:39 "And sorry I've spoken little here ─ I've been doing fieldwork in some other places."
I'm enjoying the headcanon that Arayaz is a multiverse jumper, popping in and out of different universes to inquire about the local languages XD
(it/they)
任何事物的发展都是物极必反,否极泰来。
Arayaz
mayan
mayan

Post by Arayaz »

Trailsend wrote: 09 May 2024 03:08
Arayaz wrote: 09 May 2024 02:39 "And sorry I've spoken little here ─ I've been doing fieldwork in some other places."
I'm enjoying the headcanon that Arayaz is a multiverse jumper, popping in and out of different universes to inquire about the local languages XD
It's actually somewhat consistent with my actual lore for fictional-character Arayaz! Although popping between universes for her is an expensive and time-consuming ordeal that takes weeks or months of prep work and such. (Someday I should really consolidate all of the stuff about her ...)
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Xúuuatxia Alushi [Unnamed] Ẹlnk kakúsan
my garbage Ɛĭ3

she/her
Visions1
greek
greek

Post by Visions1 »

I am a kid in a candy store.
Arayaz
mayan
mayan

Post by Arayaz »

I've started mine! I'll try to participate more in others' now that I'm done stressing about Alushi.

my garbage Ɛĭ3

she/her
Flavia
sinic
sinic

Post by Flavia »

This certainly looks fun! I could try with my Abaniscen.
XIPA
Abaniscen cancasirnemor!
she/her
_Just_A_Sketch
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by _Just_A_Sketch »

Arayaz wrote: 09 May 2024 03:12
Trailsend wrote: 09 May 2024 03:08
It's actually somewhat consistent with my actual lore for fictional-character Arayaz! Although popping between universes for her is an expensive and time-consuming ordeal that takes weeks or months of prep work and such. (Someday I should really consolidate all of the stuff about her ...)
The world which Olwöa exists in canonically has multiple universes, as well as magic which can be used to travel between them! If Arayaz is in possession of the proper magical item or knows someone who is, it wouldn't actually be that much of a hassle!

she/they/fluff
Trailsend

Post by Trailsend »

Flavia wrote: 09 May 2024 03:24 This certainly looks fun! I could try with my Abaniscen.
dooooo iiiiiiiit
(it/they)
任何事物的发展都是物极必反,否极泰来。
Arayaz
mayan
mayan

Post by Arayaz »

This has been such fun! But I'll not be answering any more till tomorrow. Have fun in the meantime!

my garbage Ɛĭ3

she/her
Solarius
roman
roman

Post by Solarius »

I'd be potentially interested in joining if it's not too late!
Trailsend

Post by Trailsend »

Sure!
(it/they)
任何事物的发展都是物极必反,否极泰来。
Flavia
sinic
sinic

Post by Flavia »

Made mine.
I'll try to participate in others', too!
XIPA
Abaniscen cancasirnemor!
she/her
Arayaz
mayan
mayan

Post by Arayaz »

Oh, Trailsend, could you make a list of the players, with links to their threads, in the first post of this thread? Thanks [:)]

my garbage Ɛĭ3

she/her